Visa Agent Surin

Pick up my one year marriage visa tomorrow at 2 p.m. 5k baht and 5 pieces of docs and 2 passport photos. Easy and painless, reconnected with our minivan driver, lovely man, went to eat by a waterfall while waiting for the rooms to be ready. 2 beer Lao and a load of delicious foods overlooking a HUGE lake. Pleasant and relaxing day.

Pick up my one year marriage visa tomorrow at 2 p.m. 5k baht and 5 pieces of docs and 2 passport photos. Easy and painless, reconnected with our minivan driver, lovely man, went to eat by a waterfall while waiting for the rooms to be ready. 2 beer Lao and a load of delicious foods overlooking a HUGE lake. Pleasant and relaxing day.

Sounds good Cent........where do you your 90 day exits? Chong Chom presumably?

I try to make all the BS we have to go through a bit of fun, as stress free as possible, a small holiday even. Some time to do something a bit different. Time's too short to let it all mess with your head and get upset about. I've been here long enough to figure out how to do so. My way. Screw it and relax as much as you can playing their silly head games.

Pick up my one-year marriage visa tomorrow at 2 p.m. 5k baht and 5 pieces of docs and 2 passport photos. Easy and painless, reconnected with our minivan driver, a lovely man, and went to eat by a waterfall while waiting for the rooms to be ready. 2 beer Lao and a load of delicious foods overlooking a HUGE lake. Pleasant and relaxing day.
For those opting for the Savannakhet option, do not plan on taking in your application on Mondays as that is the visa run day and you will not be served. There is a motorcycle rental shop directly across the street from the Thai consulate and they have all the forms, a photocopy machine and review your application for you. Arrive early to drop your application off at the consulate and receive your visa at 2 pm the next day.

Old town Savannakhet is very nice, the food is great, especially the bread and a large bottle of Beer Lao is roughly 25 baht.

This is not for me, it's not my style.
May be interesting to some that have made inquiries about local Visa help.
Me thinkha there are deep pockets all over Thailand.
Just saw this on FB, Secure your Retirement Visa Renewal with J&E Concierge team! Visa renewal all over Thailand .

Visa agents are not my style either, and I will add, why spend thousands of baht for what should be a fairly cheap 1,900 baht once per year if you do it yourself? I do not know how much Visa agents charge for their services, but I doubt if you get too much change from 15,000 baht. I have been renewing my permission to stay in Thailand for the past 19 years or so. Yes, the requirements seem to change from year to year but, generally speaking, renewing one's permission to stay is a relatively painless affair, especially if you have taken the time and made the effort to prepare your application.

The same can be said for those that prefer the border run to Savannakhet, why pay a couple of thousand baht to get there, with an overnight in Mukhdahan, and an overnight in Savannakhet, followed by a 5,000 baht fee for the "Marriage Visa"? And then, visa in hand, scurry south to Chom Chong every 90 days for an overnighter in the wilds of Cambodia. What does that cost? A couple of thousand for the visa re-entry stamp plus accommodation and spending money for one night in Cambodia. Repeat 3 times a year. No, it makes no sense to me to be shelling out big money when 1,900 baht once per year is the cheap and easy alternative.

....visa re-entry stamp plus accommodation and spending money for one night in Cambodia. Repeat 3 times a year. No, it makes no sense to me to be shelling out big money when 1,900 baht once per year is the cheap and easy alternative.

Small point @nomad97: A Thai re-entry permit is not required when border hopping with a multi-entry visa. However, you will still need a Cambodian visa (c. ฿1,000.00) plus a bung if you wish to return the same day (I don't know how much that is these days).

Not being personally involved in the need for Visas and extensions, it is my understanding that those using agents do so for the simple fact that they do not have either the required 400,000Baht or 800,000Baht Have the money available and properly seasoned, then DIY is quite obviously the best way to go.

Visa agents are not my style either, and I will add, why spend thousands of baht for what should be a fairly cheap 1,900 baht once per year if you do it yourself? I do not know how much Visa agents charge for their services, but I doubt if you get too much change from 15,000 baht. I have been renewing my permission to stay in Thailand for the past 19 years or so. Yes, the requirements seem to change from year to year but, generally speaking, renewing one's permission to stay is a relatively painless affair, especially if you have taken the time and made the effort to prepare your application.

The same can be said for those that prefer the border run to Savannakhet, why pay a couple of thousand baht to get there, with an overnight in Mukhdahan, and an overnight in Savannakhet, followed by a 5,000 baht fee for the "Marriage Visa"? And then, visa in hand, scurry south to Chom Chong every 90 days for an overnighter in the wilds of Cambodia. What does that cost? A couple of thousand for the visa re-entry stamp plus accommodation and spending money for one night in Cambodia. Repeat 3 times a year. No, it makes no sense to me to be shelling out big money when 1,900 baht once per year is the cheap and easy alternative.

Nomad, you do understand that most of the people, going to Savannakhet, are not able to evidence the financial requirements for an extension.

Some do like the flexibility of what a multi-entry visa offers; I loved mine when I got them by post from Hull - it made it easy to travel around and I didn't have to address report, or deal with Immigration. I also saved the 3,800 Baht for a multiple reentry permit.

Nomad, you do understand that most of the people, going to Savannakhet, are not able to evidence the financial requirements for an extension.

Some do like the flexibility of what a multi-entry visa offers; I loved mine when I got them by post from Hull - it made it easy to travel around and I didn't have to address report, or deal with Immigration. I also saved the 3,800 Baht for a multiple reentry permit.
I suppose the same can be said of the use of Visa agents.

Yes, I have known a few friends that used to do the monthly border runs to Chom Chong until Immigration put a stop to that. They were living on less than 30,000 baht per month. Some were forced to relocate to the Philippines where the financial requirements were not so onerous.

For those opting for the Savannakhet option, do not plan on taking in your application on Mondays as that is the visa run day and you will not be served. There is a motorcycle rental shop directly across the street from the Thai consulate and they have all the forms, a photocopy machine and review your application for you. Arrive early to drop your application off at the consulate and receive your visa at 2 pm the next day.

Old town Savannakhet is very nice, the food is great, especially the bread and a large bottle of Beer Lao is roughly 25 baht.
Just a heads up. Here in Savannakhet at the moment most of the coffee/breakfast shops are closed down and vacant even. Many did not survive the Covid shut downs. Had to search out a place 3 blocks away just for a coffee and a croissant. The hotel had nothing to offer, not even instant 3 and 1 coffee. Just a couple noodle stalls were open. Sheesh.

Just a heads up. Here in Savannakhet at the moment most of the coffee/breakfast shops are closed down and vacant even. Many did not survive the Covid shut downs. Had to search out a place 3 blocks away just for a coffee and a croissant. The hotel had nothing to offer, not even instant 3 and 1 coffee. Just a couple noodle stalls were open. Sheesh.
Never mind breakfast. What about the night before............wine, women and song?

Not being personally involved in the need for Visas and extensions, it is my understanding that those using agents do so for the simple fact that they do not have either the required 400,000Baht or 800,000Baht Have the money available and properly seasoned, then DIY is quite obviously the best way to go.

I have friends who can meet the financial requirements but hate dealing with Immigration. Not many, but multiple.

Back