Rain?

Just waiting for electric to go off.

We get very few power cuts here these days. A few 5 second bursts now and again (sufficient to interrupt non-resumable downloads on the desktop) but other than that, not a major problem.

We get very few power cuts here these days. A few 5 second bursts now and again (sufficient to interrupt non-resumable downloads on the desktop) but other than that, not a major problem.
I agree with what you say but I am not brave enough to say it. Over here the outages are usually less than a few milliseconds. They're just enough to rest the aircon and computer but not really an inconvenience.

When the lines get hit by lightning they do an automatic cut and reconnect they will do that at a second or two then 10 seconds then around 30 seconds the system automatically is checking to see if the poor sod across it has been blown off yet. If not it stays down until a manual reset to see if that poor sod is cooked yet. If it does not reset manually it stays off until it is investigated where the short is.
Never go near downed lines they may reactivate at any time.

I have seen on many occasions in Pattaya, those downed lines don't mix well with flooded streets.

Time to buy a new rain gauge

iTW0DqD.jpg

Where Wombat lives in Queensland, it can receive 300mm in a day.

When I designed the guttering size for my house, I knocked up a rain gauge out of a coffee jar and a funnel. Although it only rained heavy for 15 minutes it indicated that the gutters on our largest roof could need to be capable of handling 6 tonnes of water in one hour.

Where Wombat lives in Queensland, it can receive 300mm in a day.

I suppose it can but it would be extremely rare as it has never happened before. You do know he is in Hervey Bay not Innisfail. :D

I suppose it can but it would be extremely rare as it has never happened before. You do know he is in Hervey Bay not Innisfail. :D
It has in my time living in Qld..but then again, I'm not an expert on everything!

It has in my time living in Qld..but then again, I'm not an expert on everything!

That's understandable that you think that. Most people have no real idea. The maximum for that region of Queensland is 200 mm.

Back