Milky Mushrooms

Thanks Isaan Aussie, sounds easy enough. What's the price per box? What kind of weight of mushrooms is likely to be generated by each box and over what period of time?

I think other members here might well be interested and it could eventually be worth your while to bring a delivery to, say, Norbie's or Farang Connection.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
250 baht per box. Expectation 3 to 4 kg of mushrooms, fruiting for 3 months. When is the next time you guys get together?

Sounds good. I'm in for a box. Need some support from other guys on the forum to make a delivery worthwhile for you.

We don't have a regular meeting time....but are always ready to get together for a special event, such as your delivery!

Anyone else want to try this....come on SF members!!

I'll have a couple of boxes.

Need to let me know when. Maybe we could do same time as a Sunday meet in Norbies?????

So that's 4 boxes so far...
Steve O x2
John B x1
Colin W x1
Any more?

That makes 48 bottles of Leo you have to drink IsaanAussie...so far!

Thanks John

I better start drinking then.
Starting a bunch of new boxes tomorrow so the more the merrier.

If anyone is interested in fresh mushrooms we sell them at 150 baht per kg. Or 40 baht for 250 grams. Let me know.

Worm castings at 30baht per kg pack
Organic fertiliser also 30 per kg pack or a 400 baht for a 30kg sack.

Thanks for the update IsaanAussie.

Are you OK to come all the way to Surin with just the 4 boxes?
What's the alternative?
I was hoping more Surinites would have signed up to make it more worth your while.

John,
If I want to sell my products I need to know the market and supply it. The wife and I will take a day's break so no problem.
Again thanks for the opportunity.

OK, that's great IssanAussie.

Can we confirm a date, time and place for delivery soon. I know that SteveO lives quite a way from Surin and will want to combine his collection with other business he might have to do here.

Didn't you suggest Sunday 8th September?
How's that for you Steve?

OK the 8th it is! Where? Up to you guys. I will bring some mushrooms for all to try and a few samples of our other stuff. I suppose we need a venue that can cook mushrooms? I could bring some black pepper and molasses dry cured back bacon as well if there is an interest.
Hash it around, lets make a day of it! I will get too tired and emotional (drunk) to drive to far so somewhere near a bed would be good. A cheap bed even better!

IsaanAussie,

One of your customers, SteveO, will be delivering goods of his own to Surin on Sunday 8th. He delivers to two farang restaurant/bars here, Norbies at 14h00 and Farang Connection at 15h00.

If I might be so bold, I would suggest you try to turn up at both venues at the same times. There will be other farangs there collecting goods from Steve as well as those of us that have ordered mushroom boxes from you and it would be a chance to display your wares to a rather wider Surin audience!

SteveO....hope that makes sense, is accurate and is agreeable to you.

IsaanAussie...the flaw in the plan is that it is unlikely the two restaurants will want you frying up mushrooms in their kitchens so you might well have to reconsider that part of the plan.

In terms of a reasonably priced place to stay for the night, I would recommend the White Elephant Resort. Close to centre of town. Good clean rooms, swimming pool, around 500 a night last time I looked. If you want I can check and book for you.

Any more grow-boxes of mushrooms required guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's Big Boys. These two mushrooms where fused together and weighed in at 800 grams. What is interesting is that is heavier than the substrate they grew from. Biological efficiency above 100%, seems those guys were right!

Attachments

• Snapshot_20130822.JPG
    Snapshot_20130822.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 0
Mushroom production

What an enjoyable thread. Thanks IsaanAusie. I would be interested to learn more, but being new to this forum business, I am unclear what to do next. Please can you contact me PM and, if you are willing tell me more?

You can order a box....delivery Surin, Norbie's, 2pm 8th September.

Back