The Christmas Day Lunch 2012 Thread

S

SANGKA

th

th

th

So What's on offer this year , to us locals.

Local Business Only, post your Menu's here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure there will be some mouth-watering offerings.

Don't forget the option Xmas in Siem Reap for those who want to try something completely different.

I am sure there will be some mouth-watering offerings.

Don't forget the option Xmas in Siem Reap for those who want to try something completely different.

There are diffidently some mouth-watering offerings in Siem Reap.:cool:

There are diffidently some mouth-watering offerings in Siem Reap.:cool:

We will see. Xmas is very close as a meal in the states to our Thanksgiving meal. But I hope to offer some good ham and beef to it as a yank offering. Even some British stuff as well. So turkey, beef, ham, as well.

Mike

Last edited:
Albert,

Yes. I put up the ad for it in the Starbeam forum here. http://www.surinfarang.com/vbulleti...Thursday-November-22nd-at-Starbeam-Restaurant

Same as last year, but with an added course of soup and salad, and some extras as well.

Mike

p.s. We will also do a Xmas dinner of roast turkey, baked ham, and maybe a roast beef as well for choice.
Thanks for the redirect, the menu looks super. I will find out later if my friends from Holland want to attend and then I can complete RSVP

Are there any Xmas Dinners being served in any other restaurants in the Surin area??
(Farang Connection/Ryans/Staffords/Harleys/108/Norbies)
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

If there are, then apart from Ryans, they have not gone out of their way to promote.

There are still some places available on the Siem Reap Christmas trip for those less than enamoured by the currrent offerings.

If there are, then apart from Ryans, they have not gone out of their way to promote.

There are still some places available on the Siem Reap Christmas trip for those less than enamoured by the currrent offerings.

AS the S\F get - together is postponed Christmas and new years dinner is a good place to meet other members :wink:

Farang Connection have posters up advertising. Starbeam will next week I believe.

Starbeam's is having a Xmas dinner on the 25th December (a Tuesday). Starts at 4 p.m. 650 baht per person pre-paid reserved tix/seats only (no walk-ins). We can seat up to 48 people inside. The menu is very close to our traditional Thanksgiving day meal, but will include baked ham and roast beef as well as roast turkey. Hope to have brussel sprouts with the veggies available, and a couple other more typical Xmas British fare with the meal. I'll be posting this today in our Starbeam forum as well with contact info.

Mike

Here's a link to the Xmas dinner menu thread and info: http://www.surinfarang.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?11337-Starbeam-s-Xmas-Dinner&p=85533#post85533

Last edited:

Wishing all our customers a great Xmas for your attention I have posted the Christmas Day Menu. The day as always will have lots of things happening music, raffle, kiddies activities etc...

The numbers however will be reduced from last year (122) as far too many and I wish to enjoy the day also. This year it will be on a first come first served basis with the number being fixed to 50 persons there will be no admittance to outside customers on the day who have not purchased a ticket.
Tickets can be purchased from the resort from the 1st of December. On the 26th of December we will also be having a gathering details to be posted later. Thanks and Happy Christmas from all at Ryan's

Christmas Day Set Menu
Starters
Chicken liver Paté with pork & mixed herbs.
Or
Prawn Cocktail served on Iceberg Lettuce & Marie Rose sauce.

Main Courses
Roast Turkey hand carved served with mashed & roast potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots, cauliflower cheese,
bacon & chipolata wraps
sage & onion stuffing & giblet gravy.
or
Thai Style Buffet consisting of Tom Kha Gai,
Tom Yam Kung, Steamed Fish with lemon & chili,
Fried Fish with Chili,
Thai Green Curry, Spicy Noodle Salad,
Stir fried Prawns & Cashew Nuts, Rice Dishes

Christmas Pudding & Desserts

Traditional rich fruit pudding served with a Brandy Sauce
Apple Pie & Ice Cream or Custard
Christmas Lunch is served between 2.30-4.30pm
( Booking Only)

Price per person is 1000B (English Food)
& 500B (Thai Food)
All draught beer, local wines & Soft Drinks free
between 1.30-5.00pm.Under 12’s - 250B (Under 5’s Free)

For Info contact 0843200279

Wishing all our customers a great Xmas for your attention I have posted the Christmas Day Menu. The day as always will have lots of things happening music, raffle, kiddies activities etc...
The numbers however will be reduced from last year (122) as far too many and I wish to enjoy the day also. This year it will be on a first come first served basis with the number being fixed to 50 persons there will be no admittance to outside customers on the day who have not purchased a ticket.
Tickets can be purchased from the resort from the 1st of December. On the 26th of December we will also be having a gathering details to be posted later. Thanks and Happy Christmas from all at Ryan's

Christmas Day Set Menu

Starters

Chicken liver Paté with pork & mixed herbs.

Or

Prawn Cocktail served on Iceberg Lettuce & Marie Rose sauce.

Main Courses

Roast Turkey hand carved served with mashed & roast potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots, cauliflower cheese,

bacon & chipolata wraps

sage & onion stuffing & giblet gravy.

or

Thai Style Buffet consisting of Tom Kha Gai,

Tom Yam Kung, Steamed Fish with lemon & chili,
Fried Fish with Chili,

Thai Green Curry, Spicy Noodle Salad,

Stir fried Prawns & Cashew Nuts, Rice Dishes

Christmas Pudding & Desserts

Traditional rich fruit pudding served with a Brandy Sauce

Apple Pie & Ice Cream or Custard

Christmas Lunch is served between 2.30-4.30pm

( Booking Only)

Price per person is 1000B (English Food)

& 500B (Thai Food)

All draught beer, local wines & Soft Drinks free

between 1.30-5.00pm.Under 12’s - 250B (Under 5’s Free)

For Info contact 0843200279
I wish you all the most wonderful holiday and Christmas feast & fun. I would love to join you, but had already made other committments. Your menu looks fabulous and most enjoyable. I know this will easily exceed your already exceptionally high standards.
Merry Christmas

Back