Teacher demands sex for grades.

I guess he is no different than Rolfe Harris and the rest of the sexual predators around the world. Nothing to do with Thainess.

Read it properly..it's not a kindergarten, but a university. By me saying it's part of "Thainess", you tell me it's not acceptable in Thailand, more than any other country, that you can buy, bribe or sell you morals for what you want as an easy alternative to hard work.
I also understand that you will, no matter your response, will get a great big 'Thank You" from the Budgie.
Do you also know that most Western countries, now look very closely at Thai students achievements before allowing them to enrol in further studies in those countries offering better courses. They know that many degrees or diplomas have been been bought some way other than hard work.

There are other countries just the same. When I was working in Saudi Arabia I was asked, as in ordered, by my Saudi boss to write a thesis for a master's degree. A year later I was asked to do another. Don't know who they were for but I understand the two students got their degrees. I must be the only guy with 2 Master's degrees without a certificate to prove it.

Crazy1 but true.

Read it properly..it's not a kindergarten, but a university. By me saying it's part of "Thainess", you tell me it's not acceptable in Thailand, more than any other country, that you can buy, bribe or sell you morals for what you want as an easy alternative to hard work.
I also understand that you will, no matter your response, will get a great big 'Thank You" from the Budgie.
Do you also know that most Western countries, now look very closely at Thai students achievements before allowing them to enrol in further studies in those countries offering better courses. They know that many degrees or diplomas have been been bought some way other than hard work.

Trying to get a rise out of me, Kookie?

There are two parts to this thread. The first is the question of a teacher at a university having sex with a student. This happens all over the world, with promises attached (which the teacher may or may not be able to fulfil) or just with a vague promise of help. In this Deerculler is right; it is nothing specially Thai.

You, Kookie, raised the question of whether the teacher would be able to deliver on his promises, and in this Thailand comes out badly. Here I agree with you.... and I dare say I actually know more about this than anyone else on the forum; I have taught for some years at one of Thailand's top universities, and had a lot of contacts with other universities as well as with 40-50 secondary schools in the North. There is no secure system for grading; often the individual teacher can see that his students get good (or bad) grades, or the Head of Department can change the grades without good reason. The potential for corruption of whatever sort is obvious.

(looking on the lighter side)

Sadly years ago a forlorn academic student walked into the professors office and requested that the professor change the student's grade from Fail to Pass.

The professor explained that this particular students mastery of the subject at hand was nil , the student had failed every exam and was not in attendance at classes for the majority of the semester.

The student drearily pleaded, "Please change my grade to Pass. Please."

Angered by the students lack of comprehension the professor exclaimed, "If you ever dream to think that your grade is ever going to be changed you might as well go sing songs and suck dicks ! Now be on your way !"

The student cries out, "Thank you for your renewed consideration, professor."

...and that my friends is how the grading system changed forever. Bump1

^^^ ...from one university and hired by another ?

Pray tell, provide the whole story, Ivor.

Back