UK Pensions

Where are the signatures of the other 497,000 retirees affected by this gross injustice applied by rich politicians in their ivory towers?

Sign the petition now if you are eligible. It is YOUR money they're withholding from you.

Five hundred thousand pensioners, onward through the years they ride, Into the fray of fiscal battles, where justice and fairness subside. Theirs is not to reason why, theirs is but to endure, In the realm of frozen pensions, where echoes of neglect obscure.

Into the valley of stillness, where the pound refuses to soar, Five hundred thousand retirees, their pleas forevermore. From foreign shores to distant climes, they bear the pensioner's plight, A silent charge of voices, seeking justice's radiant light.

"Forward, the Pension Brigade! Charge for the fair increase!" they cry, Through pension freezes and neglect, beneath the foreign sky. Boldly they ventured, hearts ablaze with the warmth of yesteryear, Yet, on distant horizons, justice remains unclear.

Their coffers may dwindle, their spirits may tire, Yet, through the shadows, they ride, fueled by a relentless fire. No trumpet sounds their battle hymn, no laurels grace their fight, Five hundred thousand pensioners, a legion in the night.

Cobwebbed in bureaucracy, their pleas echo in the breeze, A charge against indifference, a quest for a fair ease. Into the chasm of fiscal scorn, they press against the tide, Five hundred thousand voices, in a silent charge, abide.

"Forward, the Pension Brigade! For equity and more!" Yet, the echoes of neglect persist, on a foreign shore. Through valleys of indifference, where fiscal storms collide, Five hundred thousand pensioners, in their charge, confide.

Theirs is a silent struggle, where the pound's ascent is stilled, A charge for pension justice, through valleys left unfilled. In unity, they ride forth, a brigade of timeless might, Five hundred thousand pensioners, in the charge for what is right.

Five hundred thousand pensioners, onward through the years they ride, Into the fray of fiscal battles, where justice and fairness subside. Theirs is not to reason why, theirs is but to endure, In the realm of frozen pensions, where echoes of neglect obscure.

Into the valley of stillness, where the pound refuses to soar, Five hundred thousand retirees, their pleas forevermore. From foreign shores to distant climes, they bear the pensioner's plight, A silent charge of voices, seeking justice's radiant light.

"Forward, the Pension Brigade! Charge for the fair increase!" they cry, Through pension freezes and neglect, beneath the foreign sky. Boldly they ventured, hearts ablaze with the warmth of yesteryear, Yet, on distant horizons, justice remains unclear.

Their coffers may dwindle, their spirits may tire, Yet, through the shadows, they ride, fueled by a relentless fire. No trumpet sounds their battle hymn, no laurels grace their fight, Five hundred thousand pensioners, a legion in the night.

Cobwebbed in bureaucracy, their pleas echo in the breeze, A charge against indifference, a quest for a fair ease. Into the chasm of fiscal scorn, they press against the tide, Five hundred thousand voices, in a silent charge, abide.

"Forward, the Pension Brigade! For equity and more!" Yet, the echoes of neglect persist, on a foreign shore. Through valleys of indifference, where fiscal storms collide, Five hundred thousand pensioners, in their charge, confide.

Theirs is a silent struggle, where the pound's ascent is stilled, A charge for pension justice, through valleys left unfilled. In unity, they ride forth, a brigade of timeless might, Five hundred thousand pensioners, in the charge for what is right.
Brilliant!

“However, we’re seeking to take these powers now to give the government freedom and the ability to tackle fraud where it does arise and there is a very small amount of fraud and error now that arises in relation to the State Pension.”

I think they might be somewhat surprised to establish that the fraud was somewhat larger than they imagined.

How looking at bank accounts will establish facts, I do not know.

“However, we’re seeking to take these powers now to give the government freedom and the ability to tackle fraud where it does arise and there is a very small amount of fraud and error now that arises in relation to the State Pension.”

I think they might be somewhat surprised to establish that the fraud was somewhat larger than they imagined.

How looking at bank accounts will establish facts, I do not know.
If your saying your living in UK, but money is transfered abroad every month.

If your saying your living in UK, but money is transfered abroad every month.
No problem if
a) Your pension is paid to one of the major banks, but transferred via WISE (the cheapst way)
b) Your pension payment is sent overseas to support a Thai girlfriend/partnr/wife etc or, Rent a property, which you occupy for up to 6 months a year.

Need to keep ahead with all the answers. (For the record my pension is, and always has been frozen) :rage:

No problem if
a) Your pension is paid to one of the major banks, but transferred via WISE (the cheapst way)
b) Your pension payment is sent overseas to support a Thai girlfriend/partnr/wife etc or, Rent a property, which you occupy for up to 6 months a year.

Need to keep ahead with all the answers. (For the record my pension is, and always has been frozen) :rage:
One last question, Nick.
As you know (by PM), after nearly a year of communication with HMRC, my pension is due to start this month (22nd). Am I right to say that the first payment will be 4 weeks after that date, on a Wednesday & every further 4 weeks, because of the last 2 digits of my NI number is "xx" ?

One last question, Nick.
As you know (by PM), after nearly a year of communication with HMRC, my pension is due to start this month (22nd). Am I right to say that the first payment will be 4 weeks after that date, on a Wednesday & every further 4 weeks, because of the last 2 digits of my NI number is "xx" ?
When you claimed, you had the option to receive pension every 4 or 13 weeks. Not sure whether the first day is chosen randomly, or as you suggest it is based on the last 2 digits of your NI number.. Once payment commences (presumably and maybe with arrears) then it will be payable every 28 days thereafter

When you claimed, you had the option to receive pension every 4 or 13 weeks. Not sure whether the first day is chosen randomly, or as you suggest it is based on the last 2 digits of your NI number.. Once payment commences (presumably and maybe with arrears) then it will be payable every 28 days thereafter
Payment day is determined by the last 2 digits of your N.I. number, and is made 28 days after your birthday. I.e it is paid in arrears.

Payment day is determined by the last 2 digits of your N.I. number, and is made 28 days after your birthday. I.e it is paid in arrears.
The mind boggles. Last two digits of N.I number ? How does that work? Is the number always between 1 and 28 or is there certain rules they use if the number is 64 or even 31 ?

My UK payment from PPF was sent to a third party on 27th December 2023 for onward transfer to me in Thailand. The third party (I have yet to determine who) sent the payment to my Kasikorn bank account on 3rd January 2024. If it's not illegal to hold on to (and no doubt use) my money for 7 days it certainly should be!

My UK payment from PPF was sent to a third party on 27th December 2023 for onward transfer to me in Thailand. The third party (I have yet to determine who) sent the payment to my Kasikorn bank account on 3rd January 2024. If it's not illegal to hold on to (and no doubt use) my money for 7 days it certainly should be!

It's not........but you could consider making a claim for detinue if you think otherwise.

It's not........but you could consider making a claim for detinue if you think otherwise.

It's not worth bothering about at today's interest rates. Bugger all of bugger all is still bugger all.

However, I have informed PPF of my dissatisfaction and intend to redirect my payments via "Wise" in the future.

For comparison though, a colleague in Calgary received his payment into Bank of Montreal on 27th December 2023.

Back