Big C food not so fresh !

I got some from the sisaket tesco before. Was surprised, as you never see that decent cheese in tesco Surin.
Im only 30 minutes to Sisaket, Sangkas not that far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they do any cheeses mate? Can never get that vintage stuff in Big C anymore.

I can usually get Mainland cheese in Big C, but I bought a huge block of Anchor in Makro the other day..both NZ cheeses. The Anchor cost me about 800 baht but well worth it. Our mob here love the ham, cheese and pineapple toasted sandwiches. I could never buy meat from Tesco either the one in Surin Plaza or across from Makro...usually green and stinks. Makro by far is the most professional, but since Big C's been open, I've only been robbed once by buying rotten chicken or pork.
The supermarket in Phetkasem has been there for the 15 years I've been about as Mike stated and I called in the other day and noticed it's improved greatly.

Do you get about a kilo for 800 bt mate? How does anchor compare to the mainland?

I got some from the sisaket tesco before. Was surprised, as you never see that decent cheese in tesco Surin.
Im only 30 minutes to Sisaket, Sangkas not that far.

Good Cheese try Norbys mate good price to !
Half a Kilo imported German and Continental Cheeses about 450 baht for over half a kilo .
He has German Bread also .

Another thing I always like from Makro is the big cardboard tubs of Nestle's vanilla ice-cream..must be 5 or 6 litres for about 280 baht. Can't get it any where else but Makro.
All this cheese and ice-cream we consume caused me to do a cholesterol test the other day...Came back as 202...the optimum is 200, so no guilt with the glut!

I just checked and it's 2kg's and I reckon it's the equal of Mainland..good value I feel.

I buy the Mainland vintage, and that is far stronger than the NZ Anchor. If you are happy with a mild cheese, than NZ Anchor is fine and much cheaper. Just stocked up with Vintage from Friendship Pattaya at 170bt a block (680bt/kilo)

Back