Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

I wired in the electrics this morning. The main pump is back on line and working again. The secondary pump is drawing power from the same source with a separate on/off switch. That too has been wired in though not tested. It has not yet been plumbed in to the water supply. With luck I will get around to that tomorrow, weather permitting.

If the weather is not permitting, conceivably there will be ample water and you will not need to plumb it in.

I was told that the water bottling factory nearby is buying up land and draining all the water under the land on an massive scale.
https://surinfarang.com/forum/threads/we-have-water.26161/page-2

An update on the water bottling plant in Salak Dai. I have been told that the company is owned by someone who works in Surin government.

Today I spoke to the guy who owns the brown house in front of their new plant. He said that they had already sunk one 400 meter 6 inch well and they were currently working on a second.

tNu0uWK.jpg

They have erected a fence to hide their deeds, but I went to investigate.

tWcp2Tc.jpg

R8RcAV9.jpg

Last edited:
@Bandersnatch.

Same thing in my village Salakdi Moo 13
A lot of villagers without water have been given the blue containers.
It is shocking that the water company can do this, but this is Thailand and if the owner is high up in Surin Government it is sod the little guy
I heard they were expanding production because they had a big new contract

Meanwhile my own attempts to conserve water:

jffTgbb.jpg

The condensate from my air conditioners is piped into my Grey Water System to water my teak trees in the garden. It is moisture pulled out of the air, and so it does not contain chlorine or other additives, but it does travel through copper pipes, so I will not be using it for drinking. "A central AC for an entire home can collect 5 to 20 gallons (18.9 L to 75.7 L) of condensate water per day"
After being a qualified plumber for 7 years in UK, I’m not sure if there is any danger of drinking water that’s been through copper pipes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After being a qualified plumber for 7 years in UK, I’m not sure if there is any danger of drinking water that’s been through copper pipes?

My old house in the UK was built in 1902 with lead pipes throughout. It wasn't considered to be a health hazard at that time. During the 1970s, the kitchen was replumbed using copper pipe, but the gauge was very thin as American pipe was used due to the copper shortage in the UK. As a result, pinholes developed which eventually caused leaks. In 2003, I replaced it all with new copper tube, but there were no health warnings associated with using it to carry drinking water. On the contrary, as plastic piping for drinking water can include vinyl chloride and organotin compounds, with the former known to be carcinogenic.

Copper is an essential element required by humans for good health (up to a certain level which is not exceeded by water carried by copper tube up to 1.3 ppm.) Beware also of the solvents used when bonding lengths of plastic tube.

I’m not sure if there is any danger of drinking water that’s been through copper pipes

@Ivor the Engine I am sure you are right, but as I have more than enough filtered rainwater for drinking, I wasn't taking any chances. The article I quoted states about condensate from air conditioners: "The water should NEVER be used for human consumption as it may contain heavy metals from contact with the cooling coils and other HVAC equipment. The lack of minerals in the water (similar to distilled water) also makes it corrosive to most metals"

@Ivor the Engine I am sure you are right, but as I have more than enough filtered rainwater for drinking, I wasn't taking any chances. The article I quoted states about condensate from air conditioners: "The water should NEVER be used for human consumption as it may contain heavy metals from contact with the cooling coils and other HVAC equipment. The lack of minerals in the water (similar to distilled water) also makes it corrosive to most metals"
That makes sense!

My old house in the UK was built in 1902 with lead pipes throughout. It wasn't considered to be a health hazard at that time. During the 1970s, the kitchen was replumbed using copper pipe, but the gauge was very thin as American pipe was used due to the copper shortage in the UK. As a result, pinholes developed which eventually caused leaks. In 2003, I replaced it all with new copper tube, but there were no health warnings associated with using it to carry drinking water. On the contrary, as plastic piping for drinking water can include vinyl chloride and organotin compounds, with the former known to be carcinogenic.

Copper is an essential element required by humans for good health (up to a certain level which is not exceeded by water carried by copper tube up to 1.3 ppm.) Beware also of the solvents used when bonding lengths of plastic tube.

The problem isn't the copper piping. It is the solder used to join the pipes, which can have lead in it. Not sure what is used these days to join the copper piping. But I'd prefer it to plastic piping if having my drinking water come from it.

The problem isn't the copper piping. It is the solder used to join the pipes, which can have lead in it. Not sure what is used these days to join the copper piping. But I'd prefer it to plastic piping if having my drinking water come from it.

I'm also considering in the near future of switching to the Singha glass bottled water. Get off the plastic bottled stuff.

Drinking water safety is something we should all be all be concerned about.

This is a water bottle purchased in Surin, notice the green colour

O2MiEVY.jpg

This is my local bottling plant and locals have complained that the trucks go out at night and suck up water from ponds near the plant:

OtvZVaI.jpg

"Plastic contamination is rampant in bottled water. That was the unsettling conclusion of a study published last year in Frontiers in Chemistry that analyzed samples taken from 259 bottled waters sold in several countries and found that 93% of them contained “microplastic” synthetic polymer particles."
https://time.com/5581326/plastic-particles-in-bottled-water/

I do not trust a water company with profit as it's only motive. I chose to trust Forum Sponsor Ruben from www.h2owatersystems.co.th

4nJMvXU.jpg

Last edited:
@Bandersnatch, I will agree with what you say, especially if you are doing this all from new. However, when you have lived in many counties around the world, living a nomadic existence, drinking whatever water is available or supplied, and find you are still alive at 71 years old, does it really matter what water you drink, provided it is reasonably clean? I did know someone living in Surin who only drank water from the town's water supply, even though this was shut off several hours a day. I do draw the line at that. As a retrofit to install such a superb installation as yours I am afraid I would find the cost too prohibitive. Live long and prosper. :cool::cool::cool:

Like what Mr. B is doing. But me worried about water....:D All my working life because of my profession I have worked around and with lead, asbestos and polychlorinated biphenyls (pcbs). I would suit up looking like an astronaut.

example1.jpg

We checked our tank this morning (c. 10:30). It was full and if the ball was depressed then water continued to trickle in.

My hat goes off to you guys in the big city.:D:D:D We country boys at least in my area I fill are far better off to weather this than the city slickers.:rolleyes::D With the water table being at 3 meters all the ponds are maintaining their level and we have had no issues with our wells. KC did not connect us to the city water only as a precaution. At his point I have not heard of any problem with KC supply. By the photo you see yes we still have green rice but if you were to get a close up it is stunted for growth for lack of rain. For us we have no measurable rain since June 12.:eek::eek::eek: All the talk is about NO RAIN. When that rice goes yellow :weary:then the heard will be put back out to pasture.:eek:

67101475_2296590907055108_6290522042181615616_n.jpg

Back