Employment options for young men in Surin

Stargazer

Surin Legend
I’m trying to help a relative who dropped school at 14 and now is facing how to earn a decent living without any marketable skills. That seems to yield about ฿500 a day max in Surin, hardly enough to support a family. I’m willing to fund training for him if he wants better. Do jobs such as electrician, plumber or motorcycle/auto mechanic earn better? (They do in USA). Is such trade education available and cost-effective? Currently, university grads are having trouble finding jobs.

I’m trying to help a relative who dropped school at 14 and now is facing how to earn a decent living without any marketable skills. That seems to yield about ฿500 a day max in Surin, hardly enough to support a family. I’m willing to fund training for him if he wants better. Do jobs such as electrician, plumber or motorcycle/auto mechanic earn better? (They do in USA). Is such trade education available and cost-effective? Currently, university grads are having trouble finding jobs.
Mate, seriously, if uni grads are struggling, this kid is up against it. BTW, B500 per day ?, someone is dreaming.

My wife son quite school after grade 9. His uncle took him under his wing. He is now 26 years old happily married with a daughter and makes a average of 60,000 bath a month sometimes more. He is a crane operator and has CDL.

Last edited:
500 baht a day x 6 days a week x 4.3 weeks per month is 13,000 baht. That is very close to the avg salary in Surin or SSK, hence the high debt load most Thais carry.

Salary for a 7/11 delivery guy is 365 baht a day in SSK, an unskilled job that requires only a motorbike. My wife has ex classmates from uni that make 12,000 a month but they are satisfied because the workplace is air conditioned. There are very few jobs that pay well enough for a single wage earner to support a family, especially for the young, not just here in Thailand but in all our respective countries.

Buy him a bar bq, an umbrella, a table and 10 kilos of frozen moo ping. If he gets up at 5 am to set up his stall every day for a month, buy him another 10 kilos. If he sets up at 8 and only works 3 days a week, no amount of education will save him.

My wife son quite school after grade 9. His uncle took him under his wing. He is now 26 years old happily married with a daughter and makes a average of 60,000 bath a month sometimes more. He is a crane operator and has CDL.
The slewing crane operators tickets pay on average $12,100 AUD per month in the mining industry.
This wage is for operating a mobile slewing crane rated 100 tonne up to 1000 tonne, CO class- I had this ticket but used it very infrequently,
Only just enough to maintain regulatory compliance.1.4.jpg

??????? 60,000 baht sounds unrealistic in Thailand .

https://www.outsourceaccelerator.com/articles/average-salary-in-thailand/ ,,,,

A 2022 report by the Bank of Thailand revealed that workers with a bachelor’s degree could earn at least THB 24,026.42 (US$692.80) a month, while master’s degree holders get up to THB 39,606.77 (US$1,142.06).

Non-degree holders can still earn up to THB 15,621.56 (US$450.45) monthly. However, most of them don’t have the chance to increase their earnings compared to most college graduates.

??????? 60,000 baht sounds unrealistic in Thailand .

https://www.outsourceaccelerator.com/articles/average-salary-in-thailand/ ,,,,

A 2022 report by the Bank of Thailand revealed that workers with a bachelor’s degree could earn at least THB 24,026.42 (US$692.80) a month, while master’s degree holders get up to THB 39,606.77 (US$1,142.06).

Non-degree holders can still earn up to THB 15,621.56 (US$450.45) monthly. However, most of them don’t have the chance to increase their earnings compared to most college graduates.
I was going to mention thhat but, I was trying to be polite :cool: :cool:

Great that he earning a good living !
Curious if owns his own equipment, where he located in one area or travels around in Thailand.
If the income is gross or net.
Not derogative to your Post.
This is his company. 1695876750233.png
ห้างหุ้นส่วนจำกัด นครสวรรค์ ที ซี เครน - Corporate office
J4GF+2GF
Phaholyothin Road
Tambon Nakhon Sawan Ok, Mueang Nakhon Sawan District

This is his company. View attachment 68875
ห้างหุ้นส่วนจำกัด นครสวรรค์ ที ซี เครน - Corporate office
J4GF+2GF
Phaholyothin Road
Tambon Nakhon Sawan Ok, Mueang Nakhon Sawan District
The first year they sent him to an electrical school. The they sent him to a CRAIN SCHOOL. At age of 22 he applied for his CDL and passed the written test and the driving test on his first try.

Back