Surin where to stay

Hard to believe 2,200 other than at high season (such as the Elephant Roundup).

True bill, i asked only last monday night , i was quoted that price at the check in desk.

We stayed at the Thong Tarin that night 1000.Baht inc breakie.

Sekhor will probably have places to stay too, if you are interested. Please remember mid april is the crazy (& sometimes dangerous) Songkran water festival around here. Be prepared to get wet!!!

Songkran will be Over my April 22nd? in Surin
dangerous alright seen, many a old man go down in Pattaya one split is head open really bad not know if he lived

Be in Surin starting the 19th of March....Is the Orchid hotel still in good shape its been 10 months since i last stayed there.....anybody?????:cool::cool:

I hear that Pol Pot used to prefer Thong Tarin and booked out a complete floor for 'entertaining' UN personnel MonkeyFight

I would check that price out, i was there the other day and the daily room rate quoted was 2.200 baht per night .

Just stayed 5 nights at Majestic @ 1200/ night incl. breakfast. Booked a standard room, got a room at the corner (which has a bigger balcony and at least appears to be just a bit larger).

i noticed that the "breakfast without coupon" was now 180 baht (was 150), room now 1200 (before 1000), so overall 20% up. Still nice hotel, my favorite in Surin

Be in Surin starting the 19th of March....Is the Orchid hotel still in good shape its been 10 months since i last stayed there.....anybody?????:cool::cool:

Good to see you the other day, Mike. Enjoy the sunshine while you thaw out from the Canadian tundra. See you around.

Mike

For my (our) upcoming trip to Surin, we've booked a room at the Majestic Hotel (@busstation).

We're told the room rate is 1200 baht (standard room). Last september the rate was 1000 baht, which was already an increase, since it the room rate was 900 baht before that (and 800 baht when it opened in 2007/ 2008?). Ofcourse I'm aware price go up from time to time, but this one seems a bit too much..

Although the Majestic is a reasonable hotel and one of the best (if not the best) in Surin, I still think 1200 baht is too much. Breakfast is ok, but just that and the recent raise of the minimum wage can't account solely for the price increase.

I'm sure we will enjoy our stay there, but might conside one of the Majestics'closeby and just try to sneak in the pool of the Majestic (busstation) :rolleyes:

As far as I know the Majestic is the best in Surin, and the 200 Baht a night price increase was due to the minimum wage increase effective Jan. 2013.
Barry

As far as I know the Majestic is the best in Surin, and the 200 Baht a night price increase was due to the minimum wage increase effective Jan. 2013.
Barry

The Majestic Twin -at the end of Soi Kola - is fine for a night or 2. 500baht, no breakfast or swimming pool, but up till 9am they provide free coffee and a cake!

The apartments opposite Corner Coffee look fine too at around 500bt.

The Majestic Twin -at the end of Soi Kola - is fine for a night or 2. 500baht, no breakfast or swimming pool, but up till 9am they provide free coffee and a cake!

The apartments opposite Corner Coffee look fine too at around 500bt.
If you stay in either Majestic Hotel/ Twin or Apartments, you can use the pool at the Hotel BTW!

Back