90 day report

It's all exciting fun days here in Kohplaat!

Around 16:30 today my wife answered my telephone as it was an "unknown" number. The lady said she was from Kap Cheong Immigration and wished to check my passport number. My wife, being terrified of scammers, would not tell her and hung up. She would go to Surin Immigration tomorrow to check the authenticity of the call. I rang the number back and asked her to tell me my passport number (I received acceptance of my 90 report application only yesterday). She couldn't give me the number but asked if it was acceptable for Immigration Police to call to my house. No problem, I said (I have only a little to hide). 30 minutes ago a squad car pulled up outside our house and three Police Officers were at the gate!

Apparently, they have had the same problems as @nomad97 and their data was corrupt/out of date. It was sorted within minutes and they left to visit the other 149 Farangs which were on their list.

It certainly gave the neighbours something to talk about!

NE1 posted on ThaiVisa:

"I had exactly the same with Ratchaburi Immigration today. The phone call which my Mrs thought was dodgy , then for the first time in 26 years a visit from our Immigration police , they said that the last yearly ext. I did finished last year , and their system had no record of a new one."

If I SAID I REPORTED ON LINE, I REPORTED ONLINE, as evidenced by the email below. I was 7 days late too.

View attachment 61638

No need to shout - capitals are poor netiquette.

There is NO grace period for reporting online. Thai Immigration rules (and everybody else's accounts) confirm this.

You are either an anomaly, you got your dates wrong - or Immigration F*cked up. Perm any one from 3 - this is Thailand.

No need to shout - capitals are poor netiquette.

There is NO grace period for reporting online. Thai Immigration rules (and everybody else's accounts) confirm this.

You are either an anomaly, you got your dates wrong - or Immigration F*cked up. Perm any one from 3 - this is Thailand.
Clearly there was a need to shout because you were not listening. I did report online, I did not get my dates wrong, I was 7 days past the reporting date, my application was approved, and I was not fined. End of.

Clearly there was a need to shout because you were not listening. I did report online, I did not get my dates wrong, I was 7 days past the reporting date, my application was approved, and I was not fined. End of.
Not end of.

It shouldn't have happened...that makes it marginally interesting.

Listen to this one........................

I love the 90 day online reporting system; one of the best initiatives to come out of Thai Immigration IMO.

However, it is flawed - often in my favour.

Today I received the usual email advising me that I needed to do a 90 day report. An excellent reminder and something that I hope @nomad97 gets in about two months time.

It should not have been sent. There is the first flaw in the system - Thai Immigration entry points are not linked to the 90 day reporting system.. I returned to Thailand on 23rd February and a 90 day report was not due until 24th May. As an aside, I am leaving the country on 26th May so I knew that I would not need to do another 90 day report until 25th October.

I didn't need to take any action. That has been the advice from the wise old sages (and they are) on ASEAN NOW.

I thought "What the heck, the system is flawed, just submit a request". I also moved residence on 1st March so I thought it would be a good test of whether Nordic Tropical Resort's TM30 had been successfully recorded on the system - had it not been for that check I would not have reported until October..

I submitted the report. with the correct arrival date of 23rd February (and correct extension expiry date of 19th June). The IO looking at the submission (here is the next flaw - the human involvement) should have rejected the submission knowing that I didn't need to report. He didn't (that was the next flaw, human error) and promptly approved my submission within the hour.

I gambled on the system flaws/human error and I got the result I wanted; For 3 minutes effort I now have a piece of paper that effectively confirms that my new address has been recorded on the system.

Listen to this one........................

I love the 90 day online reporting system; one of the best initiatives to come out of Thai Immigration IMO.

However, it is flawed - often in my favour.

Today I received the usual email advising me that I needed to do a 90 day report. An excellent reminder and something that I hope @nomad97 gets in about two months time.

It should not have been sent. There is the first flaw in the system - Thai Immigration entry points are not linked to the 90 day reporting system.. I returned to Thailand on 23rd February and a 90 day report was not due until 24th May. As an aside, I am leaving the country on 26th May so I knew that I would not need to do another 90 day report until 25th October.

I didn't need to take any action. That has been the advice from the wise old sages (and they are) on ASEAN NOW.

I thought "What the heck, the system is flawed, just submit a request". I also moved residence on 1st March so I thought it would be a good test of whether Nordic Tropical Resort's TM30 had been successfully recorded on the system - had it not been for that check I would not have reported until October..

I submitted the report. with the correct arrival date of 23rd February (and correct extension expiry date of 19th June). The IO looking at the submission (here is the next flaw - the human involvement) should have rejected the submission knowing that I didn't need to report. He didn't (that was the next flaw, human error) and promptly approved my submission within the hour.

I gambled on the system flaws/human error and I got the result I wanted; For 3 minutes effort I now have a piece of paper that effectively confirms that my new address has been recorded on the system.
An excellent reminder and something that I hope @nomad97 gets in about two months time.

I did not receive an email reminder. Perhaps because my previous 90-day report was not reported online, it was done in the Immigration Office, in person, when I extended my permission to remain for another year. It will indeed be interesting to see if I receive a reminder in a couple of months time.

An excellent reminder and something that I hope @nomad97 gets in about two months time.

I did not receive an email reminder. Perhaps because my previous 90-day report was not reported online, it was done in the Immigration Office, in person, when I extended my permission to remain for another year. It will indeed be interesting to see if I receive a reminder in a couple of months time.

@nomad97 ..are you registered for the online system?

As you say, interesting if you do a mix of online and in person - ludicrous (another flaw) if a reminder is not issued following a personal report.

@nomad97 ..are you registered for the online system?

As you say, interesting if you do a mix of online and in person - ludicrous (another flaw) if a reminder is not issued following a personal report.
Yes, I am registered. The 90-day report was due around the same time as the annual extension. Hence the report in person. The report before was done online.

Yes, I am registered. The 90-day report was due around the same time as the annual extension. Hence the report in person. The report before was done online.

Which report was 7 days 'late' but still done online?

Back