electric bill

Child number two goes off to Uni, and what happens?

The electricity bill falls yet again - this time by 874 THB from 3,471 THB to 2,597 THB.

I guess it will be back up by about 50 THB in September
The Ft increase from Sept is 18% I would be thinking about another 400bt next month, all other things being equal.

The increase actually varies with usage. If you use 150 units/month the increase is 18%; if you use 500 units/month it will only be 16%.

Surely @Bandersnatch is smiling...although PEA could increase the tax on his 40 bhat meter invoice.

Out of curiosity Bander, do you get enough hours sunlight daily to run your vehicle and everything in the monsoon season?
I well understand the rains arrive normally in the late afternoon /evening.

Surely @Bandersnatch is smiling...although PEA could increase the tax on his 40 bhat meter invoice.

Out of curiosity Bander, do you get enough hours sunlight daily to run your vehicle and everything in the monsoon season?
I well understand the rains arrive normally in the late afternoon /evening.

Haven't used a unit from PEA for the past 3 months now. What normally happens is that I put the EV on charge in the late afternoon then go and have a nap with bright sunshine outside. It promptly clouds over and I end up moving 20 kWh from the house batteries into the car batteries and wake up to find the house batteries at 50% - unfortunately don't have V2L on my EV so can't move power back from the car into the house. End up using a few units from PEA in the morning.

Haven't used a unit from PEA for the past 3 months now. What normally happens is that I put the EV on charge in the late afternoon then go and have a nap with bright sunshine outside. It promptly clouds over and I end up moving 20 kWh from the house batteries into the car batteries and wake up to find the house batteries at 50% - unfortunately don't have V2L on my EV so can't move power back from the car into the house. End up using a few units from PEA in the morning.

You're still streets in front @Randysnatch ;) ;) ;) :p:D:)

I read this today (although it is a couple of weeks old):

"Thailand’s Committee on Energy Policy Administration (CEPA) agreed today (Monday) to help shoulder the burden on household electricity consumers through discounts from September until December, the period the fuel tariff (FT) will be hiked.

According to the committee, households which use no more than 300 units of electricity per month will get a discount of 92.04 satang per unit from September until end of December.

Households which use between 301-500 units per month will be given discount rates on step-by-step format, ranging from 15% to 75%. These users account for 89% of household users nationwide, or 80% of all users."

thaipbsworld.com

An update on our electric bill drama.

9700 baht was the bill before they corrected our tariff and we have had the wrong tariff since February last year, so about 16 months.

We got a refund of 5000 baht for the whole time.
This was to me questionable, since I believed it should be a lot more... But how to argue?

Anyways we got our most recent bill a few days ago. It was 3400 baht with the correct tariff.

So one months savings make up for 16 months worth of refunds... It smells fishy, but I'll leave it at this. I am happy as long as the future bills are fair.

I'm expecting a cheap bill this month. I haven't even turned the fan on today. And there's the discount to look forward to (apparently).

This household reduced electric usage almost 9% this past month ending 16/9.

The third row on the bill "Ft" increased from 0.2477 to 0.9343...
So essentially our bill came out just 20 bhat lower than the previous month.

(I can understand why there is rioting in other countries.)

This household reduced electric usage almost 9% this past month ending 16/9.

The third row on the bill "Ft" increased from 0.2477 to 0.9343...
So essentially our bill came out just 20 bhat lower than the previous month.

(I can understand why there is rioting in other countries.)

Did you use less than 300 units in the month? If so, you should be entitled to a discount of around 93 satang per kw/hr.

Is there any discount shown on your bill? There should be at least a minor discount unless you used in excess of 500 kw/hr in the month.

Bottom line @Yorky , as shown below even with the discount the higher "Ft" basically negates the decreased usage.

You used more than 300 kw/hr therefore the discount is less - it's on a sliding decreasing scale (apparently). I have no information on how this scale is applied and I can virtually guarantee that very few PEA employees will not know (or care). Your discount appears to be 320 satang per used unit.

My bill will be in around 20th of the month so I may know a little more then.

You used more than 300 kw/hr therefore the discount is less - it's on a sliding decreasing scale (apparently). I have no information on how this scale is applied and I can virtually guarantee that very few PEA employees will not know (or care). Your discount appears to be 320 satang per used unit.

My bill will be in around 20th of the month so I may know a little more then.

Try explaining the tripling /(almost quadrupling) of the "Ft"...
That was my point on my post #1731.

Our bill arrived today B1176.36 & much lower than last month (Aug B1333.73)!
Maybe they have canc d the big increases that were going to take place Sept to Dec.

The increases were to the Ft (฿0.2477 to ฿0.9343). If you use less than 300kw/hr per month the majority of this increase, if not all, will be discounted up to December 2022. If you use more than 300kw/hr per month you should still receive a discount but not as much (on a sliding scale). If you use more than 500kw/hr per month you will be unlikely to receive any discount.

We received our bill today. 237 units and the Ft rate was 0.9343;

zero discount!

฿1,200.70

Electric 09-2022.jpg

[Edit: I believe that the reason for zero discount is that last month my wife changed the name of the houseowner (something she's been intending to do for 15 years!). There is a note on the bill that states the discount will be applied October to December.]

Last edited:
Back