Six Digit PINs Coming?

Some online services insist on a credit card, and will not accept a debit card, which an ATM card is. That is where the Kasikorn "shopping card" a virtual credit card with 16 digits comes in useful

The last time that I tried to use my debit card for an on-line payment I was confronted by "verified by VISA" which didn't appear to accept my details. I reverted to the Kasikorn shopping card. (Although I did complain to the bank head office).

The last time that I tried to use my debit card for an on-line payment I was confronted by "verified by VISA" which didn't appear to accept my details. I reverted to the Kasikorn shopping card. (Although I did complain to the bank head office).
Kasikorn shopping card sounds good how to get? cost ? any details appreciated

Piece o' pish (assuming that you have a Kasikorn account and K-Cyber banking).

Click "Apply Card" and just follow instructions. You should be able to access it in a couple of shifts.

No charges involved (as far as my experience tells me).

[Edit: it is usually good for 2 years but it is NOT renewable. You need to suspend the old card before it expires and apply for a new one]

Additional information:

You may set your limit for daily purchases at between Bht 0.00 and 100,000.00 and amend this limit at any time (takes a minute or two).

I normally leave mine set at Bht 2,000.00 and only increase the limit if my purchase is above that amount. I then decrease the limit back to Bht 2,000.00.

You will need to log your handphone number into your shopping card to receive a "One Time Pin" for certain activities. Any purchases are automatically SMS'd to your phone virtually immediately.

The only problem with six-digit PINs is remembering which card/login needs 6 digits, and which one needs 4 digits..

Interesting card authorization at a little woodcarving museum yesterday..... bought a few items in the gift shop and proffered my card. The lady inserted the card into a white hand held device not much bigger than a personal card reader...... no PIN used, I had to ‘sign’ with my finger (as you would when receiving a Lazada delivery) then add my phone number or email address.

A couple of hours later I received this email:-

ท่านได้ใช้จ่ายผ่านบัตรเครดิต/เดบิต หมายเลขลงท้าย 3335 จำนวน บาท 1,960.00 เมื่อวันที่ 24/03/2019 ที่ร้านค้า ELEPHANT COFFEE HOUSE

ท่านสามารถดูสำเนาสลิปการใช้บัตรบนร้านค้า K-PowerP@y (mPOS) ได้จากไฟล์แนบ RECEIPT_74649259240319000022_20190324.pdf

ขอแสดงความนับถือ
บมจ. ธนาคารกสิกรไทย

Dear BINGHAM/RAYMOND ,

Payment of THB 1,960.00 was made from credit/debit card with the last four digits of 3335 on 24/03/2019 from ELEPHANT COFFEE HOUSE.

Kindly find attached the K-PowerP@y (mPOS) sales slip. RECEIPT_74649259240319000022_20190324.pdf

Yours truly,
KASIKORNBANK

Some online services insist on a credit card, and will not accept a debit card, which an ATM card is. That is where the Kasikorn "shopping card" a virtual credit card with 16 digits comes in useful
My 4 digit Bangkok Bank Debit Card has been accepted in all the places I have shopped, including eBay, Amazon, Lazada, Booking.com and Agoda.com. :D:D:D

Back