Wise - UK to Thailand Money Transfers (formerly Transferwise)

I took the earlier rate that I posted last night, 43.179, the best I have seen in a long time. Surprisingly, even the late transfer (20.45) went straight through to my account with Bangkok Bank. Previously, late transfers were not paid into my account until the following day, usually shortly after 09.30. The next target rate to achieve is 44 Baht to the £.

I know what's going to happen. I'll check the exchange rate every day and not that it's increasing by much but it is increasing. I'll wait and wait in the hope that it'll be better tomorrow.

Then it will go to ratshit overnight!

I know what's going to happen. I'll check the exchange rate every day and not that it's increasing by much but it is increasing. I'll wait and wait in the hope that it'll be better tomorrow.

Then it will go to ratshit overnight!
Thats why you lock it and don't pay until the last moment

I have set 46 as the new 50 for my spending purposes. If achieved, and looking solid, that may just generate the extra funds I would need to purchase a new car. :)
46 is some 7% more than today. When/if that happens will your new car still be the same price as today? Will the trade in price on your Ranger be less than today?

I read earlier this week that a deputy finance minister said that VAT will remain at 7% for another year from September. I don't trust the government one iota, and the mere fact that he mentioned VAT makes me somewhat suspicious.

I read earlier this week that a deputy finance minister said that VAT will remain at 7% for another year from September. I don't trust the government one iota, and the mere fact that he mentioned VAT makes me somewhat suspicious.

As you have been for the last 5 years.................................... but it has still not moved..... :)

46 is some 7% more than today. When/if will that happen will your new car still be the same price as today? Will the trade in price on your Ranger be less than today?

Good points. The main driver, other than the exchange rate, is paying off the mortgage on the house. That will be accomplished in 5 months' time, August this year. Party time! That will then be time to put some money in the bank, in my savings account rather than the Bank's account. No, I am not ready to splash out this year but 12 months' time and a good exchange rate may tempt me next year. That said, the Ranger is still going like a good 'un and I have now identified the necessary fascia trim to facilitate a new stereo music system upgrade. That's the only mod I am looking for, a system with a USB capability to play the music I like and maybe a mobile phone connection too for YouTube songs and music.

1617418148262.pngplus 1617418332429.png

A bit like your 50 at Christmas! :):):):):)

If you recall, I believe that I said that (economically speaking) there was no reason why the rate should not be back to 50 by Xmas because the impact of Brexit should have been factored in...

45 is the new 50....edging towards it.

If you recall, I believe that I said that (economically speaking) there was no reason why the rate should not be back to 50 by Xmas because the impact of Brexit should have been factored in...

I am sure we will see both 50Bt and 10/12.5% VAT sooner or later. I rather think we will see a VAT increase before 50

We may never see either......... my money remains on the VAT remaining untouched.

I'm still awaiting the application of "land tax" to be effected. There's been whispers about it for over a year now. I've paid nowt for 21 years.

I'm still awaiting the application of "land tax" to be effected. There's been whispers about it for over a year now. I've paid nowt for 21 years.
Strange you should mention Land Tax yesterday. This morning my wife was presented with a 3 page typed up paper, setting out all the land charges applicable to our home. It shows various rates, and sizes, house sizes and goodness knows what else. The end result is that we have to pay 8 baht in tax!!!!!!. What a farce. How much did it cost to produce the document, deliver it, and deal with the collection and recording of payment etc?

Okay Boris. ;-)

Set up a transfer today at 43..60 BUT................

in progress​

Today at 8:44 am You set up your transfer

• Your money's being processed
    We'll pay it out in the next 2 days.
  • Thursday 10:00 AM
    We pay out your THB
  • Thursday 2:30 PM
    You receive your THB

Service slipping recently!

Back