Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

Rainwater report from my rain gauge at Salak dai:

Monday 22nd July 23mm
Tuesday 23rd July no rain, yet it rained quite hard at my rented house less than 2km away!

It was still raining at 4:30 am while I was driving home from meeting a Nakonchai Air passenger at the bus station.

According to the village gossip (or Tannoy as we call it), as from the evening of 29th July 2019 the water will be turned off between 23:00 and 04:30 hours each night. This may be the whole of Surin or just Kohplaat.

Do your own translation but it looks like a 30 inch line is being ran from the quarry too the pump house.

ทหารกองกำลังสุรนารี เร่งต่อท่อเพื่อส่งน้ำจากเหมืองหินลงเติมอ่างห้วยเสนงให้เสร็จภายใน 10 วัน
กำลังพลจากกองกำลังสุรนารี สนับสนุนการประปาส่วนภูมิภาคสาขาสุรินทร์ ในการเชื่อมต่อท่อส่งน้ำดิบ ณ บ้านโคกสะอาด ต.นาบัว อ.เมืองสุรินทร์
ด้านพ.อ.ณัฎฐ์ ศรีอินทร์ รอง ผบ.กกล.สุรนารี/รอง ผอ.รมน.ภาค 2 สย.2 ได้กำชับให้ทุกส่วนช่วยกันสร้างระบบส่งน้ำจากแหล่งน้ำสำรองเหมืองหิน เพื่อเติมน้ำให้อ่างเก็บน้ำห้วยเสนงให้เสร็จภายใน 10 วัน ก่อน ที่สถานการณ์น้ำในอ่างจะวิกฤติถึงขั้นไม่สาม...See More

See Translation

+9

For me it looks like that the water was out for some days opened up the eyes to the people around in the city.I have never seen this high pressure/flow on the water inlet for many years. I have now installed a 2000L tank in addition to the 1400L I had before. And now all the tanks are full every morning. It looks like the community are using less water, and also gather more rain water than before.

Should have been done years ago, as well as many other things. Wait until there is a crisis to do the right things needed. TIT

Do your own translation but it looks like a 30 inch line is being ran from the quarry too the pump house.

ทหารกองกำลังสุรนารี เร่งต่อท่อเพื่อส่งน้ำจากเหมืองหินลงเติมอ่างห้วยเสนงให้เสร็จภายใน 10 วัน
กำลังพลจากกองกำลังสุรนารี สนับสนุนการประปาส่วนภูมิภาคสาขาสุรินทร์ ในการเชื่อมต่อท่อส่งน้ำดิบ ณ บ้านโคกสะอาด ต.นาบัว อ.เมืองสุรินทร์
ด้านพ.อ.ณัฎฐ์ ศรีอินทร์ รอง ผบ.กกล.สุรนารี/รอง ผอ.รมน.ภาค 2 สย.2 ได้กำชับให้ทุกส่วนช่วยกันสร้างระบบส่งน้ำจากแหล่งน้ำสำรองเหมืองหิน เพื่อเติมน้ำให้อ่างเก็บน้ำห้วยเสนงให้เสร็จภายใน 10 วัน ก่อน ที่สถานการณ์น้ำในอ่างจะวิกฤติถึงขั้นไม่สาม...See More

See Translation

+9

Just out.

ความคืบหน้า!! การวางท่อประปาเพื่อส่งน้ำดิบจากบ่อหินเขาสวาย ลงไปยังลำห้วยเสนงเพื่อผลิตน้ำประปาการแก้ไขปัญหาภัยแล้ง
ล่าสุด วันนี้ เวลา 13.00 น. การประปาได้ทำการวางท่อประปาถึงบริเวณพื้นที่บ้านโคกสะอาด ไปยังศูนย์วิจัยกระบือ เพื่อผ่านไปยังคลองธรรมชาติบ้านสะกวน ระยะทาง 12 กม. โดยมีหน่วยงานทหารร่วมปฏิบัติการด้วย

See Translation

+3

67404430_2437744632913848_7162058944779649024_n.jpg

10 days of water remains.

