Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

There are some ominous looking dark clouds arriving from the east. Let's hope for the best.

[Edit: and as I pressed <post reply> the sun came out!]

Up in our village home/property we have both the 2 wells and also are connected to the village water system which uses the local reservoir water system and big raised water tank tower they pump up and store water in. One well is not as deep as the other I had put in years ago. The shallow one does go 'dry' this time of the year, but the deeper one works all year long with no problem. All the homes there were hooked to the village water system, which can be used if one wants. I haven't been for a while, but I imagine the reservoir is low. A few years ago when it was nearly dry they did have some back hoes and trucks there digging the reservoir deeper, much deeper. Which helped the fishing later in the year when plenty of water is available. :) Would love to stock it one of these years and see how it works. Need to research which fish should be used. Don't want any 'invasive' species screwing with the natural fish supply.

My hat goes off to you guys in the big city.:D:D:D We country boys at least in my area I fill are far better off to weather this than the city slickers.:rolleyes::D With the water table being at 3 meters all the ponds are maintaining their level and we have had no issues with our wells. KC did not connect us to the city water only as a precaution. At his point I have not heard of any problem with KC supply. By the photo you see yes we still have green rice but if you were to get a close up it is stunted for growth for lack of rain. For us we have no measurable rain since June 12.:eek::eek::eek: All the talk is about NO RAIN. When that rice goes yellow :weary:then the heard will be put back out to pasture.:eek:

67101475_2296590907055108_6290522042181615616_n.jpg

Over 50 mm of rain this evening.

Yeah. It came down gangbusters for about a half an hour or so around 8/830 last night while I was at the restaurant helping out a bit as we were FULL. Not a seat empty at one point in the evening. Starfish gals (temp teachers I believe), Francois' family, and some Thai families.

Yeah. It came down gangbusters for about a half an hour or so around 8/830 last night while I was at the restaurant helping out a bit as we were FULL. Not a seat empty at one point in the evening. Starfish gals (temp teachers I believe), Francois' family, and some Thai families.
Wow, Starfish still going! Good. A very wise man started that company. A neighbour of Bob 7, who first got us both teaching at Engrish Camps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back