Celebration @ Living Room 55 - 21st September Late Afternoon/Early Evening

T

tedbaker

All,

We are hoping to do a 1 month opening do/birthday (Ted Baker's, Brendan's or Harry's birthday however you know me - which is today September 11th) celebration @ Living Room 55 on the weekend following the opening 1mth anniversary (opened August 17th) on Saturday 21st September evening/late afternoon - probably around 3,4 pm start, not sure yet.

We will provide some free food - buffet/finger style food.

We would welcome suggestions on food to offer and music to play?

We would also appreciate it if people could mention that they plan to attend so that we can plan for a rough number.

We are thinking the actual food menu will be off for this day (although I believe samples will be provided in the buffet) as we will be unable to provide it adequately with all the other stuff going on.

We were planning to do this this weekend coming but unfortunately I have to renew my visa and that would take up time needed to prepare the food and you never know I might not get let back in :)

I will confirm all this completely after I return from my visa run this weekend!

Thanks to all that reply in advance

Brendan/Ted Baker/Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great :) count me and the mrs in .

Alan, we really need to get some more SF Banners. The printer nr Goodview may still have a template like I delivered to Starbeams (The dark banners)

The Living Room
N&N restaurant
Staffords
Lemon Lounge
Ryans Resort
My Corner (Coffee Corner)
Corner café/Thai Apartments
M&D Coffee shop
Livin in the Past
Time Out
+

I'm sure our sponsors would be happy to promote the site and put up a poster.

Congratulations Brendon,

My wife & I will plan on attending.

I, also, will be in to say hello in a few days and share a few libations and try some of your highly recommended foods, as soon as return from Bangkok.

Happy BD Brandon aka Ted Baker, Harry

Wishing you a wonderful birthday though belated !

Have a safe adventure on your visa run.

Chin up Brendan...Nottingham may take the trophy one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

We are hoping to do a 1 month opening do/birthday (Ted Baker's, Brendan's or Harry's birthday however you know me - which is today September 11th) celebration @ Living Room 55 on the weekend following the opening 1mth anniversary (opened August 17th) on Saturday 21st September evening/late afternoon - probably around 3,4 pm start, not sure yet.

We will provide some free food - buffet/finger style food.

We would welcome suggestions on food to offer and music to play?

We would also appreciate it if people could mention that they plan to attend so that we can plan for a rough number.

We are thinking the actual food menu will be off for this day (although I believe samples will be provided in the buffet) as we will be unable to provide it adequately with all the other stuff going on.

We were planning to do this this weekend coming but unfortunately I have to renew my visa and that would take up time needed to prepare the food and you never know I might not get let back in :)

I will confirm all this completely after I return from my visa run this weekend!

Thanks to all that reply in advance

Brendan/Ted Baker/Harry

I'll be there. Give us a solid time so we don't show up too early. Will be by again likely tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon as well. Want one of those lasagnas you are doing. :)

Mike

At least you didn't call me English or Irish. Or worse still, an American.

An American is defined as, "Over paid, over sexed and over here". At least it was in the UK during the last war.

"over paid, over sexed and over here"

An American is defined as, "Over paid, over sexed and over here". At least it was in the UK during the last war.

Excellent reply referring WW2 !
Maybe the Yanks were just repaying the kindness that King George's 'red-coated' army 'injected' 200 years previous. :redface: + Oops5 (IMHO).

No worries as I'll fondly recall a family story.
:rolleyes:
My Uncle was stationed in the "Pacific War Theatre."

My Uncle communicated to my father (most likely by telegram) to meet the most beautiful blonde "he'll ever see coming off the train from LA" (on such and such a date) at New York's Grand Central Station in 1945 as he was awaiting his 'de-listment' from the the Army as Pacific hostilities had come to an end following the formal 'truce of peace' signed by the Japanese.

My beautiful, platinum-blonde Aunt Faye came from Australia and was happily married to Uncle Ralph for 50 years.

My understanding of that fact was never brought clearly to my attention until much later in life. (She was such a great cook I thought if anything she might have been Italian;-))
Fortunately, I got the chance to visit her family (two brothers, their wives and children) 'down under' in 1997 after she had passed away.

Back