Samsung Air-conditioning Units

Beats me. I did ask our man and he confirmed that is was self-cleaning.

View attachment 58890

The dirt possibly falls down over my work desk. :oops::oops::oops:

Given the dust that accumulates here daily (especially with open windows and patio doors) I'd be surprised if A/C unit dust added much to it when the self-cleaning is done as regularly as the manufacturers instruct. Get that duster out! ;)

Given the dust that accumulates here daily (especially with open windows and patio doors) I'd be surprised if A/C unit dust added much to it when the self-cleaning is done as regularly as the manufacturers instruct. Get that duster out! ;)
Thank you @Merlin, I will not get the duster out, I will let the dust gather with the rest. I only dust once in a blue moon.

I just remove the mesh filters every few months if it's in use and my wife washes them. She can't reach to remove the filters herself.

I just remove the mesh filters every few months if it's in use and my wife washes them. She can't reach to remove the filters herself.
I remove the mesh filters every 2 to 3 months too. This job will still have to be done with the new air con. The self cleaning that is being referred to is the inner heat exchanger.

1674201154258.png

This job needs to be done on average twice a year with a high-pressure water gun, in situ. If you ever take a torch and have a look you will see that it gets pretty dirty inside the heat exchanger and fan assy. Most air conditioner maintenance engineers charge around 400 baht per unit for the high-pressure water wash of the internal heat exchanger and fan assy and the external compressor units. 800 baht per year/air con. It will be interesting to see what difference this new 'gimmick' makes to the overall cleaning process.

P.S. @Yorky, as one who uses air conditioning in a minimalist manner, your cleaning requirements would be far less than a heavy user like me.

P.P.S. It may be time to buy your wife an early St Valentine's Day present - a 3-fold step ladder. That should give her sufficient extra height to fully complete the cleaning job.

1674201918531.png

I remove the mesh filters every 2 to 3 months too. This job will still have to be done with the new air con. The self cleaning that is being referred to is the inner heat exchanger.

View attachment 58929

This job needs to be done on average twice a year with a high-pressure water gun, in situ. If you ever take a torch and have a look you will see that it gets pretty dirty inside the heat exchanger and fan assy. Most air conditioner maintenance engineers charge around 400 baht per unit for the high-pressure water wash of the internal heat exchanger and fan assy and the external compressor units. 800 baht per year/air con. It will be interesting to see what difference this new 'gimmick' makes to the overall cleaning process.

P.S. @Yorky, as one who uses air conditioning in a minimalist manner, your cleaning requirements would be far less than a heavy user like me.

P.P.S. It may be time to buy your wife an early St Valentine's Day present - a 3-fold step ladder. That should give her sufficient extra height to fully complete the cleaning job.

View attachment 58930

The second best use of a bum gun.........cleans it in no time.

two,

View attachment 58930

We have two step ladders, viz:

Stepladders s.jpg

Unfortunately the aircon unit in the bedroom is directly over the bed and there is insufficient room to adequately position the ladders even after moving the bed. The ladders do not like being positioned on the mattress - it's bad enough for me just on my plates of meat!

The aircon in the lounge is over the unit which accommodates the hi-fi system; again a difficult and heavy item to move around sufficiently to permit safe positioning of the step ladder(s).

Hmm so self cleaning aircon eh. So where does the dirt go. Its hardly self cleaning by reverse cycling the evaporator (It heats it up to dry the system). Some even produce Ozone or negative ions to germicide. But again. Where does the actual dirt go ????
Starting to sound like a Gee Whiz gimmick.
I don't know.
Some one please prove me wrong. ;;shocked;;
I have no idea where the dirt goes, but go it certainly does. Last week I got a message on the air con display that said "CF". Not knowing what this might mean I looked it up on the Internet. Ha, ha, CF means clean filter, or more precisely, clean the micro filter. Today I finally got my female workforce to go up the ladder and recover the microfilter for washing. While there, the chief technician took a picture of the main evaporator as shown below.

1683804223966.jpeg

Not too shabby for a unit that has been installed for 4 months. And this unit runs for 15 to 18 hours a day, in my man cave. The photo does not really do it justice but it is as clean as a whistle, as good as new. No visible dirt whatsoever. I was impressed. Where did the dirt go, no idea! That's one for @Rice to ponder.

I find that a bum gun is very useful for cleaning aircon filters.

Back