That time again

Is that for your extension, or 90 day report.

A friend recently used an agent to do his extension; he had money in the bank but wanted to get it 'renewed' outside the 30 day rule at Jomtien. He was happy to pay 8,000 Baht.

I also enquired about doing mine 3 months early (because of travel dates). Unfortunately, they don't offer the monthly income option and I am inside the 2 months before application period, where you need to have 800k. They would have done it for 12,500 Baht.

@CO-CO

There is another option about 2 hour drive from Surin, 1/2 hour turnaround but priced at 17,000 baht. No financial documentation is necessary but personal appearance is required and applicants are treated most cordially.

A number of forum members can attest to the speed and courtesy of the service provided.

Last edited:
@CO-CO

There is another option about 2 hour drive from Surin, 1/2 hour turnaround but priced at 17,000 baht. No financial documentation is necessary but personal appearance is required and applicants are treated most cordially.

A number of forum members can attest to the speed and courtesy of the service provided.

Expensive compared to Pattaya..... Horses for courses.

Expensive compared to Pattaya..... Horses for courses.

That was the price last year when the same service from an agent cost 17,000. I imagine prices fluctuate and perhaps the local provider needs to be updated on the competitions price.
I have a 90 day report to do this week, I will bring them up to date.

A friend recently used an agent to do his extension; he had money in the bank but wanted to get it 'renewed' outside the 30 day rule at Jomtien. He was happy to pay 8,000 Baht.

I also enquired about doing mine 3 months early (because of travel dates). Unfortunately, they don't offer the monthly income option and I am inside the 2 months before application period, where you need to have 800k. They would have done it for 12,500 Baht.
I enquired through an agent basically to save the headf*ck of cueing for a number for hours but, i'll be stuffed if i'm going to fork out ฿20,000 for that.
As far as all my ducks in a row, I am 100% compliant, it will be an early rise on Thursday.

I use a 1 year MULTIPLE entry visa. Step out whenever you'd like and upon entry the 90 day starts again anew. If you pop out over the border before the 1 year is over you get another 90 days as well, so a good option. Haven't had a SINGLE entry visa in many years. It is worth the extra money IMHO. I guess if you rarely need to leave the country it is good, but emergencies or travel wanted once in a while makes a multiple a good deal and time saver as well.

From Thai Visa Service

We need Thai Bank saving book but no balance is required for this year.
(The fee for holding non immigrant OA based is different.)

A year retirement visa
- If you have Kasikorn bank book, it is 14,000 THB
- If you have other Thai Bank saving book, it is 16,000 THB
- UOB, CIMB, Citibank banks are NOT acceptable
Please kindly update you bank book.

There is no re-entry permit included.
The re-entry permit is very important if you have plan to travel out of Thailand and come back without your visa becoming void.
- Multiple re-entry is 4,000 THB
- Single re-entry is 1,200 THB

Requirements:
- Passport
- Last 90 days report (Not expired)
- Actual Thai bank saving book bank under your own name (Activating and updating account)
- 4 Passport photos (3 x 4 cm)
- 2 digital photos of your half body in 2 different outfits (No glasses and mask on)

The process will take around 1 - 2 weeks.

You need to pay 90 days report fine which is 2,000 THB if your 90 days report is overdue; otherwise, we cannot submit your visa application

I use a 1 year MULTIPLE entry visa. Step out whenever you'd like and upon entry the 90 day starts again anew. If you pop out over the border before the 1 year is over you get another 90 days as well, so a good option. Haven't had a SINGLE entry visa in many years. It is worth the extra money IMHO. I guess if you rarely need to leave the country it is good, but emergencies or travel wanted once in a while makes a multiple a good deal and time saver as well.

Do you obtain your multi-entry from Laos?

I have had them from Singapore and Manila in the past - long distant past.

Also had one from Brisbane but that's a different story.

I enquired through an agent basically to save the headf*ck of cueing for a number for hours but, i'll be stuffed if i'm going to fork out ฿20,000 for that.
As far as all my ducks in a row, I am 100% compliant, it will be an early rise on Thursday.
8,000 Baht is what it would cost you.

I can't get a multiple entry visa.

Until I stop working, It doesn't affect me. I will then go down the legal route.

In my opinion the legal route is the way to go. OK, it's a bit of a chore collecting all the paperwork to ensure that all the ducks are in a row and, of course, there could be an additional duck of which you are unaware as the IO only dreamt it up the night before.

Should there be a crackdown (as you intimated earlier) I have no idea what the consequences to the expat may be. Fine? Jail? Deportation? In my opinion it is better to be safe.

In my opinion the legal route is the way to go. OK, it's a bit of a chore collecting all the paperwork to ensure that all the ducks are in a row and, of course, there could be an additional duck of which you are unaware as the IO only dreamt it up the night before.

Should there be a crackdown (as you intimated earlier) I have no idea what the consequences to the expat may be. Fine? Jail? Deportation? In my opinion it is better to be safe.
Luckily SSK are not as unfriendly as Surin IO.

Having seen the dopey Irish kid being deported from SSK a few months ago, I wouldn't think they would be any kinder, to someone who has got an illegal visa from a corrupt IO/agent.

Back