Visa extension based upon retirement

The 800,000 baht MUST be in account of your name only for 90 days before application and NEVER go below 800,000 at any time in that 90 days. END OF.

Are you sure about the a/c being in your name only ?

I've been on a retirement visa for 6 years and have always shown the 800K in a joint a/c with my wife.
Or is this some new directive being enforced ?

I've been on a retirement visa for 6 years and have always shown the 800K in a joint a/c with my wife.

Always been 800k for retirement with account in your own name only. many threads on Thai Visa (including a recent one where a guy was rejected).

You can get a marriage extension with 800k Baht in a joint account.

Yes and not new.

You can have multiple accounts with your funds split between them but the accounts can only show your name not hers. This is not a new law. If the i/o let you use a joint account you have been lucky. Also never let your funds drop below the required amount during the seasoning period. KCI requires 90 day seasoning on retirement even if its a combo of verification from your embassy and bank funds.

You've been extremely lucky.........go back many years when you only had to have 500,000 baht in the bank .........the account had to be in your name only.

sorry as I'm a sick *******

You can have multiple accounts with your funds split between them but the accounts can only show your name not hers. This is not a new law. If the i/o let you use a joint account you have been lucky. Also never let your funds drop below the required amount during the seasoning period. KCI requires 90 day seasoning on retirement even if its a combo of verification from your embassy and bank funds.

Did you hear about the Siamese twins (co-joined at birth) that moved to Thailand on a 'visa based on retirement' ?
Nothing1
I believe at Immigration they utilized funds from a "joint account"
Moon2+ T.I.C. + Think1

OK Hate_Computer.me...but don't take any pictures :smile:

Did you hear about the Siamese twins (co-joined at birth) that moved to Thailand on a 'visa based on retirement' ?
Nothing1
I believe at Immigration they utilized funds from a "joint account"
Moon2+ T.I.C. + Think1

OK Hate_Computer.me...but don't take any pictures :smile:

Not Siamese.... but did you see, Coffee, that twins were born yesterday holding hands? In the US, of course.

Back