Cows R US Update. Barn Building.

Not so fast cowboy! I have studied GL's photos with interest and there is one observation I have to make. The foundations for the roof support struts seem to be non-existent. I didn't see any bags of cement, nor sand, let alone a mixing bucket. What I can see appears to be the excavated earth returned to the hole and then compacted down with a shovel or hoe.

View attachment 20308

This concerns me a little. It is a well known fact that one cow will produce some 13 litres of urine each day and 50 cows will produce 650 litres a day. In addition, each cow will produce nearly 30 kilograms of feces (manure) each day or 1,500 kilograms a day for the herd. Much of this will be relatively wet. The end result, especially when the cows are kept inside the cow shed for most of the day, will be a substantial amount of wet stuff seeping into the earth/soil each day. Over time, this additional water content in the soil will significantly weaken the bare earth 'footings' supporting the roof. However, this fails to take into account a simple truth that Buddha and the cow pees will look after their own so I guess all should be okay. Good job!

P.S. Hope you have a good outlet for 1,500 kilograms of shit every day. That's going to take some shovelling each and every day. Is your house upwind or down wind of the cowshed? :eek::eek::eek:

Not my job.:p

My understanding everyone who was given a cow HAS to do their part. As for feed the land next us is owned by the village Grand Poobah and her husband thats the village BIB. They just happen to have 8 rai of about 8 year old rubber trees that the government just paid them 4k a rai to cut. Do you get the idea now. That land is being put into what I call saw grass for the cattle and the rubber trees are what you see as poles. The framing material is eucalyptus from SWMBO aunts land whoes husband is the number 1 right hand of the Grand Poobah:rolleyes: There is about two thousand rai of rice land on top of us for grazing AND I have a sneaking suspicion that there going to be more government grants on this. There are major planes on tap for the use of all the BULL SHIT for making of compost and SWMBO is talking about getting a pellet machine for making of food for the Chicken Ranch and Cows R US. As I learned more I shall post. When you get down this way stop by.
Thanks for the invite GL,will definitely take you up on that one, very interested in all the projects your Wife has on the go.
First I have to finish our own shed, and it's just the two of us on it, with no help physically or financially from anyone.
After that I am of on a "Jolly" to the Philippines, so it's going to be April before we can get there,if that's ok?

Thanks for the invite GL,will definitely take you up on that one, very interested in all the projects your Wife has on the go.
First I have to finish our own shed, and it's just the two of us on it, with no help physically or financially from anyone.
After that I am of on a "Jolly" to the Philippines, so it's going to be April before we can get there,if that's ok?

Any time your call. I'm sure by then there will have been more changes.:D

Great barn gotlost, will visit you in april ... hope you will have some decent bourbon to drink to it !!! If you still remember me !!!

CC002.gif

Great barn gotlost, will visit you in april ... hope you will have some decent bourbon to drink to it !!! If you still remember me !!!

Get your stinky to The Chicken Ranch But we only have coffee and water with an occasional beer.:D

Found SWMBO in her mask supervising the supervisors. The gentleman in the center with a cup and yes its water is village BIB.

27971869_1590562897657916_4437268933579631673_n.jpg
27972167_1590562934324579_5028513639499619917_n.jpg

Property line is actually on the side of the building. Look and you can see another 10 holes for another roof overhang. This is going to be a big cow barn. I was told that the two overhangs are for storage of food and water. The roof is to be pitched with metal cover. When i departed this morn Z-BOYS were just starting on the pitch, the were finishing up the ruff frame in the photos. The building that my boss and the ladies are at was used for DUREX processing. The BIB whose name is Luke BTW and is a pretty good fellow has planes to do some cleaning and fixing up on his side for a community gathering area for Cowboys R US.

27973514_1590564804324392_1776049902510275710_n.jpg
28055679_1590564840991055_8705736415570792172_n.jpg
27973834_1590564887657717_7674611432727173239_n.jpg

Observation.. I noticed during my afternoon inspection in which I joined Z-boys and has 3 shoots of liquid refreshment :eek::p:D:D:D that the roof over hang not only would be extended 10 foot more on each side for a total width of 60 feet BUT it is being extended 10 more feet on each end for a total of 120 feet long. Now guys thats 7200 sq ft of metal roof and that is huge. I do know that local government agencies have had rural solar cell programs for zero or next to it. Might I be dreaming.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

Back