Surin Immigration (Kap Chong).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not apply around 30 days in advance?

I always try to leave as much time as possible before the expiry date in case of hiccoughs.
My source was told to come back on September 28. His expires on the 30th.

Do you not apply around 30 days in advance?

I always try to leave as much time as possible before the expiry date in case of hiccoughs.
I can only apply when the Uni provides a new contract and associated papers for 1) Immigration Office & 2) Labour Office. Stupidly they (uni) have a rule not to prepare the papers more than 7 days before expiry of existing contract and yes, it does piss me off.

GL your post from 16 mins ago- I have always believed you should never leave your "Annual Extension"until the last few days.Maybe if you do,maybe you ll be OK but if the IO s
start causing problems you are in a difficult position & then you maybe start to have overstay probs with all the associated costs.

GL your post from 16 mins ago- I have always believed you should never leave your "Annual Extension"until the last few days.Maybe if you do,maybe you ll be OK but if the IO s
start causing problems you are in a difficult position & then you maybe start to have overstay probs with all the associated costs.
He has submitted his application to KC with 5000 bath and was told to come back on the 28 by the Captain in that office.

Is @gotlost saying, even if you have all the correct paperwork prepared, and meet all the conditions for an extension, i.e., financial, you still have to pay 5,000 or 10,000 baht to get the extension to stay in Thailand stamp in your passport, depending on which Immigration office you use? If that is what he is saying, that is blatant corruption and should be reported to a higher authority. If that was tried on me, I would say I had no money and would return at a later date. The next time around I would go armed with a hidden recording device to capture the demand on tape (so to speak). I am not due to renew my extension until the end of the year, although it is within the regulations to do so up to 45 days beforehand.

He has submitted his application to KC with 5000 bath and was told to come back on the 28 by the Captain in that office.

There is definitely something fishy here. In over 20 years I have only once been required to "come back" and that was 30 days later during the "house visits for retired applicants" phase (which lasted less that 12 months).

Is @gotlost The next time around I would go armed with a hidden recording device to capture the demand on tape (so to speak).
Whats this hidden recording device. Don't you have a mobile phone. If you do, why do you have to hide it. You must be living in some kind of spy thriller fiction novel.
Bye the way .What the hell is this OP about? Don't answer. I will see where it ends. Most probably its all about brown envelope shite and nothing else.

Is @gotlost saying, even if you have all the correct paperwork prepared, and meet all the conditions for an extension, i.e., financial, you still have to pay 5,000 or 10,000 baht to get the extension to stay in Thailand stamp in your passport, depending on which Immigration office you use? If that is what he is saying, that is blatant corruption and should be reported to a higher authority. If that was tried on me, I would say I had no money and would return at a later date. The next time around I would go armed with a hidden recording device to capture the demand on tape (so to speak). I am not due to renew my extension until the end of the year, although it is within the regulations to do so up to 45 days beforehand.
I and I am sure other forum members would like to have some further clarification on what happening in the immigration officers in Surin city and Kap Choeng.

If they're targeting ex-pats living in Surin, maybe a petition needs to be sent to the powers to be to straighten things out to abide by the guidelines set for a visa one year temporary stay extension on different categories of visas.

I did my one year temporary stay extension O Visa, six weeks to the day in Surin City office.
They counted the days from my last extension ( looked at me kind of funny ) proceeded to do the paperwork and stamp my extension in my passport. My extension was due middle of December last year, I went in on1 November 2021.

This is after being told a lady in Kap Choeng to wait until the extension was just about due !

Last edited:
It was seasoned correctly.

Possibly he was late applying for the extension...
or possibly he is being penalized to be allowed to make a visa in Surin (based on where his last visa was provided).

Seriously GL, there is more to this story ...unless he lipped off.

So what's up ?

This is after being told a lady in Kap Choeng to wait until the extension was just about due !
I've never seen the point in leaving it until the last minute, it's not as though you lose days by doing it early.

I remember filipino Rik always left it until the last day and if that was a weekend or a holiday he would ask the IO before hand (or his wife would) if it was OK to apply late. Maybe it was a financial thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back