Surin Immigration will be opening on Saturday mornings (0900-1200) starting on June 16th.

It was a joke anyway.

Speaking of joke..;;bad simle;;

The Joke's on you as Surachate takes over immigration promising "No Tip" department

Picture: Thai Rath

Thailand's famous crime buster "Big Joke" has been welcomed to his new job - as head of immigration.

And he started off with some tough words promising action against unscrupulous visa agents and even perhaps his own new department.

He is determined to stamp out back-handers and Thai Rath said that "No Tip" signs would be going up at immigration centers.

Today the outgoing chief Lt Gen Suthipong Wongpin formally welcomed Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpan to his new position.

Flowers were handed to both men in a "sacred" ceremony.

Surachate praised the work of Suthipong promising to take up from where he left off.

But he pledged a tightening up of procedures and a drive to 4.0 meaning a more modern department.

He also said he would create 1,000 new jobs in immigration to improve efficiency.

Top of his "to do" list are agents who rip people off for visas. And he is determined to create an honest transparency in immigration affairs with his "No Tip" signs.

(Thai Rath in fact said NO TRIP in English in their article but we think we know what they meant, notes Thaivisa).

Thai Rath also called Surachate "THE Joke" though it was not clear if this meant there was a departure form his familiar moniker that he has come to be known by - Big Joke.

Source: Thai Rath

Saturday morning staffing would not be much use for extensions of stay as the main bank branches are closed on Saturdays. I don't know about other banks but Kasikorn sub branches do not provide account confirmation letters and even if they did, their late opening times would make it a bit tight obtaining the letter and thereafter making it to SI before midday.

Yorky, I get my letter from Kasikorn at Robinson, being getting it there for 3 years, the first attempt was painful as they didn't seem to know about it but once they worked it out they gave me one. From then on it has been smooth sailing, apparently they have a template that they use and they got it from your Branch in the City......I think.
The letter they give me is very short and it only states that I have over 800,000 in my account according to my wife so, I am not sure it is right but it seems to work at SI.

Look on the bright side, I suppose if they aren’t opening they cannot use that day for overstay for anything???
Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yorky, I get my letter from Kasikorn at Robinson, being getting it there for 3 years, the first attempt was painful as they didn't seem to know about it but once they worked it out they gave me one. From then on it has been smooth sailing, apparently they have a template that they use and they got it from your Branch in the City......I think.
The letter they give me is very short and it only states that I have over 800,000 in my account according to my wife so, I am not sure it is right but it seems to work at SI.

The problem is (was) that the branch doesn't open until 10:00 (I think) so you are unlikely to be able to get to SI until after 11:00 thereby giving very little time to process your extension before midday closing. Anyway, it's irrelevant now as they have ceased processing on Saturdays.

However, I shall try to obtain the letter from the Robinson's branch next year. Last time I asked they said they could do it but would need to send the letter to Surin for signature. That was over a year ago , maybe two, though.

The problem is (was) that the branch doesn't open until 10:00 (I think) so you are unlikely to be able to get to SI until after 11:00 thereby giving very little time to process your extension before midday closing. Anyway, it's irrelevant now as they have ceased processing on Saturdays.

However, I shall try to obtain the letter from the Robinson's branch next year. Last time I asked they said they could do it but would need to send the letter to Surin for signature. That was over a year ago , maybe two, though.

SI requires that your bank letter is issued by your bank the same day you apply for an extension at SI.

Back