German restaraunt near Starbeams

She also does Spaetzle (German noodles), which I prefer to the roast/fried potatoes at times. She'll let you substitute the Spaetzle for the potatoes in any dish as well. Good stuff. Her potato soup with farmer sausage is very good too.

Mike

Last edited:
I think the food there is great and very reasonable prices. The potato soup with hunters sausage is priced at 49 baht. I usually get a couple to go. They freeze well. The chicken cordon bleu is priced at 139 baht and comes with choice of roasted potatoes or spaetzle. Gravy boat at no extra charge if you ask. Highly recommended.

WoH

Looks good!

Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

I went there a couple of times a week..especially when Mike was closed on a Tuesday. It became a problem after a while as the owner doesn't always turn up and open when you'd expect it to be open. I made the unfortunate choice of dining there after she'd been closed for a couple of weeks...first time I've sprayed from both ends since I've been living here. She certainly didn't waste whatever she used from the fridge during her absence. I will give it a go again (when I get the nerve) as the food is well described in all the latter posts.

I went there a couple of times a week..especially when Mike was closed on a Tuesday. It became a problem after a while as the owner doesn't always turn up and open when you'd expect it to be open. I made the unfortunate choice of dining there after she'd been closed for a couple of weeks...first time I've sprayed from both ends since I've been living here. She certainly didn't waste whatever she used from the fridge during her absence. I will give it a go again (when I get the nerve) as the food is well described in all the latter posts.

That would put me off for life mate.

Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

So far so good eating at this joint. For me personally, it's a a major improvement over that other place that shall remain nameless. At Knipe, at least the staff are friendly, don't insult Thai people and try their best to provide you with good food and service. My only caveat, if they are busy, more than two tables I'm afraid to say then your wait for food can seem like a long time and getting your tab can be a hassle but that all being said, the food is great, there's lots of it and for sure IMO the prices are very reasonable.

I cannot agree

Sorry, but this happened to me a view days ago.

The restaurant looks nice and clean.

The Curry-Wurst was OK for Surin, Thailand. Not the same like in Germany, but OK.

The Jaegerschnitzel was disappointing to me. The topping, usually a sauce with lots of mushrooms, was not to define and not good. The Schnitzel itself was burned black partitially, so are the baked potatoes. I could not eat it. Only the dogs could.

A bad day for the cook? So for this visit ShitHappens1

Well i'm blowed, a farmers sausage.:eek:

th

Been there once AND never again will i darken their door....absolute crap....said it before and will say it again , there isn`t a proper restaurant this side of Korat, or maybe i`m just used to better standards..

Been there once AND never again will i darken their door....absolute crap....said it before and will say it again , there isn`t a proper restaurant this side of Korat, or maybe i`m just used to better standards..

Never lower your standards .ThumbUp6

Back