Starbeams. Food.

I don't smoke, drink moderately but enjoy fried bread with a traditional breakfast.
Everybody to their own pleasures there's no harm in the odd indulgence

Try it in rice bran oil - almost a healthy compromise..........

Good food,diversified menu,good prices,friendly staff,excellent location,nice selection of books for takeaway so far all is good. The bread fried in grease???? That heart attack waiting to happen should be banned and has no place on a reputable eating establishment. Of course the fools who eat that garbage are most likely smokers also and their life span is on a short string anyway so what the hell they might as well die from a clogged aorta it might be quicker and less painful.

Pogue,

Banned? :) We go with the thinking that people can make their own choices of what they want to eat and cater to the customer's wishes for sustenance if possible. Up to them isn't it? Personally I don't like fried bread myself. Actually had never heard of it coming with breakfast until was taught by a Brit that it is something many UK-ers like and want with their eggs and such for breakfast. I promise you will not have to eat any fried bread with your breakfast when you come around to eat your meal. ThumbUp6:rolleyes:

By the by, for those who have a Kindle Book Reader I now have plenty of Kindle books I can lend for reading. Just come by and ask for me if I am not visible downstairs and I can show you the list of books I have available to lend. I bought and brought a Kindle reader back from the states myself this recent trip over, and have 350 books on my Kindle already, with more stashed on my laptop to lend.

Mike

Last edited:
I didn't ask for fried bread it just came with the breakfast , it was a nice change has i have not hed fried bread for a long time.

it was not oily or greasy at all.

poguemahone all i see you do in your posts ,is complain about something or another why don't you go back to ireland if you don't like it here.

you should be Banned IMHO

I didn't ask for fried bread it just came with the breakfast , it was a nice change has i have not hed fried bread for a long time.

it was not oily or greasy at all.
SANGKA,

Our English breakfast comes with both toasted bread and fried bread. Those who do not want any fried bread... will get all toasted instead, if they ask. Those wanting all fried bread rather than the toasted can get just fried bread if they like as well. Just ask and you'll get what you like with your breakfast.

Many Brits & UK customers tell us our fried bread is the best they've had anywhere, not greasy or heavily fried but light and crispy. We are proud of that, and happy to hear they enjoy the way we do our fried bread. Seriously, we have gotten many positive compliments on our fried toast bread. It's all good.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the aside about Kindle Books, Mike. I will no doubt take you upon that in due course. See you soon.
JohnB

Lets not muck about. Anybody who indulges in a full english/scottish or Irish fy up isn't going to be worried about their own health. I probably indulge once a year, throw it all in there, black pudding, white pudding, sausages or sausage square, even that Mick soda bread. Get in ma belly!

Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

Lets not muck about. Anybody who indulges in a full english/scottish or Irish fy up isn't going to be worried about their own health. I probably indulge once a year, throw it all in there, black pudding, white pudding, sausages or sausage square, even that Mick soda bread. Get in ma belly!

Fair play to you young man , i like a bit of irish when i'm not whe iv'e run out of Lamb Shanks.:tongue:.

Well said Lukey, I gave up on these deathly breakfasts years ago. Occasionally I like fried bread and my wife makes all our bread from wholemeal ingredients which can be readily purhased and if we fry it, we do it in olive oil, expensive for some but it is not going to kill you. We always use olive oil for all low heat frying. That said we hardly ever fry anything and we grill 90% of our food - this ensures that all fats drain out. Although I sell meat by the ton we hardly ever eat it at home except when we have big purchasers coming to look at livestock or the meat packing plant. We eat a lot of fish which we grow on in large ponds.

There are so many healthy breakfast ideas to be found on the internet. Here are a few ...........

Don't forget - you are what you eat!

Top 10 healthy breakfast options

Healthy breakfast ideas to start your day

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s essential that you make it a healthy one. We've compiled 10 healthy breakfast ideas to help you prepare a much needed nutritional kick-start to your day.

