Best English Breakfast

S

Surin James

I am quite partial to a fresh cooked English Breakfast on Occasion.

I have tried most of the 'farang' restaurants in Surin, and I just thought I would share my opinions with you all:

Farang Connection:

I haven't been to the FC for a while, but the English Breakfast, Number 1 & 2, used to be pretty good in and consistent. I particularly used to enjoy Martins freshly baked bread. Does anyone know if they still bake? Or was that just a hobby of the now deceased Martin. RIP.

Sportsman Pub:

The breakfast is 'OKAY' in there, They cook everything well, But maybe they have no toaster, as they gave me a very small, soggy piece of toast under an overcooked EGG. Never mind, mistakes will be made. I am not too pernickety.

Starbeams:

Again, the breakfast here is 'OKAY' I would suggest either filling the plate more, or using a smaller plate. Unless of course, they are going for the Feng Shui styling on the plate. Tasty Coffee at Starbeams is a plus.

Staffords:

I would say Staffords is the best breakfast in the area, but Gosh, you have to wait a while. I don't know why it takes so long? Perhaps they have Chickens in the back, and are waiting for eggs to Lay ! But, as they say.... Good things come to those who wait! This is true. Nice fresh bread just like Martin used to make. And the Kitchen is spotless.

N&N Opp Speed:

I have not myself tried this, But I have heard great reviews from friends. I myself, am put of by the cleanliness of the establishment, and the chief in charge. I Managed Health and Safety for over 30 years in top hotel lines such as Marriott, Hilton & even on Cunard lines cruise ships. So, Yes, I am a little fussy when it comes to cleanliness.

I just thought I would share my 'two pence worth' with you all. I am not trying to put anywhere down ( everywhere has it's good and bad points, it is just down to the customer ).

But as above, regarding cleanliness. It would be great to see a Chef / Cook in Chef whites for once in a Farang Restaurant in Surin. I'm sure many would agree with myself, It is nice to see a Clean looking Chef / Cook walking around the place, it gives you good thoughts on the kitchen.

James

Like you say, Staffords breakfast is good, but a little slow !!! Sportsmans is okay too. Myself and DTD went there the other day !

But as above, regarding cleanliness. It would be great to see a Chef / Cook in Chef whites for once in a Farang Restaurant in Surin. I'm sure many would agree with myself, It is nice to see a Clean looking Chef / Cook walking around the place, it gives you good thoughts on the kitchen.

James

Well thanks for all that James , and I do agree chefs whites and a hat especially to stop hair and dandruff falling in the food is all good . Corner restaurant the cooks comes out and she wears whites and a hat .

Coffee corner has a very fine Breakfast, I like the breakfast at N&N far better than Farang Connection and Staffords, but I am not english :redface:

I'm back from shopping at Tesco here in Manchester now and i'm going to make my own lovely English breakfast, 4 slices of bacon, 2 sausage, 2 fried eggs (dipable), beans, 1 large fried bread and two toast, all with brown sauce of course, washed down with a pint pot of Ty-phoo tea. Luverly mate!!!!!!! Hug1

I'm back from shopping at Tesco here in Manchester now and i'm going to make my own lovely English breakfast, 4 slices of bacon, 2 sausage, 2 fried eggs (dipable), beans, 1 large fried bread and two toast, all with brown sauce of course, washed down with a pint pot of Ty-phoo tea. Luverly mate!!!!!!! Hug1

No black pud or tomatoes Baz?

Last edited:
TongTharin is a worry...eggs sitting in the warmer, not recommended.
Petch: forget it! But at least the eggs are cooked on the spot
Majestic also has the eggs in the warmer but they will cook if you ask. Bread is good but needs two passes through the electric toaster.

Breaky by my wife is always supurb: and to finish off with toast and vegemite is a treat!

Ryans resort serves a good breakfast as well. a real plate full and very quickly..........I also liked Franks in Sangkha, not a english breakfast far from it but again I am not english.....

Mike, one day you are going to have to stop apologising for being American - it's not your fault ! ThumbUp6

I've just had 4 rashers,2 fried eggs, fried toms,black pud, toast and butter and 2 cups of tetley tea all made by my own fair hands. Problem is I now fancy a sleep.

Sorry no photo. Will have to wait for the next one.

Back