**** sucking scamming Khmer Immigration

Hope Danny Boy looks in on this and gives us some feed back on his trip to Siem Reap with his family. The 20K baht that ATB was concerned about was a non entity at Chong Chom. At most crossing you see a notice of that requirement at Chong Chom I saw no notice.

And you only can do the visa run, in and out on the same day, twice at year. The third time you have to stay at least 1 day in Cambodia. That's what they told me on the khmer side.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
They never told me this in Osmach ( Chong Chom ) all the years I had to pay 300 Baht extra without any bill. Chong Sam nam is a bit different but the last time friends been there it was 1300 Baht and PLUS the 300 Baht. For me this was the reason a ccouple of months agon to made the trip to Chock Meck Border Laos. Great trip from Sisaket. Minivan Sisaket - Ubon and Minivan Ubon Lao Border Travelcost around 300 Bath ( return ) 1200 Baht Visum for Lao. No extra charge. Left Sisaket 6 am back 3.45 pm.

They never told me this in Osmach ( Chong Chom ) all the years I had to pay 300 Baht extra without any bill. Chong Sam nam is a bit different but the last time friends been there it was 1300 Baht and PLUS the 300 Baht. For me this was the reason a ccouple of months agon to made the trip to Chock Meck Border Laos. Great trip from Sisaket. Minivan Sisaket - Ubon and Minivan Ubon Lao Border Travelcost around 300 Bath ( return ) 1200 Baht Visum for Lao. No extra charge. Left Sisaket 6 am back 3.45 pm.

bartomeer is only passing on info from the Cambodia side of the crossing. I take this info as someones opinion on that side and not fact. ;) The Choeng Chom crossing under Surin Imigration have had in place of only two in-outs for a 30 day visa exempt since 2014. There are only two crossings that have taken the two in-out a step further and are targeting the O-Multy. Padang Baser on the Malaysian border and Poipet. IMHO I take this as a rumor and I do not see the Khmer giving up their **** sucking scam at Choeng Chom.:eek: Saying this you never know.:rolleyes:

bartomeer is only passing on info from the Cambodia side of the crossing. I take this info as someones opinion on that side and not fact. ;) The Choeng Chom crossing under Surin Imigration have had in place of only two in-outs for a 30 day visa exempt since 2014. There are only two crossings that have taken the two in-out a step further and are targeting the O-Multy. Padang Baser on the Malaysian border and Poipet. IMHO I take this as a rumor and I do not see the Khmer giving up their **** sucking scam at Choeng Chom.:eek: Saying this you never know.:rolleyes:

AND another point.. The Cambodia tourist visa has NO amount imprinted or written on it.;) It is a hand operation at this window, 3 **** bags involved 1500 baht. The window next to to it is where you apply and get fork out of another 300 baht for departing and they do take a photos of you, 1 **** bag at this window. Now you go back across the road and get stampped out of SCAMLAND. At this window they have state of the art equipment, computers,cameras AND finger print machine. Thai side ain't got shit.:rolleyes:

When I went to Cambodia last month via Chong Chom, they demanded 1,500baht for the visa. I refused, told them that when I came with a group on a regular basis we always paid $35 ($5 over the odds) and that was what I intended paying on this occasion. We argued for around 10 mins, before they finally gave way.

When I went to Cambodia last month via Chong Chom, they demanded 1,500baht for the visa. I refused, told them that when I came with a group on a regular basis we always paid $35 ($5 over the odds) and that was what I intended paying on this occasion. We argued for around 10 mins, before they finally gave way.

Nick. Do you or anyone else for that matter know of a Cambodian Law that require a foreigner to stay overnight in Cambodia before exiting.o_O I am not looking for rumors or commercial links.:p:D

Nick. Do you or anyone else for that matter know of a Cambodian Law that require a foreigner to stay overnight in Cambodia before exiting.o_O I am not looking for rumors or commercial links.:p:D

I am not aware of any other country during my travels where staying overnight is a requirement of entry/exit.

From Vietnam Airlines flights to Siem Reap

Warning:

- Visitors are not permitted to make day trips (i.e., arriving

and departing on the same day) to Cambodia.

- Except for holders of government duty passports.

- Except when arriving and departing in Phnom Penh (PNH).

These are all commercial sites which I did not want. Can you give any info from the Cambodian government.;):rolleyes:

Cambodia e-Visas are valid for the same terms as tourist visas - thirty days' maximum stay or 24 hours' minimum stay, valid for 90 days from date of issue. E-Visa holders can enter through the following points of entry:

• Both Cambodia international airports - Phnom Penh International Airport and Siem Reap International Airport

• Two Thailand border crossings: Cham Yeam (Koh Kong) and Poi Pet

• One Vietnam border crossing: Bavet (Svay Rieng)
Air travelers in particular enjoy extra convenience if they use e-Visas to enter Cambodia, thanks to a dedicated immigration counter for e-Visa holders in both Phnom Penh and Siem Reap airports.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/reasons-to-get-a-cambodia-e-visa-1629147

Cambodia e-Visas are valid for the same terms as tourist visas - thirty days' maximum stay or 24 hours' minimum stay, valid for 90 days from date of issue. E-Visa holders can enter through the following points of entry:

• Both Cambodia international airports - Phnom Penh International Airport and Siem Reap International Airport

• Two Thailand border crossings: Cham Yeam (Koh Kong) and Poi Pet

• One Vietnam border crossing: Bavet (Svay Rieng)
Air travelers in particular enjoy extra convenience if they use e-Visas to enter Cambodia, thanks to a dedicated immigration counter for e-Visa holders in both Phnom Penh and Siem Reap airports.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/reasons-to-get-a-cambodia-e-visa-1629147

Again. This is a commercial site. Which I do not want . Any info from the Cambodia government.;):rolleyes:

Commercial sites are notorious for given out wrong, misleading and rumorous information. Just saying.:p:D:D:D

Back