electric bill

With all the recent rain and the current cold spell, surely not much need for a/c I anticipate a lower bill when it comes in a few days

Electricity charge to rise about 14%

The cost of electricity will rise about 14% to a minimum 5.37 baht per unit between January and April next year on rising fuel costs, the Electricity Regulatory Commission (ERC) warned on Monday.

The ERC had three options - and the increment to 5.37 baht would cost consumers the least. The two other choices were 5.70 baht and 6.03 baht per kilowatt-hour

The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand is subsidising the power charge. At the 5.37-baht rate, Egat would have 122.25 billion baht in losses by the end of April.

The 5.70 baht and 6.03 baht rates would leave Egat with a deficit of 101.88 billion baht and 81.50 billion baht respectively.

Electricity charge to rise about 14%

The cost of electricity will rise about 14% to a minimum 5.37 baht per unit between January and April next year on rising fuel costs, the Electricity Regulatory Commission (ERC) warned on Monday.

The ERC had three options - and the increment to 5.37 baht would cost consumers the least. The two other choices were 5.70 baht and 6.03 baht per kilowatt-hour

The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand is subsidising the power charge. At the 5.37-baht rate, Egat would have 122.25 billion baht in losses by the end of April.

The 5.70 baht and 6.03 baht rates would leave Egat with a deficit of 101.88 billion baht and 81.50 billion baht respectively.

Currently (November 2022) the rates are ฿4.1827; ฿5.1561 and ฿5.3566 including the Ft rate. The lower rate is for 0 - 150 units/month and the others 151 - 400 and > 400 units/month.

Which of these rates will increase to ฿5.37 is not clear. If it is the lowest rate (minimum) then the increase will be double the 14% quoted (28%). Where the post got it's present rate of ฿4.72/unit, God knows.

Pun not intended.

Last edited:
Am I the only member with ฿ on the keyboard?

View attachment 56427
No. I have one as well, but have never noticed it before!!! The '7' key on my laptop keyboard works in lower case, while '&' works in upper case. If I select Thai as the keyboard language instead of UK English, and then press the same 7 key, the baht symbol appears when the upper case key is pressed: ฿
Pressing the lower case key instead produces a Thai vowel 1668839308428.pngcalled 'sara uh' which always attaches itself above the previous character typed in English or in Thai (shown here above the consonant gor gai )

1668839063799.png

Or, it might be simpler just to stay with the English keyboard, and hold down the Alt Key and type 3647. When you lift the Alt Key, ฿ appears.

If your baht shortcut works on your '7' key Yorky, tell us how, please!

Last edited:
If your baht shortcut works on your '7' key Yorky, tell us how, please!

Change the language to Thai, then press <shift> 7 then change the language back to English.

For me I find it easier to press this key: 1668846835819.png to change to Thai and back to English.

Found the key........top left, but it does not change the language for me.

My laptop is currently set on "US Keyboard" (I know not why) but if I "install ๊UK Keyboard" the 1668848691905.png key still toggles between Thai and English. It actually toggles between US English and UK English and Thai (in rotation).

All three keyboards that I have (bought in Thailand) do the same.

And, although I cannot confirm it now, the previous five did also.

Last edited:
Back