Sit - in

P

Prasart Kid

One of my favourite Breakfast / Lunch spots on my rare visits to the city was the little place at the rear of the Esso Service Station.

Recently they closed down there and re-located to a new purpose built premises opposite the school behind the "Red" Temple on the road out to Buriram.

OK....drive on the road to Buriram....past Memorial Hotel (on your right)....turn left at the corner of the "Red" Temple....drive maybe 100 metres and it's on your left (opposite the school.)

Building is brand new and impeccable. Small indoor (air con) area.
Huge outdoor patio area....then a large area on a wooden floor....with the chunky wooden tables & chairs.
Large garden area that has been very nicely landscaped.....lots of trees....water fountain.....a great garden setting.

Service is very good...Coffee is Excellent....and whilst I have not tried the full menu....the breakfast is top notch...

Breakfast (including excellent coffee)....100 Baht

It was well patronised for breakfast yesterday. (maybe 15 Thais.....and me)

Well worth a visit. ThumbUp6

Thanks for this. The Esso was one of my favourite places for a coffee, read the newspaper etc. I am arriving in Surin end of next week and would have turned up there, been disappointed and not known about the move.
I know the red temple, so will check out the new place first opportunity.
Thanks again PK.

Went to the Sit-in today for lunch. Very new and spic and span. Serve was good, meal okay. Seemed be a gathering place for teenagers. Not for me. Guess I am getting old

Thanks for this. The Esso was one of my favourite places for a coffee, read the newspaper etc. I am arriving in Surin end of next week and would have turned up there, been disappointed and not known about the move.
I know the red temple, so will check out the new place first opportunity.
Thanks again PK.

Tried Cafe Italia, John? Thats my fav in Surin. Try the white chocolate frappe, its to die for,mate!

Welcome back Prasat Kid. It seems like a lifetime or is it a lifeline! 555

Dave, Where is Cafe Italia?
The other one I use quite a lot is the one next to the Elephant musuem (under construction last time I was there...the museum that is) near the station.

If you were to exit tawang deang club, hang a left and its down the street a couple hundred yards tops. It is directly behind the tourism authority office around 100 yards or on the opposite side of the junction with the japanese restaurant.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Lukey and Dave, you are right. Cafe Italia is a good place. Nice and cool with excellent viewing of the lovelies, within.

One of my favourite Breakfast / Lunch spots on my rare visits to the city was the little place at the rear of the Esso Service Station.

Recently they closed down there and re-located to a new purpose built premises opposite the school behind the "Red" Temple on the road out to Buriram.

OK....drive on the road to Buriram....past Memorial Hotel (on your right)....turn left at the corner of the "Red" Temple....drive maybe 100 metres and it's on your left (opposite the school.)

Building is brand new and impeccable. Small indoor (air con) area.
Huge outdoor patio area....then a large area on a wooden floor....with the chunky wooden tables & chairs.
Large garden area that has been very nicely landscaped.....lots of trees....water fountain.....a great garden setting.

Service is very good...Coffee is Excellent....and whilst I have not tried the full menu....the breakfast is top notch...

Breakfast (including excellent coffee)....100 Baht

It was well patronised for breakfast yesterday. (maybe 15 Thais.....and me)

Well worth a visit. ThumbUp6

I agree. This is a charming little place this. Stylish, and large open seated area outside.

Sounds like a suitable breakfast for my six year old daughter - more like a couple of mouthfuls for me! Give me a good old English breakfast any day.

Sit-In Coffee and restaurant, more pictures

sit_indesk.jpg

It horses for different courses at the end of the day. I'm sure if you gave the Thais American links or British bangers (which are difficult to source anyway) alot of Thais might turn their nose up at them. Thais like chicken sausage, therefore it is on their menu. Just for the record, I think hotdog sausages are a monstrosity and should be banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
It horses for different courses at the end of the day. I'm sure if you gave the Thais American links or British bangers (which are difficult to source anyway) alot of Thais might turn their nose up at them. Thais like chicken sausage, therefore it is on their menu. Just for the record, I think hotdog sausages are a monstrosity and should be banned.

Thats two of us..ThumbUp6

Come on , fellas - each to his own . We all have our own likes and dislikes . When I visit USA , I occasionally eat American because British is hard to come by , but I get horrified when I am offered Iced Doughnuts for breakfast - here, if I am in Pattaya I eat British but if I am somewhere else (other than home) I will occasionally eat Thai . Even so , I find it difficult to find tasty bacon here - the crap they sell in Tesco or Big C is so tasteless that its hardly worth the cooking .

ShitHappens1

In the absence of fish fingers for breakfast (best source KFC) you need something like this:-

Attachments

• Gourmetbreakfast.jpg
    Gourmetbreakfast.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 10
Back