electric bill

My laptop is currently set on "US Keyboard" (I know not why) but if I "install ๊UK Keyboard" the View attachment 56438 key still toggles between Thai and English. It actually toggles between US English and UK English and Thai (in rotation).

All three keyboards that I have (bought in Thailand) do the same.

And, although I cannot confirm it now, the previous five did also.
Hmmm. No such luck with my Lenovo bought in Surin. I have a language icon on my taskbar, clicking on which produces a dropdown menu to select from the following:
1668851279176.png

Its simple enough even for me to switch from proper English to Thai, but it doesn't activate your toggle key unfortunately.

Hmmm. No such luck with my Lenovo bought in Surin. I have a language icon on my taskbar, clicking on which produces a dropdown menu to select from the following:
View attachment 56442

Its simple enough even for me to switch from proper English to Thai, but it doesn't activate your toggle key unfortunately.

Over the last 15 or so years, the majority of my computers/keyboards have been Acer. Although the keyboard that I am currently using is "Logitech".

Yorky said:
My laptop is currently set on "US Keyboard" (I know not why) but if I "install ๊UK Keyboard" the View attachment 56438 key still toggles between Thai and English. It actually toggles between US English and UK English and Thai (in rotation).

The reason is as follows: You set the language to English (United States) because your keyboard is English (United States). That way the keys typed are what you see and what is pressed. If you set the language to English (United Kingdom) two keys are interchanged. These are the @ and " keys. When I change the language to English (United Kingdom) and I press those keys I get " and @. Now you know.

Yorky said:

The reason is as follows: You set the language to English (United States) because your keyboard is English (United States). That way the keys typed are what you see and what is pressed. If you set the language to English (United Kingdom) two keys are interchanged. These are the @ and " keys. When I change the language to English (United Kingdom) and I press those keys I get " and @. Now you know.

But does your 1668858553014.png key toggle between the two/three keyboards?

Also the <shift> 3 key gives you "£" sign not "#".

And other keys give a number of peculiar results.

But does your View attachment 56449 key toggle between the two/three keyboards?
I do not think I have that key. I use either the Windows key + space bar to toggle between the different keyboards or the mouse and the 1668862452507.png key on the bottom bar. To obtain the £ sign I have always used the ASCII code ALT + 156. As I use the English (American) keyboard Shift and #3 key does not produce the £ sign.

Am I the only member with ฿ on the keyboard?

View attachment 56427

I was quoting the key sections of the article from the Bangkok Post. It was a simple copy and paste. The Bangkok post did not use the ฿ symbol and I couldn’t be bothered to change it as I wasn’t expecting to get any grief for it.:rolleyes:

My Logi MX Keys keyboard has English/Thai Windows/Mac keys.

Back