Starbeam, Ocsri Canopy and the S Restaurant

or just go past hospital to traffic lights. turn left and then 1st left and its on your right.

Sounds ok, what about the other numerous restaurants in Surin all still serving great food....... Farang Connection, Norbys, Sportsman, Oasis, Majestic, Petchasim, Corner Garden list is endless...............

My own favorite is the Japanese restaurant. Good food, nice host and hostess, AC, pleasant atmosphere, nice decor. Good prices, especially during the lunch menu. Love the hot sake, Asahi beer too. Forget the name (Harusot?), but it is just past the Tawan Daeng music venue, same side of the street, kitty corner from the Cafe Italia coffee shop. I also enjoy eating at the HotPot restaurant in the Surin Plaza. Dim Sum, fried battered scallops and shrimp (very nicely done), pork dumplings, etc. Good prices and good food, nice AC and pleasant, friendly staff. Been going there for years and never a problem, and, your Thai ladies will love it as well. A nice mix of foods on the menu, and cold beer.

Mike

Oishi buffet in tesco lotus.
Suki yaki, sushi, dimsum, tempura shrimp, gyouza, noodles and other hot dishes, fruit and ice cream.
Best to go there when its busyish so the food will change out more often. Nothing worse than food that's sat there all afternoon.
I wouldn't say any of it was lip smacking delicious, but its a bargain at 280 bt per head.
Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

I would hazard a guess mate that it would be fairly busy lunchtime 1200-1400 and in the evening 1800 onwards. Just a guess mate

There is also a new buffet outside of Surin Plaza opposite the KFC. The food is on a moving belt in front of you and you have your own hot pot to cook it in. It's one of the major chains you see in Bangkok so it is quite good.

Yeah I saw that place the other night Joe. I have been to the conveyer belt sushi/hotpot places twice before, and each time there was bunch of greedy pigs sat by the start of the conveyer belt, lapping up all tne rich pickings and leaving only the plain stuff for everybody else. Not my scene anymore lol

Both times I have been there they only had a few customers and there was plenty of everything for the taking.
Not picked through at all.

Going back in this thread, thanks to the foolproof directions provided by Joe and Stone, I managed to not only find Ban Glaang Soi but park the car and have lunch there. Wife stayed home so I splashed out on a salmon steak. Everything very good, except for the cheap salad dressing on the vegetables....never mind next time I can just ask them to leave it off...there were two good dips provided on the side in any case.
With a large beer and an espresso to finish it was 250....not cheap but, I thought reasonable for a foreign style lunch including healthy oily fish!
Next time I will go with the family and try the extensive Thai menu.

With a large beer and an espresso to finish it was 250....not cheap

salmon steak. beer coffee , 250 baht not cheap , WTF you must be mad mate ,Salmon Not Pla-Nin ... This is a bargain ,I hazard a guess they made a profit of 50 baht Max .... U-K beer £3.50 \ Salmon £17 \coffee £4 total = £24.50p Thai baht = 1200 baht ,NOT CHEAP !!! :confused:

Wasn't complaining, Alan...far from it. Not cheap compared to what the missus and I normally eat here in Surin, that´s what I meant. Clearly great value compared to UK or Portugal. I thought the place was great and recommend anyone to try it.

Went again for lunch today with wife and daughter, this time Thai food. About 8 other customers, all Thai. For us, four dishes, beer, watermelon ices, 380 baht.....now that's good value given the charming, clean surroundings. So now I can thoroughly recommend both Thai and farang food available at Ban Glaang Soi.

You Surin residents have it made - here in Klaeng it is only Thai with the odd semi-farang dish - I did try the Japanese place in Rayong , but when I was working I would never had worked on a conveyor belt and I certainly didn't enjoy eating at a conveyor belt ( with a time limit !) . The German restaurant sounds very inviting . What a shame you are so far away

Back