German restaraunt near Starbeams

I like the place it's cheap and cheerfull foods always been nice .
The lady that runs it is a Thai who has a German husband I have never seen him
There . It's not an extra special fancy place but its clean and I have had no probs with the food :) its more like a cafe .
She's a friendly lady always polite , hey I guess you can't please everyone .
But this is the North East of Thailand .

Last edited:
Still one of my go to places here in Surin. The owner and her one helper do their best to take of customers needs. It can slow down service wise when there are more than 3 tables but because her food is so good and reasonably priced I can be more forgiving. I do enjoy a good German style meal and since I would rather eat rat poison than patronize That Other Place, Kniepe is where I will spend my baht. Combined with Starbeam next door Surin Pakdee Road has a lot going for it, food wise.

Still one of my go to places here in Surin. The owner and her one helper do their best to take of customers needs. It can slow down service wise when there are more than 3 tables but because her food is so good and reasonably priced I can be more forgiving. I do enjoy a good German style meal and since I would rather eat rat poison than patronize That Other Place, Kniepe is where I will spend my baht. Combined with Starbeam next door Surin Pakdee Road has a lot going for it, food wise.

Supposedly a new Thai restaurant will open soon where the used car shop was just down from the Snerna pub next to us. I've no idea yet what they will be doing, but just heard about this the other day.

Mike

Well i'm blowed, a farmers sausage.:eek:

th

This is what I am talking about. Rather like a Bratwurst. Very tasty. If she had this plate and some spicy German mustard I'd eat there a couple times a week. I like sauerkraut with this, and some thick sliced dark, heavy, German bread with unsalted butter as well. :) I do like her potato soup, as well as a few other dishes she does. I've always liked German food (and their beers), and eat some on occasion here in Surin.

Bauernwurst-450x300.jpg

"The Farmers sausage—a German favorite. It has a coarse texture, and Old World combinations of mustard seeds and marjoram provide a spicy flavor. Preheated with sauerkraut, pan fried with potato salad or on a bun—always a “Sausage Delight.” Bauernwurst is also delicious in vegetable, lentil or potato soup."

Last edited:
Food looks great! I would have to sample it without my misses though, after eating in the "other" German restaurant she doesn't want to try German food ever again.

Food looks great! I would have to sample it without my misses though, after eating in the "other" German restaurant she doesn't want to try German food ever again.

Tell her its French! 55555555555555555

Lol. It was the one in the Dusit In Silom, can't remember the name of the place, Chez Alan ;-) or something. Too pricey for me.

This German lestolant and Starbeams do they have desent thai food too?
Always seams to be the problem if i like some where to eat my wife doesnt and the other way around!

Always seams to be the problem if i like some where to eat my wife doesnt and the other way around!

crazyswede,

We serve a large assortment of Thai dishes and have a very good extensive Thai menu. Our Thai food is delicious in my opinion, and many Thais opinions. Before opening Starbeam's in its current incarnation we had a small Thai restaurant for 12 years by the Surin government hospital on soi Saboran with a mostly all Thai clientele. One reason I started Starbeam's is just because of the same reason you state. I wanted a restaurant that served both good western foods and good Thai foods so the many mixed couples, Thai and western, would have many choices of dishes they could both be happy with. Come by with your wife and try it out. I'm sure she'll enjoy the foods we offer.

Mike

The Thai food is good in the German also in Starbeams .
To be honest I think the German place sells more Thai food than German food .

Back