Tam Tam now open /Pizza thread.

Then I think you need to go to Australia and get great pizzas .
Thin crust is like paper, but up to you .
I still think Pizza Company in surin is Number one for me .
I have been exposed to lots of pizzas you are very wrong to think that .
As I said that’s is what I think , up to me and up to you .
Correct me if I'm wrong.
But pizza company don't exist in Italy because there not exeptable . (They are for country's that don't know what a real pizza is ).
The bread is doughy and the sauce tastes like spaghetti sauce from a tin very acidic, and to top that they taste sweet .
Most people like what they grew up with and this blinkers them from change .

Tam Tam Pizza is very good I took my German friend there who's run pizza places in Kho Sumui for years , he was taught from a great Italian chef and he gave it 10 out of 10 .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

With a dearth of real pizzas, people have grown accustomed to what is available...ie Pizza Hut and Pizza Co. Give them the real thing and they dislike it. Much the same as British India Curries (where are you Rik? start cooking again please :)) They are what we Brits grew up with, but are totally different to real Indian food available in India, which I suspect many farang would dislike.
I've just spent 4 days in Sri Lanka eating None British real Indian style currys are they were amazing .

Most of the restaurants here have their slow and busy hours. If you come during the slow hours you'll think the place is dead and can't possibly survive. But that is a false assumption.

Same goes for certain weeks and months. After any major holiday or holy day/weekend whatever here it slows down dramatically. Like Song Kran, the Elephant week, New Year's, certain other holidays - it gets very slow, as the Thais have saved (one reason it slows down before most holidays as well) their cash to spend on the holiday period. And have little cash to spend after the holiday period. If your business acumen does not take these slow times into consideration you can find you have little cash to pay your bills and staff. My suggestion is to be aware of this and set some aside for these slow periods. If you noticed it was very slow just about everywhere the first few days after the Elephant Festival. It also slows down the week before the monthly pay is paid out, and you'll have many more customers the first week after pay day here. It is very cyclical here. It pays to take that into consideration and deal with it accordingly.

Newbies first starting a business here should take heed. I'm not just spouting off here. Comes from years of experience.

Other things I would advise is to make your business more Thai friendly with good Thai food available. Thais also like to eat with family, kids and grannies. They will NOT patronize a place filled with F-bomb spouting loud obnoxious lager louts. For 'bar rooms' that is fine, to a point at least, but not for a restaurant, especially a restaurant where you want Thais as well as farangs coming in to eat (they do/can make up the majority of your customer base). Thais can make up 80% of your trade if they are made to feel comfortable. Many places here need to decide if they are a bar for farangs, or a restaurant. It is very unusual to have both in the same venue. Just some thoughts on this.

YMMV.
Some very good points Mike I agree.

Tam Tam Pizza has a lot of Thai costumers maybe more than Farang.

A lot of Farang won't spend on going out for a nice meal due to ether th economy , or they are Kinio ( to tight to spend ).

Correct me if I'm wrong.
But pizza company don't exist in Italy because there not exeptable . (They are for country's that don't know what a real pizza is ).
The bread is doughy and the sauce tastes like spaghetti sauce from a tin very acidic, and to top that they taste sweet .

Tam Tam Pizza is very good I took my German friend there who's run pizza places in Kho Sumui for years , he was taught from a great Italian chef and he gave it 10 out of 10 .

Ok up to him , if he gives them 10/10
I give them 0/10 .
I am saying the pizza company for me in surin are ok .

Did not say it was a great pizza , just saying for a place like surin , It’s ok .
I have eaten lots of pizzas back home and some are not so good and some are great, but here in surin you not have much of a choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I fully agree with you in both: TamTam and Pizza Company!

Indian restraunts mate north and south

Like this
3610f63000176d7c621f68cdf11d043b.jpg

Looks like Ceylon style curry to me...

Little India used to make a Ceylon curry.

Extensive use of coconut/coconut milk I hear.
Must be like my Best Surin-Indian Curries then. I just love to use coconut milk or cream in my Indian curries. In fact, I get told off by my girls if I do not use coconut milk. Time to rename them as Best Surin-Ceylon Curries or BSCC for short.

Back