Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

Good water flow still in the inlet pipe at 07.00 today. How long for is another question?

Worked this morning. My tank is now full and I am using the city water again. Save the tank for the days it gets slow. Come on rain. Looks like a bad August ahead until the rains truly come.

I cannot now find the post where @Jeppe asked for the telephone number. Perhaps it's in the closed thread.

Yes it is:

@Jeppe said:
Anyone that know about someone that can deliver water in Surin? I don't mean bottled water, but with a tank truck. I have now installed a 2000L tank, so total capacity are now 3400L

I still have some water, so it is just in case I should need it.

Yes, my wife will find out a telephone number tomorrow.

This is what she came up with:

water supply.png

Apparently it could be free(?) or Bht 400.00/truck.

I cannot now find the post where @Jeppe asked for the telephone number. Perhaps it's in the closed thread.

Yes it is:

@Jeppe said:
Anyone that know about someone that can deliver water in Surin? I don't mean bottled water, but with a tank truck. I have now installed a 2000L tank, so total capacity are now 3400L

View attachment 29543

Make sure its water truck and not a honey wagon as they both look the same.:rolleyes::D:D:D

Yes it is:

@Jeppe said:

View attachment 29543

Thank you. I will save this number.

I don't know if anyone has conducted a quality inspection yet but I would image all the stopping and starting will stir up loads of shit in the pipes. Obviously not the time to carry out a tank cleaning exercise at present but it is likely to be required if and when normal service is resumed.

I don't know if anyone has conducted a quality inspection yet but I would image all the stopping and starting will stir up loads of shit in the pipes. Obviously not the time to carry out a tank cleaning exercise at present but it is likely to be required if and when normal service is resumed.
Unlikely before mid-2020 at the earliest. Thanks for the telephone number. It's in my little black book.

For that reason, I fitted an in-line brass filter before my pump. It could be unscrewed (mesh filter) and cleaned out periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The City water bowser returned to fill us up at around 2.00 am today. Nice to have a full tank, but.... a) it might have filled all by itself judging bu other comments here and b) the water boys had borrowed a pipe from Buriram which leaked copiously at either and and in the middle, wasting a huge amount in the process. c) our tank was filled through the top access hole, which stirred up all manner of yak. Someone used the W.C. in the night and flushing it left more crap in it that than was there to begin with. It has settled clear now.

For that reason, I fitted an in-line brass filter before my pump. It could be unscrewed (mesh filter) and cleaned out periodically.

I don't know if you are suffering from on-off water supplies in Sisaket but if so, it will need cleaning a lot more often than periodically.

The City water bowser returned to fill us up at around 2.00 am today. Nice to have a full tank, but.... a) it might have filled all by itself judging bu other comments here and b) the water boys had borrowed a pipe from Buriram which leaked copiously at either and and in the middle, wasting a huge amount in the process. c) our tank was filled through the top access hole, which stirred up all manner of yak. Someone used the W.C. in the night and flushing it left more crap in it that than was there to begin with. It has settled clear now.

Did you pay for it?

I don't know if you are suffering from on-off water supplies in Sisaket but if so, it will need cleaning a lot more often than periodically.
This was in Surin, Y (opposite to ATB’s gaffe.)
No stoppages so far in SSK. Lots of wet stuff in the huge round lake near to Aquarium. Had 1/2 hour downpour earlier & supposed to be plenty more over the next 2 days????!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop Press: Good news for Surinites.

At last the the big man in charge has got involved, admitted the crisis facing Surin, and decided on a course of action to supply excellent clean water for the city. So far 200,000 baht has been raised for the project to pipe water from outside Surin into the city. A very good supply of very clean water is available south of Surin, near the big Buddha on the hill (halfway between Surin and Prasat), near the stone quarries, located in the rock pools. The intention is to run a pipeline from there into the city. More info when it becomes available.

At last the the big man in charge has got involved, admitted the crisis facing Surin, and decided on a course of action to supply excellent clean water for the city. So far 200,000 baht has been raised for the project to pipe water from outside Surin into the city. A very good supply of very clean water is available south of Surin, near the big Buddha on the hill (halfway between Surin and Prasat), near the stone quarries, located in the rock pools. The intention is to run a pipeline from there into the city. More info when it becomes available.

3" pipeline or 30" pipeline?

The latter will take about two years.

Thats marios area. Looks like he could get boned.

The rock pool is apparently 400 rai in area and the water is 30 meters deep. Work begins tomorrow. Full story in Surin108.

66832901_2381914988718848_6192683060840890368_n.jpg

66721410_698152647313905_5531375465828188160_n.jpg

66732490_698154050647098_5449664718044135424_n.jpg

I'm guessing that these are old stone quarries, now full with water. Should be enough to supply Surin for a while.

Apparently, the Army is being drafted in to help with the work, and the quarry workers are also joining in. No idea how long this will take to implement but I am very pleased someone has taken the initiative.

Thats marios area. Looks like he could get boned.
This area is still quite a bit north of us, and should not affect us in any way. Our local water sources are very close to the ground level for access, and we are not experiencing any shortages.
We are the "red dot" in the google earth picture.
I don't anticipate getting "boned" here, whatever that means...
IMG_3369.PNG

If I was planning the job I would lay a pipeline between the quarries and the Huai Saneng reservoir - 11 kilometers. Pump the water into the reservoir and let the existing distribution system do the rest.

upload_2019-7-17_19-30-15.png

200,000 baht has been raised

That is Jack Shit for this kind of project. Back in me days I would drop that and then some for two weeks R&R at NEP. Need to get Cheap Charlie Bangkok elite to cough up. And as I said what about those that rely on that ground water for their local needs.

Back