Visa extension based upon retirement

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Interesting question I think.

In order to extend my visa based upon my retirement in Thailand I need to prove I have at least Bht 800,000.00 in the bank and it has been in there for at least 3 months. If, after the first of those months, I withdraw Bht 100,000.00 to lend to someone who repays after 1 month and I deposit same back into the account. Therefore I had Bht 800,000 three months before renewal and Bht 800,00 at the time of renewal.

Do you think it would confuse immigration?

Y

No problem at all, the 800.000 doesn't have to stay in full after the day you got your extention, just top it up to 800.000 at least 2 or 3 months before your next renewal.

No problem at all, the 800.000 doesn't have to stay in full after the day you got your extention, just top it up to 800.000 at least 2 or 3 months before your next renewal.

Sorry, I didn't explain it properly.

3 months before my due date for renewal, I have Bht 800,000.00 in the bank. 2 months prior I have Bht 700,000.00 in the bank. 1 month prior I again have 800,000.00 in the bank.

In order to extend my visa based upon my retirement in Thailand I need to prove I have at least Bht 800,000.00 in the bank and it has been in there for at least 3 months. If, after the first of those months, I withdraw Bht 100,000.00 to lend to someone who repays after 1 month and I deposit same back into the account. Therefore I had Bht 800,000 three months before renewal and Bht 800,00 at the time of renewal.

Y

Yorky,
I believe KCI wants to see the bank book showing a minimum THB 800,000 sitting in your account for three consecutive months with a small movement (either a deposit or withdrawal) made within 72 hours of your appearance at their office to obtain a visa extension based on retirement.

I believe if your account goes below 800,000 (example: First month 800,000 , Second month 700,000, Third month 800,000) it is Immigrations option to waive you through with an extension or bust your balls at their discretion. Hate_Computer.

Bottom line: Don't go below 800,000 ninety days prior to your application (IMHO).

Bottom line: Don't go below 800,000 ninety days prior to your application (IMHO).

It was just a query Coffee as I've just done it and I thought a positive (or negative) response may be of benefit to others.

You know me, Coffee - upstairs for thinking, downstairs for dancing.

Y (OAP with a reserve)

It was just a query Coffee as I've just done it and I thought a positive (or negative) response may be of benefit to others.

You know me, Coffee - upstairs for thinking, downstairs for dancing.

Y (OAP with a reserve)

Yorky, that's an excellent line that took me years to fully appreciate.

I enjoyed the following punchline when one is asked how they learned to dance...
"In my family I was one of six kids raised in a very small house. I learned to dance while waiting for my turn to use the bathroom."

Yorky,
I believe KCI wants to see the bank book showing a minimum THB 800,000 sitting in your account for three consecutive months with a small movement (either a deposit or withdrawal) made within 72 hours of your appearance at their office to obtain a visa extension based on retirement.

I believe if your account goes below 800,000 (example: First month 800,000 , Second month 700,000, Third month 800,000) it is Immigrations option to waive you through with an extension or bust your balls at their discretion. Hate_Computer.

The 800,000 baht MUST be in account of your name only for 90 days before application and NEVER go below 800,000 at any time in that 90 days. END OF.

Y

Or you need to show an equivalent of monthly income I believe, or some combination thereof.

Mike

Or you need to show an equivalent of monthly income I believe, or some combination thereof.

Mike

Yes, that's how I understand it also. Also, the monies may be in one or more accounts in your own name.

On the combination method be warned that KCI does accept this BUT they require that all monies in a bank account be seasoned for 90 days. There are members on this forum that got forked over this.

Yes, that's how I understand it also. Also, the monies may be in one or more accounts in your own name.

So if your pension and other annual incomes are sufficient all you really need is a proof of income verification from your embassy. None of this silly protracted bank stuff needed. I may be doing a marriage O visa extension this coming September that way myself. Thinking of going back to the states this year for Thanksgiving and Xmas season (and this year's 1 year O visa runs out in Sept.), for the grandkids and kids. I'll likely regret it with the cold and snow, but f**k it, one more winter won't kill me... will it? It's for the kids.

Mike

P.S. I said I'm 'thinking' about it. Not 100% on this yet. :)

So if your pension and other annual incomes are sufficient all you really need is a proof of income verification from your embassy. None of this silly protracted bank stuff needed. I may be doing a marriage O visa extension this coming September that way myself. Thinking of going back to the states this year for Thanksgiving and Xmas season (and this year's 1 year O visa runs out in Sept.), for the grandkids and kids. I'll likely regret it with the cold and snow, but f**k it, one more winter won't kill me... will it? It's for the kids.

Mike

P.S. I said I'm 'thinking' about it. Not 100% on this yet. :)

Mike only for an extension to stay on retirement base can you use the combination method. As for the combination of funds for multiple accounts you will have to ask your local immigration office, have not heard of this being done at KCI but remember KCI say 90 day seasoning even for this method. And yes ifyou have sufficient income from other sources the letter from the embassy should be sufficient, immigration can ask for prof to back that letter up.

Last edited:
Mike only for an extension to stay on retirement base can you use the combination method. As for the combination of funds for multiple accounts you will have to ask your local immigration office, have not heard of this being done at KCI but remember KCI say 90 day seasoning even for this method. And yes ifyou have sufficient income from other sources the letter from the embassy should be sufficient, immigration can ask for prof to back that letter up.

Really? I've never heard of them doing that for the US Embassy proof of income letter before from anyone. No problem though for me to do 'legally'.

Mike

Really? I've never heard of them doing that for the US Embassy proof of income letter before from anyone. No problem though for me to do 'legally'.

Mike

Key word is can and yes Immigration has done this. Not very likely but if they have doubts YES. Be prepared as the boy scouts would say.

Key word is can and yes Immigration has done this. Not very likely but if they have doubts YES. Be prepared as the boy scouts would say.

So, in preparation, what would they need for 'proof'? Pension verification - in what manner? Income Tax papers showing annual income? What would they need, and what would these documents need (US Embassy notary stamp?) Tax returns for the previous year?

Mike

So when you go with the income verification you need to dress sharp, wear your best expensive watch, and make sure if your wife is along she wears all her gold and is dressed to the nines. :)

Mike

So when you go with the income verification you need to dress sharp, wear your best expensive watch, and make sure if your wife is along she wears all her gold and is dressed to the nines. :)

Mike

Actually for an extension based on retirement your better off NOT taken your wife.IMO.

Only THB 400,000 required for an extension based on marriage...easy peasy as the Brits like to say.

Back