Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

You have gone through way too much rain water.

I thought I would do a calculation to see if I am using "way too much rain water"

I have 22 tanks x 1,500L
4 rainwater tanks reserved for drinking
2 buffer tanks from the solar well pump

That leaves 16 tanks x 1,500L = 24,000L consumed between the last rain on 14th October 2019 until 9th Jan - approx 3 months

3 months = 8,000‬L/m
PWA units are 1m3 =฿10.2
1m3= 1,000L

So if I had been buying my water from PWA it would have cost me ฿81.6 per month in water consumed. I wonder how that compares to other people's usage?

Irrelevant of the cost, we use in the order of 7 m3/month on average.
Yorkie, I've been away from math for awhile and don't understand your post, so help me with your amount used on average: 7 m3/month is how many litres??

I cubic metre is 1,000 litres, so 7 cubic metres would be 7,000 litres.
If you have a 1,000 litre tank, that would be 7 tanksful in the month.
That's very nearly 230 litres a day, or just over 60.75 US gallons a day. (So, 50.59 Imperial gallons per day.)

And I thought the Poms only showered on Saturday.
I would if I could get away with it. However, chief nagger tells me I must shower at least twice per day or risk being banished to the dog house. :eek::eek::eek:

As a family of 4, one male and 3 female, our water consumption remains steady throughout the year at some 22,000 litres per month at a cost of 393 baht. This makes the cost some ฿18 per cubic metre (393/22,000). Nearly double the cost per unit of the price quoted by @Bandersnatch.

Nine hospitals in provinces suffer impact from drought

By The Nation

Nine hospitals in Surin and Chaiyaphum provinces have been seriously affected by the drought, Health Ministry spokesman Dr Rungrueng Kitphati said.

All the nine hospitals have been notified to contact the water coordinating agencies in their areas to look for a reserve water source and prepare to drill artesian wells in order to have sufficient water.

Dr Rungrueng Kitphati

Dr Rungrueng said that Prasart Hospital in Surin province was located in an area that risked suffering from shortage of drinking water. The Surin Provincial Public Health Office is coordinating with local agencies to bring machines for drilling four artesian wells.

In Chaiyaphum, eight hospitals -- Phakdi Chumphon, Kaset Sombun, Nong Bua Daeng, Sap Yai, Phu Khiao, Chalermprakiet, Thep Sathit Khon San, and Ban Thaen -- are at risk of impact from the drought.

The Chaiyaphum Provincial Public Health Office is preparing to drill artesian wells to implement the measures of the Ministry of Public Health by reserving water for use for medical services and sufficient staff consumption for at least three days and requesting citizens to help save water. The hospitals are open for service as usual.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380811
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1144201-nine-hospitals-in-provinces-suffer-impact-from-drought/

As a family of 4, one male and 3 female, our water consumption remains steady throughout the year at some 22,000 litres per month at a cost of 393 baht. This makes the cost some ฿18 per cubic metre (393/22,000). Nearly double the cost per unit of the price quoted by @Bandersnatch.

The price of water does vary depending upon how much you use :https://en.pwa.co.th/contents/service/table-price
TSQHWcF.jpg

At ฿10 for 1,000 L. Water is too cheap in Thailand and that is why it is being wasted

The image in GL's post 733 shows the end of the reservoir nearest to the Princess project where river-like channels were dredged out last year.
The Elephant and Castle (Surin News & Events) - ช้างและปราสาท (ข่าวของสุรินทร์) article and video is far less pessimistic, stating that there will be no water crisis this year:
upload_2020-1-25_0-1-4.png

Further dredging was carried out in the area by the end of the "pier" and that increased the depth of water available around the pump quite significantly.

We'll find out soon enough though...

Back