ขอขอบคุณและส่งกำลังใจให้ทุกคน ร่วมฝ่าวิกฤติน้ำห้วยเสนงไปด้วยกันค่ะ

พ.อ.ณัฏฐ์ ศรีอินทร์ รอง ผบ.กกล.สุรนารี ได้สรุปภาพรวมการวางระบบท่อเติมน้ำจากอ่างหินลงห้วยเสนง ในกลุ่มไลน์ชาวสุรินทร์รวมใจกู้วิกฤตภัยแล้งว่าจากที่ตรวจการดำเนินการขณะนี้

1.น้ำในอ่างห้วยเสนงเหลือใช้ได้จริงประมาณ 300,000 ลบ.ม. ซึ่งเราใช้น้ำวันละประมาณ 30,000 ลบ.ม. แสดงว่ามีน้ำให้ใช้อีกเพียง 10 วัน...

See More
See Translation

1 Comment14 Shares

upload_2019-7-29_13-48-37.png

Well, well , well, deep hole with water. I did not get around to plumbing the tank the following day as we have had water for the past week. This morning we did not and the tank was only half full when I checked at 09.00. Without further ado, I plumbed in the pump, drained the air with the bleed valve and switched on. It works a dream and filled the 1,000 litres or so required in about an hour. Interestingly, the water pressure now at 13.30 is just sufficient to trickle into the tank. Left to it's own devices I doubt if there would be sufficient pressure to fill the tank in less than 48 hours.

DSCN2086.JPG

Last edited:
ชมแหล่งน้ำดิบ บ่อเหมืองหินเก่า บริเวณพื้นที่เชิงเขาพนมสวาย

พื้นที่เชิงเขาพนมสวาย ตำบลนาบัว อำเภอเมืองสุรินทร์ และตำบลไพล อำเภอปราสาท มีการทำเหมืองหินทำให้เกิดบ่อจากการทำเหมือง มีความลึกเฉลี่ยประมาณ 20 เมตร จำนวน 12 บ่อ ครอบคลุมพื้นที่ประมาณ 860 ไร่ โดยสภาพปัจจุบันมีน้ำขังอยู่ในบ่อกว่า 20 ล้านลูกบาศก์เมตร
สภาอุตสาหกรรมจังหวัดสุรินทร์ ได้เสนอโครงการพัฒนาและฟื้นฟูเหมืองหินอุตสาหกรรมเพื่อการก่อสร้างและการท่องเที่ยว ในการประชุมครม.สัญจร ที่จังหวัดบุรีรัมย์ เมื่อปี 2561 โดยใช้ชื่อโ...

See More
Watch Raw Water, Quarry, old stone, area, foothills, Phnom, Phnom Penh.

Foothills area, Phanom Senator, District District, mueang in and township district. The Castle of the castle has quarry. The stone caused the pond from the mines. There is an average depth of about 20 meters. The number of 12 ponds covers the area around 860 Rai by current condition. There is water in the pond for over 20 million cubic meters.
The In Provincial Industrial Council has offered a development project and restoring the industrial stone quarry for construction and tourism in the meeting of the university. Roaming in buriram in 2561 using the name of the project "in model"
For the development and restoration of this old quarry area, there will be a construction of concrete road, electric system, solar water pump, adjust the landscape, cuddle of including welding pond, 12 ponds together will make a large water storage source, more than 44 A million cubic meters can bring water to the agricultural benefits in 1,590 Rai and increase the area area to solve the flood in the water season and solve the shortage of water in the drought season.
In addition, the development of an interesting tourist attraction is connected to other attractions. It is often the source of creation, making money and improving life quality for the people.
Thank you for the photo of the industrial council of the province of in.
#ห้วยเสนง
#ปัญหาภัยแล้ง
#แหล่งน้ำดิบทำน้ำประปา
#บ่อเหมืองหินเก่า

Left to it's own devices I doubt if there would be sufficient pressure to fill the tank in less than 48 hours.

Under normal circumstances our 1,000 litre tank would be good for 2 - 3 days un-replenished. I am hoping that our current water saving measures will increase that to 6 days. At present the water is still trickling in.

Back