Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

Ground water reservoirs are self-replenishing, shouldn't be a long-term problem if weather conditions don't go completely nuts. We are in a trend...just a trend...no need for all the negative. Look at some history, and not just how much of a big spender one can be, and realize that these things happen over time, and they repeat.
Life is still good, at least for me.

When you start emptying an underground aquifer of its waters for the supply of a city of 50K you can cause adversity effects on communities some distance away. There needs to be a serious monitoring of the draw down if this plan goes ahead,

That is Jack Shit for this kind of project. Back in me days I would drop that and then some for two weeks R&R at NEP. Need to get Cheap Charlie Bangkok elite to cough up. And as I said what about those that rely on that ground water for their local needs.

200,000 may buy you the pump. But it will need to be US$.

The GPS that I give 14.7463889913, 103.377978886 is of about 14 abandon quarries full of water. The existing quarry operation is just to the NE. The roads for this area are on street view of GE. It would look like with the abundance of water in theses old quarries that boring may not be necessary. These quarries are into the water table as this time. If they get the 3rd army from Surin they have the manpower and heavy equipment for this job. If a 30 inch bore is need I would thank that the boring machine would come form the oil industry which I have witnessed. As to how many bores to supply water I see more than one. Another point in a straight line I come up with about 13km problem being is something called "eminent domain" . I wouldn't thank the government wants any part of that. If they go along the existing roads it is about 19 km. There would still be private's property involved but this would be doable. When you look about that area there are numerous small villages that also rely on this water. There needs to be a monitory system in place. The 18 km of 30 inch (76cm) pipeline probably can be had from the oil industry. The main thing is MONEY. Surin government needs to get cracking as there are 50,000 people that want help.

The 18 km of 30 inch (76cm) pipeline probably can be had from the oil industry. The main thing is MONEY.

I cannot see any oil company having 18 km x 30" steel pipe in stock. It will need to be manufactured and internally and externally coated. Concrete pipe may be a viable alternative depending upon the gradients involved.

I cannot see any oil company having 18 km x 30" steel pipe in stock. It will need to be manufactured and internally and externally coated. Concrete pipe may be a viable alternative depending upon the gradients involved.

My wife first cousin/son/uncle works for a company out of Nakhon Sawan that have major contracts for the laying of oil pipelines from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and Bangkok into isaan. This is why I made the comment as I have seen the pipe and the equipment that this industry has and have been out on some of their job sites. I do agree that your suggestion is viable.

Stop Press: Good news for Surinites.

At last the the big man in charge has got involved, admitted the crisis facing Surin, and decided on a course of action to supply excellent clean water for the city. So far 200,000 baht has been raised for the project to pipe water from outside Surin into the city. A very good supply of very clean water is available south of Surin, near the big Buddha on the hill (halfway between Surin and Prasat), near the stone quarries, located in the rock pools. The intention is to run a pipeline from there into the city. More info when it becomes available.

My wife's half brother pilots the rain seeding planes that are used. She told me he said just recently his counterpart seeded the clouds in the Surin/Huay Senang area. He is based in Korat doing the same at the moment.

A few years ago my neighbour opposite decided to ignore my advice and installed a water tank mounted about 4 metres high. Given that the pressure in the mains was insufficient to achieve that height he installed a pump. Now there is insufficient pressure or flow to supply the pump. He had a dozen bottles of water delivered today.

66912777_1611286135668942_8324703572444839936_n.jpg

A few years ago my neighbour opposite decided to ignore my advice and installed a water tank mounted about 4 metres high. Given that the pressure in the mains was insufficient to achieve that height he installed a pump. Now there is insufficient pressure or flow to supply the pump. He had a dozen bottles of water delivered today.

"There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza"

The small pump I ordered from Lazada arrived this morning. For the price, 890 baht, it is significantly cheaper than what is available in Thai Watsadu, and exceptionally well made. I intend to use the pump to fill the main tank, when the water pressure is low but flowing, and the tank has an inlet 2 meters above ground level.

DSCN2068.JPG

And, before anyone else notices the name of the pump, 'Monica', if it sucks as well as it's namesake I will be more than pleased.

The small pump I ordered from Lazada arrived this morning. For the price, 890 baht, it is significantly cheaper than what is available in Thai Watsadu, and exceptionally well made. I intend to use the pump to fill the main tank, when the water pressure is low but flowing, and the tank has an inlet 2 meters above ground level.

View attachment 29556

And, before anyone else notices the name of the pump, 'Monica', if it sucks as well as it's namesake I will be more than pleased.

And the housing is BLUE like the namesakes dress.:rolleyes::D:D

ข่าว วันนี้ที่สุรินทร์is atอ่างน้ำตา จ.สุรินทร์.
4 hrs·Surin·
ภาครัฐ ภาคเอกชน ระดมกำลังพล พร้อมเครื่องจักรและเครื่องมือ อุปกรณ์ในการขุดลอกอ่างเก็บน้ำห้วยเสนง-รถน้ำลำเลียงน้ำดิบ เครื่องสูบน้ำจากอ่างน้ำตา บริเวณ มทร.วข.สุรินทร์ ส่งน้ำเติมสู่อ่างห้วยเสนง ผลิตน้ำประปาช่วยประชาชนในเขตเมืองสุรินทร์ ที่กำลังขาดแคลนน้ำประปาใช้
พร้อมเปิดบัญชีธนาคารออมสิน เลขที่ 0202909 48536 เพื่อรับบริจาคเงินร่วมใจกู้วิกฤติน้ำในครั้งนี้ด้วย

The private government, mobilizing the, with machine and equipment tools to dig, peeling the basin, huai charming - water, water, water, water pump, water pump from the tub, in the area of the university. I'm going to go to the hospital. In sends water to the huai charming basin, producing water to help people in the area of in, which is shortage of water water.
Ready to open the bank bank account. Number 0202909 48536 to donate money to support the water crisis this time too.
·
Rate this translation

+7

Back