Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

By putting a lock on the pumps maybe?

I'm not sure if that can be achieved. I don't really know. However, how are the "authorities" going to know who has a well pump and who does not? And what about the folks who do not live within the Surin boundaries who don't have access to government water and rely purely on well water - drought or not?

Last edited:
Gardener was in today cutting the long grass in the back field. He noticed the 8 lengths of ¾" water pipe and ½" electric conduit. "I'll do that for you", he says. "We have already organised the sparks - how much to dig the trench, today, and install the pipe later after the sparks and backfill the trench?" "฿ 500.00" he says.

It's not worth me getting out of bed!

Trench s.jpg

Gardener was in today cutting the long grass in the back field. He noticed the 8 lengths of ¾" water pipe and ½" electric conduit. "I'll do that for you", he says. "We have already organised the sparks - how much to dig the trench, today, and install the pipe later after the sparks and backfill the trench?" "฿ 500.00" he says.

It's not worth me getting out of bed!

He's just informed me that the price is excluding an H&S survey, analysis and procedure. That will be ฿ 20,000.00 on top!

That pond is very much the size of our new pond at CRU. Looks to be about 15 meters deep and the muck as you say was used to build up the sides and if you look closer the extra muck has been spreed out just to the left of the pond.. They say two more to go in that area.

Surely just by moving muck from one place to another (haymaking) they are not deepening the reservoir at all?

He's just informed me that the price is excluding an H&S survey, analysis and procedure. That will be ฿ 20,000.00 on top!

My work used to involve H&S, and I worked very closely with the H&S Executive, 40 years ago. Then, what they did was very reasonable...not the H&S nonsense that is required today.

68540822_10157565062295929_4170573820358295552_n.jpg

And what is the reason for digging ponds in the reservoir? I can't see any practical use or purpose for these ponds.

My work used to involve H&S, and I worked very closely with the H&S Executive, 40 years ago. Then, what they did was very reasonable...not the H&S nonsense that is required today.

Back in '85 we had a contract with Total to precommission two of the Alwyn subsea pipelines. We were required to prepare contingency procedures for virtually every disaster imaginable. The English consultant for Total eventually asked me if we had a procedure for if one of the ten liquid nitrogen tanks ruptured on the steel deck of the diving support vessel. "Yes, the vessel will sink, and I'll f**k off to the pub!".

He never liked me before that either.

[Edit: About three years later I came across him in a corridor in Entrpose's office in Paris. "Hello Keith", I said. "I recognise you but don't remember your name" he said and walked off. Once a twat, always a twat!]

Last edited:
And what is the reason for digging ponds in the reservoir? I can't see any practical use or purpose for these ponds.

I shall try and take it slow for you.:rolleyes:;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;; At his moment you're water for the reservoir is coming from the rain you just had and the gravel quarry. Officials know that the water you see in the reservoir is not going to last that long and the chances of rain are a crap shoot at best. The quarry water from what I get may last for 2 maybe 3 more months. The quarry's were excavated to about 20 meters in depth will below the ground water table and that is what you're getting from the quarry ground water. These quarries will recharge but it will take sometime. The bottom of your reservoir is not into the ground water as you saw photos of a dried up bed just a couple weeks back. NOW the pond in that new photo along with at least two more have and are being dug down about 20 meters into the ground water table and hopefully in a few weeks we will see this and the ponds with water. These ponds were located for two main reason in that area, close proximity to the pump house and AND it was dry ground that could be worked. You can not dig a pond as such when the ground is covered in water. I look for a lot more of these ponds being dug about the reservoir. The reservoir has to be dug out and at this time it is not being done for what ever reason.

NOW the pond in that new photo along with at least two more have and are being dug down about 20 meters into the ground water table and hopefully in a few weeks we will see this and the ponds with water.

Those diggers don't look capable of digging 20 metre depth.

Those diggers don't look capable of digging 20 metre depth.
They do a step and ramp then on the way out they dig it out.. This how our new pond was dug and it is about 18 meters deep. Btw same size earth evacuator.

