Beach Bar Food

I was at the Beach Bar tonight for a couple hours with some friends. I had the highly recommended Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich. It was very good, tasty, tender, and spot on. The little red potatoes were a plus done with a very nice seasoning. The Sangria (3) went down well with the food (need to remember to get a fork to eat all the fruit in the bottom next time). :) Nice friendly atmosphere, good people having fun, great music and VDO, the owner is a pleasure to chat with and watch him work and mingle. Surin Joe had the 3 spaghetti plate and it did look like something I'd try next time if available. All in all a very good experience once again. A very good addition to the Surin venues, and a fun place to hang out and meet friends and have a drink and a bite to eat of an evening. I'll be back for certain. Was good to see some of my old friends there as well.

Mike

What time does the beach bar open ? And close ?

My one suggestion for Francois would be to ditch those 'floor' chairs and tables he has in the entrance to the bar. I've never seen anyone sat at them (so a waste of seating space), and I doubt many, if any, would find them comfortable to use. (Hell, most I know would have trouble getting down into them, and likely would need help getting UP from them.) :)

I'd suggest four round tables instead with some comfortable chairs for us well built wide bodies. Could easily have 16 comfortable seats with tables there, in addition to the ones he has already at the bar and the long wooden bar table opposite and the seating in the back of the bar. Would be more inviting I'd think. My first thought when walking in the bar and seeing those floor tables and chairs is, 'No way I can use those seats!' LOL

Oh, one more suggestion would be to erect a wooden lattice privacy wall screen to the left of the outdoor 'beach'. There seems to be some weirdo peeping Tom hiding in the bushes next door spying on the customers. Quite off putting to say the least. Crazy1

Just my thoughts and helpful suggestions.

Beach Bar is a fun, interesting place. The big wall chalkboard shows an interesting array of mixed drinks (120 baht each) - Mojitos, Pina Coladas, Margaritas, Sex on the Beach, and a lot more enticing alcoholic beverages. I quite enjoyed the Sangria. The music is great and varied. Friendly smiling helpful staff, as are the owners. Happy souls serving your drinks and foods and glad to be of service, which makes for a very enjoyable positive experience. They open a 4 P.M. and stay open late as long as they have customers to serve it seems. I'll be back again and again as I can. May try a Pina Colada one afternoon. Haven't had a decent one in ages. ThumbUp6

Mike

Last edited:
I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the blue margarita and plan to make it a weekly endever to stop in and have one. That is all........

Drove into Surin tonight looking forward to French onion soup and perhaps a pulled pork bap after the rave reviews.
Unfortunately one of the few drawbacks to being retired is that you don't always clock what day of the week it is and I guess Monday is the Beach's day for closing.
Ah well later in the week all being well

Drove into Surin tonight looking forward to French onion soup and perhaps a pulled pork bap after the rave reviews.
Unfortunately one of the few drawbacks to being retired is that you don't always clock what day of the week it is and I guess Monday is the Beach's day for closing.
Ah well later in the week all being well
They are usually open all week but they were closed today because they had some things to take care of. Try back tomorrow or later in the week. Great food!

had a great time

Thank you very much for your hospitality the other night, Natty and I really enjoyed ourselves. Good luck with your new venture

Back