Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

Working at night. The water you see in the photo is the water table not the reservoir.

69211362_10157563241640929_503440754878709760_o.jpg

The government is installing water tanks for free water in the neighborhoods/villages around us. We have one already, but it needed a place to install it that has a concrete reinforced steel rebar pad that will hold the tank and not sink or list. So we have offered to pay for the pad (which was taken up) as it will be directly across the street from our restaurant. That way we can have some input also on where the hose will be directed and how people can get the water without blocking the front of our place, as well as just being able to afford it and get it done quickly. Our Poo Yai Bahn is ex army and has some connections and a decent guy. We will see how it works out. LOL Better late than never huh? :)

I imagine, that like others before him, the PM will fly to Buriram airport on the morning of the 19th. It will be a complete clusterfuck, if past VIP arrivals are anything to go by. Not just 150/200 police, but the bomb squad who will check the entire terminal for anything untoward, and numerous hangers on.

Fortunately my son flies to Bangkok on 18th, although he was at sometime indicating the 19th. The car parking area will be even more full than usual, all seats in the arrival/departure lounge (many recently gone with alterations) will be sat upon by the police waiting for the PM's arrival, and so - in essence - ..f**k those waiting to fly!

Just back from Buriram airport. One could be excused for thinking it was today the PM was visiting. The airport was crawling with literally hundreds of police, army, bomb squad folk, and many hangers on. Rehearsing perhaps? Why oh why, cannot the PM be installed in a car from the foot of the aircraft steps and never have to enter the terminal? Or walk to a waiting helicoptor? Likewise the accompanying VIPs, whilst other hangers on could enter the terminal..they don't need all the police and others.

I subsequently did some shopping in Buriram and crossed the empty reservoir, that I think the PM will visit tomorrow. Just as with the airport it was full of police and others, whilst tents amd marquees were in course of erection. What is expected of the PM tomorrow? Could he not just pass by and show his face, or will he be rubbing a special lamp following which the reservoir will magically fill?

How many millions of baht is this charade costing? Total nonsense!

Last edited:
I am seeing more reports of government well drilling in the outlying villages.

Great so deplete the groundwater as well. :) I imagine some will use it to sell drinking water and get it free to sell. Hopefully they will only allow the wells to be used during a drought.

Great so deplete the groundwater as well. :) I imagine some will use it to sell drinking water and get it free to sell. Hopefully they will only allow the wells to be used during a drought.

It is used for the making of lao lao.:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::D

For Yorky.:rolleyes::D

สุรินทร์108ดอทคอม สังคม Online ดี ดี ของชาวสุรินทร์
8 mins·

ประกาศ
วันนี้ทีมอาสาสมัครส่งน้ำงดส่งน้ำ 1 วันเนื่องจาก มีซ้อมแผน รปภ.นายกรัฐมนตรี
จึงแจ้งมาเพื่อทราบครับ

ประกาศ
จึงแจ้งมาเพื่อทราบครับ
Announcement
Today, the volunteer team sent water to refrain from sending water for 1 days due to the practice of the security plan. The Prime Minister.
So I told you to know.

For Yorky.:rolleyes::D

สุรินทร์108ดอทคอม สังคม Online ดี ดี ของชาวสุรินทร์
8 mins·

ประกาศ
จึงแจ้งมาเพื่อทราบครับ

ประกาศ
จึงแจ้งมาเพื่อทราบครับ
Announcement
Today, the volunteer team sent water to refrain from sending water for 1 days due to the practice of the security plan. The Prime Minister.
So I told you to know.

"Practice of the security plan. The Prime Minister."....In the past both Surin and Buriram have had many many visits from royalty. I would have thought those in charge would have been well prepared for VIP visits, especially this time as it is only the fraudulently elected PM!.His visit to assist with resolving the water problem results in you poor buggers getting no water today, due to bloody rehearsals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just back from Buriram airport. One could be excused for thinking it was today the PM was visiting. The airport was crawling with literally hundreds of police, army, bomb squad folk, and many hangers on. Rehearsing perhaps? Why oh why, cannot the PM be installed in a car from the foot of the aircraft steps and never have to enter the terminal? Or walk to a waiting helicoptor? Likewise the accompanying VIPs, whilst other hangers on could enter the terminal..they don't need all the police and others.

I subsequently did some shopping in Buriram and crossed the empty reservoir, that I think the PM will visit tomorrow. Just as with the airport it was full of police and others, whilst tents amd marquees were in course of erection. What is expected of the PM tomorrow? Could he not just pass by and show his face, or will he be rubbing a special lamp following which the reservoir will magically fill?

How many millions of baht is this charade costing? Total nonsense!
The usual bullshit and waste of money.

Update 2:

When I now spoke with my GF, she said it was 4500 for the drilling, and 8000 for the rest. So in total 12500thb for the whole project so far. About the same as @nomad97.

My drilling was also ฿ 4,500.00 and the pump, downhole pipe and adjacent fittings, c. ฿ 9,500.00. Now I need to connect to the tank, add another standpipe and wire it up. The whole escapade shouldn't be more than ฿ 19,000.00.

Hitachi pump s.jpg

Last edited:
All require more and more water supplies although, to the best of my knowledge, the reservoir has not changed nor increased its capacity.

If they'd done that prior to September 2013, we wouldn't have been flooded and I wouldn't have had to shell out ฿ 200,000.00.

Either that or sack the twat in charge!

Where are they taking all the muck? There doesn't appear to be any vehicles there.

That pond is very much the size of our new pond at CRU. Looks to be about 15 meters deep and the muck as you say was used to build up the sides and if you look closer the extra muck has been spreed out just to the left of the pond.. They say two more to go in that area.

Back