Healthy breakfast 1: Beans on toast

Beans (whether they are just ordinary baked beans or kidney, borlotti or black eyed beans) also have a low GI like oats. They are full of soluble fibre, which helps keep you full for longer and can therefore help you manage your weight. Serve the beans on Granary toast and pass on the butter; a great, low-fat breakfast.
Healthy breakfast 2: Porridge and berries

Use oats and skimmed milk to make your porridge, then add any berries such as strawberries, raspberries or blueberries and honey. This is a great healthy breakfast to start the day as the oats have a low GI (Glycaemic Index) this tells us that oats do not raise the blood glucose level very quickly, which is good as it can help stabilise the appetite. Just go easy on the honey!
Healthy breakfast 3: Bagel with reduced fat cream cheese and smoked salmon

Bagels are high in starchy carbohydrates, which help kick start the body into action for the day after a fast of at least eight to 10 hours. The smoked salmon provides the body with omega-3 fat which is essential for the body. Many of us eat far too much saturated fat (which is bad for us) and not enough omega-3 fat that is vital for our health.
Healthy breakfast 4: Fruit and yogurt

Try adding your favourite fruit to a small pot of low-fat or diet yogurt for a healthy breakfast. A small pot of yogurt counts as one of your three portions per day of dairy foods, essential for the teeth and bones.
Healthy breakfast 5: Bacon, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms and toast

For those of you who can’t resist a cooked breakfast at the weekends try this. It really is a healthy twist on a traditional fried breakfast. Grill the bacon, tomatoes and large, flat field mushrooms - there you go, a healthy cooked breakfast!
Healthy breakfast 6: Crumpets and fruit spread

Crumpets are a starchy food (they should be the basis of every meal). The only problem with crumpets is the tendency to add lots of butter to them. Try a fruit spread, a great way to top them without adding all the calories and fat in butter.
Healthy breakfast 7: Muesli and soya milk or low-fat milk

Swiss-style muesli has milk powder added to it, which increases the calcium content of this healthy breakfast cereal. Add calcium-enriched soya milk or semi-skimmed milk and you have a bone-friendly breakfast!
Healthy breakfast 8: Pure fruit juice and iron-fortified breakfast cereal

Next time you are in the cereal aisle at the supermarket, spare a few minutes to check out the labelling on the packets. Not all cereals are equal when it comes to the vitamins and minerals that are added to them. Iron is a mineral that is added to many healthy cereals such as sultana bran or bran flakes. Also drink a glass of pure fruit juice such as orange or grapefruit as the vitamin C that the juice contains helps your body to absorb the iron more easily.
Healthy breakfast 9: Smoothie

If you really can’t face breakfast try to have a smoothie instead. If you fancy trying to make one yourself (easy if you have a hand blender) then fruits such as berries, apples and bananas are great with some milk. All those antioxidant vitamins in the fruit help boost your immunity and make for a great healthy breakfast.
Healthy breakfast 10: Scrambled or poached egg on Granary toast

Eggs are not bad for us! It is what you do with them that can make them bad. Poaching or scrambling eggs with a little milk is a good way to incorporate them into your diet — they provide valuable protein. Scrambled eggs on toast is a much better healthy breakfast choice over a fried egg sandwich.

http://www.realbuzz.com/articles/top-10-healthy-breakfast-options-gb-en/

Wow, I was on my way to eat an ABF (Aussie Breakfast), but might change my route and go look for crumpets along the beach!

Whopper,

We do American style potato homefries (with onions and green bell peppers) which come with our 3 egg breakfast, our omelet breakfast, and with the breakfast burritos large breakfast. We also have home fries as a side order for those that want them with their smaller egg breakfasts, their pancakes, or waffles, etc. We don't do them with our English breakfast, but as said, you can order them as a side dish extra if wanted. I myself like them on occasion when I am very hungry and want to fill up for the day, but not usually, as they are heavy and I normally like a lighter breakfast myself. The choices are there though if wanted.

Mike

Last edited:
might be kind of off... but i heard from a friend Starbeam was doing a spread for thanksgiving?! Is this true? if so, when, what time? would anyone mind giving me a lift? I have no transportation!
Jessica

Last edited:
There was plenty, Jessica. Didn't see this post until much later at night... too busy to be online, and after we just enjoyed the company and foods and drinks. There will be a Xmas dinner on Xmas afternoon/evening as well with turkey and ham and all the trimmings.

Mike

Back