90 day report by internet at KCI.

You wouldn't like to try to do it for me would you? There's a beer or two in it for you!

[Has to be before 24th February)
unfortunately it has to be completed a min of 15 days before expiry if you try to do it now it wont allow you as the date is too close go to www.immigration.go.th have a look at the site i can give you a hand to do the next one no problem best to do about 18 days before you got to report seems to work best on line so far

My reporting date is 1st March.

[And I believe it's between 15 and 8 days before the due date]

Can I ask a very stupid question. Given that a extension based on marriage or retirement you need a PERMANENT address. Why the fork do they need to know if you have moved in the last 3 months.
You have to prove for your visa that you will not move and have a PERMANENT address. They even come out and make sure you have a PERMANENT address.

Fork it don't answer. I know the answer already!!!!!

Rice, once you've obtained your extension you are allowed to move to another location. Albeit you must report your new location "immediately".

I'm fairly sure that most never report the new address until they're close to making another extension.
Sooo...if the po-po were looking for them they would be looking at the incorrect , old location.

I'm not sure that you are required to have a permanent address in Thailand to obtain an extension of stay. Obviously you are required to register an address but on condition that you re-register your address if and when you re-locate I think that is acceptable (not sure if that works during the "extension awaiting approval" period though).

Rice, once you've obtained your extension you are allowed to move to another location. Albeit you must report your new location "immediately".
I'm fairly sure that most never report the new address until they're close to making another extension.
Sooo...if the po-po were looking for them they would be looking at the incorrect , old location.

I appreciate that it's a stupid question Coffee, but why, after 16 years at the same address (recorded yearly by my extension applications [Edit - 90 day reporting] and TM cards) are they intent on visiting to prove that I live here? I am receiving extensions based upon retirement in Thailand so why would I ever need to disguise the fact that I have a different address if I re-locate?

Yorky,
1) has IMM ever visited you previously to validate your supposed address?
2) is the title of your residence property in your name? (Of course not so there's in no legal verification that you actually reside at that property , is there?)
3) these are questions you should inquire at KCI...not free advice from moi ;)

Answers:

1) Not ever - so why should they need to visit now after 16 years?

2) Of course it's not. And it hasn't been for 16 years, so why haven't they checked this before? For information, I have had driving licences for 12 years detailing my address (which KCI has confirmed in order for me to obtain them) and also I have a yellow Tabian Baan.

3) Have you ever spoken to the IO's at KCI and had a sensible answer to any serious questions?

One has to remember when Joe asked why KCI were doing these checks and was told it was because of the Erawan Shrine bombing.

Yorky , please read my post in "Extending Pemission to Stay" thread.

All you want to recall is what Joe posted regarding the Erawan Shrine.

You've been here 16 years and refuse to elicit a reply directly from KCI , why?

I well understand that in many situations
a Thai official is never going to explain their actions to anyone who is not a superior officer - particularly a farang.

16 years ! If you inquired in Thai I'll bet your questions would be received with enthusiasm. ;)

All you want to recall is what Joe posted regarding the Erawan Shrine.

I can recall many answers to questions asked to IO's. And seriously not many of them made much sense (at least to me). Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

Another point here. Andychondriac speaks very good Khmer (well, he thinks he does). He complained to the IO a few weeks ago and was sent to the back of the queue.

Agreed. You chose LOS. Maybe you're expecting too much.
"LOVE YOU LONG TIME, DAH-LING."

Agreed. You chose LOS. Maybe you're expecting too much.

Of course I'm expecting too much. I sadly and wrongly expected that if I complied with the law I should be permitted to stay here without recourse to [CENSORED]. TV George taught me that.

I'm not sure that you are required to have a permanent address in Thailand to obtain an extension of stay. Obviously you are required to register an address but on condition that you re-register your address if and when you re-locate I think that is acceptable (not sure if that works during the "extension awaiting approval" period though).

I have a whole new story of woe. It must be my face. I went to Immi 1 and got refused because my lease at my apartment was not more then three months. I excepted that with quiet indignation then they got stuck into me. I can't go into it now. I still have a bad taste in my mouth. I have made a fatal mistake in knowing too much Thai. There was just no reason to it. I got 60 days.
It is yet another wonderful story. I have to go back to Aust anyway and I was testing the waters.
BTW one month consideration and visits are all the go now. The crowds have thinned quite a lot. The facilitators were absent except for one Pakistan fellow only, doing about 4 guys.
All the Indians and Nigerians were also absent.

OK only took 10 minutes I was 3rd in line. I got there about 15 minutes later than I usually do because of the roadworks in Prasat.

I got there about 15 minutes later than I usually do because of the roadworks in Prasat.

Would it be worth going via Sangkha to by-pass the roadworks? I appreciate that it's much further but at least it's a change of scenery.

Back