German restaraunt near Starbeams

.. One reason I started Starbeam's is just because of the same reason you state. I wanted a restaurant that served both good western foods and good Thai foods so the many mixed couples, Thai and western, would have many choices of dishes they could both be happy with. Come by with your wife and try it out. I'm sure she'll enjoy the foods we offer.

Mike

Sounds great guys , i think we have to check it out some day .. even if wifie is brought up in these parts of Thailand she dont know much about Surin .. it´s just a place with a busstation and some where to start travel to BKK for many of them out here. 555 :cool:

The Thai food is good in the German also in Starbeams .
To be honest I think the German place sells more Thai food than German food .

A couple of pics of the German Restaurant near Starbeam's. It is 2 buildings to the left of Starbeam's if you are facing the restaurant. Name is O'SRI KNEIPE. Good place. Clean and new, fans, flat screen TV on the back wall. She has good German food and beer. Nice lady. They are closed on Monday's each week. I believe she opens around 8 or 9 in the morning. I'll check later.

DSCF4075.jpg

DSCF4074-1.jpg

Has anyone tried the goulash? I highly recommend it. It comes with spatzl or you can change it for the roast potatoes. Damn good grub and 50 baht Leo's too.

Great , then i dont have to miss the sh*ty little resturant at Beach Rd. / Patts anymore .. about the LEO i dont know , it needs to be a serious drought before i order one of those! 555 :cool:

Has anyone tried the goulash? I highly recommend it. It comes with spatzl or you can change it for the roast potatoes. Damn good grub and 50 baht Leo's too.

I've had the beef goulash three weeks in a row now (on my Tuesday day off). Very tasty, and very tender beef. Nice gravy too. I love spatzl myself, rather than the usual roast potatoes.

Mike

How about just going to Knipe Restaurant and seeing for yourself what is on the menu?

With food other than ones native food, it is often difficult to know what to anticipate will arrive. Pictures help decision making, and therefore it would assist if menu names were given to Alan's excellent pictures. Prices just satisfy curiosity.

OK, I went next door and borrowed her menu so I can show you guys what she has and how much it is (prices subject to change due to market prices).

O'SRI KNEIPE
Tel: 080-718-3029

CLOSED on Mondays

Menu

Breakfast - ham, egg, bacon, toast coffee/tea ----------------------------------------------------------------- 100 baht

Lunch and Dinner

1. Rice soup with farmer sausage ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 50 baht
2. Potato soup with farmer sausage ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 60 baht
3. Escalope Viennese style (schnitzel) with roast potatoes ------------------------------------------------------ 110 baht
4. Curry sausage and french fries ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 110 baht
5. Meatloaf with homemade pasta (spatzle) --------------------------------------------------------------------- 99 baht
6. Ham and egg on special pasta (spatzle) or roast potato ------------------------------------------------------ 140 baht
7. Roast pork with home made pasta (spatzle) ----------------------------------------------------------------- 149 baht
8. Goulasch with homemade pasta (spatzle) -------------------------------------------------------------------- 149 baht
9. Viennese escalope stuffed with ham and cheese with roast potato (cordon bleu)------------------------------- 149 baht
10. (Jagerschnitzel) Escalope hunting style with roast potato --------------------------------------------------- 149 baht
11. Fried Snapper filet with special kind of homemade pasta (spatzle) -------------------------------------------- 149 baht
12. Cut filet in wine sauce with special kind of homemade pasta (spatzle) ---------------------------------------- 160 baht
13. Roast lamb with mashed potato and red cabbage ------------------------------------------------------------ 260 baht
14. Smoked pork chop and farmer sausage with sauerkraut & mashed potato ------------------------------------- 190 baht
16. Mixed salad ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 40 baht

They also have a Thai menu. Check it out when you get there. I'm not writing it all down brothers. :)

The menu is a bit of a mess so I can't figure the damn thing out, but her beer and wine prices are very competitive.

Gin & tonic ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 90 baht
Vodka & orange ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 120 baht
Vodka lemon/lime ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 120 baht
Spy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 40 baht
Regency (bottle) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 300 baht
Pear & apple brandy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 120 baht
Cherry brandy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 120 baht
Pear brandy --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 150 baht

Mike

Last edited:

She also does things that are not on the menu , and mix and match to .

Ok here we go .

Top left - Chicken Gordon Bleu with fried potatoes .

Top right 14. Smoked pork chop and farmer sausage with sauerkraut & mashed potato ------------------------------------- 190 baht (changed or French fries )

Bottom left Chicken Gordon Bleu with French Fries .

Bottom right -5. Meatloaf with homemade pasta (spatzle) --------------------------------------------------------------------- 99 baht

P-S the German restaurant is run by a lady with only one helper they try there best and will try to please you if poss ,but it is a simple affair home cooking -full plate .

She also does things that are not on the menu , and mix and match to .

Ok here we go .

Top left - Chicken Gordon Bleu with fried potatoes .

Top right 14. Smoked pork chop and farmer sausage with sauerkraut & mashed potato ------------------------------------- 190 baht (changed or French fries )

Bottom left Chicken Gordon Bleu with French Fries .

Bottom right -5. Meatloaf with homemade pasta (spatzle) --------------------------------------------------------------------- 99 baht

P-S the German restaurant is run by a lady with only one helper they try there best and will try to please you if poss ,but it is a simple affair home cooking -full plate .

No problem for me, Alan. She's not my competition really (German foods), she's a nice friendly woman who is polite and treats me, my wife and our staff well, she serves some good foods I enjoy, has German beers which I also enjoy on occasion too, and brings more custom to the street. There's supposed to be a Thai restaurant opening soon just a few doors down the other way from us. I'd actually like to see this soi become the new area for restaurants and bars and such. It has potential, and is in a much cleaner, and much more visually and aesthetically pleasant a soi than the bus depot area I think, with less crowding of buildings, more greenery with usually a bit of a breeze due to it not being crammed with buildings on all sides of the street. And, it has PLENTY of parking all day long. I wish the Jah Bar was on the street and a few other drinking establishments. :) We do have the Snerna Pub next door, but that starts rocking later in the evening, usually around 10 p.m. when we are closing.

By the way, her Beef Goulash with homemade pasta (spatzle) for 149 baht is one of my favorites, as well as her potato soup with farmer sausage. Get some on my day off usually every week. Very tender beef, I love the gravy, and I am a fan of homemade spatzle myself. Convenient as well, as she is right next door. :)

Mike

Last edited:
Back