Milky Mushrooms

What an enjoyable thread. Thanks IsaanAusie. I would be interested to learn more, but being new to this forum business, I am unclear what to do next. Please can you contact me PM and, if you are willing tell me more?

Happy to, but can you give me an idea of what you want me to tell you?

OK the 8th it is! Where? Up to you guys. I will bring some mushrooms for all to try and a few samples of our other stuff. I suppose we need a venue that can cook mushrooms? I could bring some black pepper and molasses dry cured back bacon as well if there is an interest.
Hash it around, lets make a day of it! I will get too tired and emotional (drunk) to drive to far so somewhere near a bed would be good. A cheap bed even better!

A good inexpensive place to stay would be either the Majestic Twin or the Majestic Apartments, both right around 500 baht a night and very close to both Norbie's and The Farang Connection. Stumbling distance either one (a block away from both restaurants). Both have covered parking too. AC, hot water shower, clean and comfy.

The White Elephant, as JohnB suggests, is further away, and I have heard complaints from some who have stayed there recently. Noise, drunken raucous parties of Thai teens in the wee hours, etc.

I'll likely buy one or two of these mushroom sets once I get my growing area behind my townhouse set up in the next month or so. A good idea to come and meet the Surinites at one or both of these watering holes. Hope to meet you there and buy you a beer and have a chat.

Mike

Thanks for the update on White Elephant Resort, Mike.
The good reports I had had were from a while ago so it is good to have latest situation.

Status on the grow boxes.

Hi guys, have had a bit of a rush on the grow boxes but still have a couple of spares ones out of your batch. So I have 6 boxes I can deliver on the 8th (2 spares) if anyone else is interested.
The mycelium is spreading well so I will have them cased and ready to go by Sunday week.
Sorry still no camera.

Hi guys, have had a bit of a rush on the grow boxes but still have a couple of spares ones out of your batch. So I have 6 boxes I can deliver on the 8th (2 spares) if anyone else is interested.
The mycelium is spreading well so I will have them cased and ready to go by Sunday week.
Sorry still no camera.

Anyone else interested?...I think we should try to support this venture.
Look forward to meeting up on the 8th IA.

I'm there for sure, Steve. IsaanAussie did confirm a while ago. Assume all is going according to plan.
In the event of unexpected developments, we can have another beer!

Grow Boxes Ready

Hi Guys, I'm looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow. The grow boxes are cased and ready. Anyone wanting more?

Hi Guys, I'm looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow. The grow boxes are cased and ready. Anyone wanting more?

It seems there will be quite a few guys at Norbie's tomorrow, IsaanAussie. if you have space for an extra box or two, you might make extra sales.

Thanks I'll do that. Casing up another batch today. Might slide in some small packs of worm castings and some fertiliser pellets as well. Both 1kg bags for the princely sum of 30 baht each, you just never know!

Good to meet you and Mrs IsaanAussie today in Norbie's.
The mushrooms you brought with you are certainly impressive. I am going to saute some in olive oil with garlic, onion and basil shortly.
Interesting also to see your organic fertiliser products.
Thanks for coming over to Surin and I hope it proves to have been worthwhile in terms of making your products known to some of the farangs in our town.

Good to meet you and Mrs IsaanAussie today in Norbie's.
The mushrooms you brought with you are certainly impressive. I am going to saute some in olive oil with garlic, onion and basil shortly.
Interesting also to see your organic fertiliser products.
Thanks for coming over to Surin and I hope it proves to have been worthwhile in terms of making your products known to some of the farangs in our town.

Yes indeed. Nice to meet Mr and Mrs Issan Aussie.

Thanks for coming over and showing us what we need to do.

The race is on JohnB and ColinW.:biggrin:

Well guys I still have a few boxes from your batch so I will be comparing your results to my own. Good luck. If you have any questions drop me a message.

Last edited:
Can you grow UK breakfast type mushrooms mate ?
I bought some from Macro once that we're from a mushroom farm in Khorat ,not cheap but very nice indeed .

Can you grow UK breakfast type mushrooms mate ?
I bought some from Macro once that we're from a mushroom farm in Khorat ,not cheap but very nice indeed .

The growing media are very similar to the Milky's. I'll check on the temperature and spawn availability and let you know. I would be keen to grow some.

They sell well mate !

I have just sent out a few emails to some local experts, lets see what happens. One advantage would be they can be packaged for retail sale easily. If I can find a local partner to stock them then things would get easier/cheaper. A place like Norbie's would be good as he could use them in the restaurant as well as sell them. Lets see what happens.

Isaan Aussie and wife,
Can I add to the thanks already expressed by John B and Stevo for bringing the boxes and fertilizer over.
For lunch today I had creamed mushrooms on toast - now to start growing them.
Good to meet you both

Back