Another thought..:eek::rolleyes:;;bad simle;; Aside of private's use bores the the Surin Hospital bores to my knowledge are 6 inch bores that go down 150 meters and by reports I saw they have 14 all on the hospital property. The number of bores of this size to supply a city of 50k would be astronomical. The equipment that has been used and shown is not up to snuff for such a task. These would have to be a 20 inch bore and this equipment I have seen in the Thai oil patch.;;superman;;

44 has already intimated that He, they or who ever is going to fix the shallow Huay Saneg. But who can fix the shallow politicians of Surin? Their depths caused this problem. The public should not forget. But they will when the next bone gets thrown to the rabid dogs to keep them at bay as they tend to do. 44 is going to toss that bone. I wonder what it will be.

44 has already intimated that He, they or who ever is going to fix the shallow Huay Saneg. But who can fix the shallow politicians of Surin? Their depths caused this problem. The public should not forget. But they will when the next bone gets thrown to the rabid dogs to keep them at bay as they tend to do. 44 is going to toss that bone. I wonder what it will be.

1-14.jpg

One of the bones is the 2077 being made into a 4 lane highway all the way to the 24. This has been on the local media.

ศักดิ์สยาม จี้ขยายถนน สังขะ-สุรินทร์ เป็น 4 เลน
โดยฐานเศรษฐกิจ

See Translation

About this website

THANSETTAKIJ.COM

.รัฐมนตรีว่าการกระทรวงคมนาคม ลงพื้นที่จังหวัดสุรินทร์เพื่อติดตามผลการดำเนินงาน โครงการเร่งด่วนของหน่วยงานในสังกัดกระทรวงคมนาคม และแผนการพัฒนาโครงข่ายคมนาคมและส่งเสริมการท่องเที่ยวจังหวัดสุรินทร์
.วันนี้( 18 ส.ค. 62 ) นายศักดิ์สยาม ชิดชอบ รัฐมนตรีว่าการกระทรวงคมนามคม ลงพื้นที่จังหวัดสุรินทร์ เพื่อติดตามแผนการพัฒนาโครงข่ายคมนาคมและส่งเสริมการท่องเที่ยว โดยรับฟังการบรรยายสรุปผลการดำเนินงานโครงการสำคัญเร่งด่วนของหน่วยในสังกัดกระทรวงคมนาคม
.ทั้งหน่วยงานในระดับกระทรวง และระดับพื้นที่ ประกอบด้วยกรมทางหลวง กรมทางหลวงชนบท และรับฟังปัญหาอุปสรรคจากผู้ว่าราชการจังหวัดสุรินทร์ นายประภัสสร์ มาลากาญจน์ ณ ห้องประชุมแขวงการทางจังหวัดสุรินทร์
.จากนั้นคณะของรัฐมนตรีว่าการกระทรวงคมนาคม ได้เดินทางไปตรวจเส้นทางหลวงหมายเลข 2077 ตอนสุรินทร์ – สังขะ ตอน กม.18 + 100 ซึ่งถนนเส้นทางดังกล่าวจะมีการพัฒนาให้เป็นเส้นทาง 4 ช่องจราจรเชื่อมต่อระหว่างจังหวัดสุรินทร์ และอำเภอสังขะ ตลอดสาย เพื่อพัฒนาระบบการคมนาคมขนส่งให้มีความเชื่อมโยงกันระหว่างจังหวัด เนื่องจากทางหลวงหมายเลข 2077 (สังขะ-สุรินทร์) ที่มีสถิติการเกิดอุบัติเหตุ ซึ่งสาเหตุส่วนใหญ่เกิดจากรถไถลตกข้างทาง และชนต้นไม้เสียชีวิตค่อนค่างสูง ก่อนที่จะพบปะกับประชาชนในพื้นที่ ที่มารอรับและให้กำลังใจเป็นจำนวนมาก และเดินทางเพื่อตรวจเส้นทางสายสุรินทร์ – ศีขรภูมิต่อไปที่มีโครงการจะพัฒนาให้เป็นเส้นทาง 4 ช่องจราจรเช่นเดียวกัน
cr; สำนักงานประชาสัมพันธ์จังหวัดสุรินทร์
See Translation

รมต.คมนาคม ลงพื้นที่จังหวัดสุรินทร์
9 Photos

It will be a cluster fork intern today.

#แจ้งปิดถนน 19 สิงหาคม 2562

วันที่ 19 ส.ค.62 จังหวัดสุรินทร์มีภารกิจสำคัญในพื้นที่ จึงมีความจำเป็นในการปิดการจราจร ในถนนดังต่อไปนี้

1. ถนนคชสาร ตั้งแต่หน้าทางออกสนามบินถึงแยก รร.สวค....

See More
See Translation

Back