Employment options for young men in Surin

Really ?

My understanding is in the US interest from foreign sources could be subjected by the IRS to the individual filers tax rate even after Thailand takes its cut.

But I do believe we'd be talking about higher interest amounts and wealthier citizens.

I do not include anything on my UK tax return for net interest earned in Thailand.

I am sure they don't want to tax me twice.

I do not include anything on my UK tax return for net interest earned in Thailand.

I am sure they don't want to tax me twice.

Horses for courses...US - UK each have their own rules concerning taxes...among other financial matters.

US expats still receive COLA increases to their Social Security even following changing to overseas residence addresses.
Hopefully that doesn't change although nobody knows what the future might bring.

Note: I had contested an IRS penalty in the past and found it wasn't worth the additional time nor funds to mount a fight.
Cancer will surely assist one in choosing which battles to fight.

Last edited:
That is good news; they do not seek specific bank certification for the international transfers like Jomtie
I'm a bit confused about exactly what kind of statement is required from K-Bank re: the monthly transfers. They are all from Wise.com, on roughly the same day except when weekends intrude. I do know they insist it be on the same day as renewal, as I saw someone turned away at the counter in Surin immigration over that.

I'm a bit confused about exactly what kind of statement is required from K-Bank re: the monthly transfers. They are all from Wise.com, on roughly the same day except when weekends intrude. I do know they insist it be on the same day as renewal, as I saw someone turned away at the counter in Surin immigration over that.
The standard requirement is a bank letter (confirms that hold that specific account), plus 12 months bank statements.

Check with Surin Immigration to see if that is sufficient to evidence for the 12 x monthly receipts. Supporting WISE pdfs for each transfer is not enough for Jomtien Immigration - they require an additional certification from K Bank.

Whilst an IO may wish to see a payment come in on the same day each month, I doubt that they can insist on that. The says EVER month and I do know of rejections where a month has been missed and two were made the following month.

Not wishing to be pedantic but (to avoid any misunderstanding by any Brits reading this thread), you pay tax on ALL of your UK income. The annual tax allowance mitigates the amount on which tax is calculated. The tax allowance is always greater than the state pension, so anyone just in receipt of that will pay no tax.
@CO-CO your statement that I pay tax on all my UK income is incorrect. I do not pay tax on all my UK income. Yes, I am liable to pay tax on 2 of my UK pensions, my state pension and my RAF pension and I do. However, my third pension, a company pension is not subject to any UK tax. The Taxman has declared this pension as being free of tax and I have a letter that confirms this. I earned this pension while working overseas and was ordinarily non-resident from the UK.

Surin Immigration require a 12-month bank statement of your account and this will show the external transfers that you make. The young lady behind the Immigration desk will go through your bank statement and tabulate your monthly transfers to ensure they exceed 65,000 baht each and EVERY month of the year. One year I tabulated all my transfers on a spreadsheet, and I make 3 transfers a month, on different days, and she totally disregarded this. She did her own thing from the bank statement.

Additionally, I provide Pension Statements provided by my pension providers to prove that the money I am transferring has come from overseas.

Last edited:
@CO-CO your statement that I pay tax on all my UK income is incorrect. I do not pay tax on all my UK income. Yes, I am liable to pay tax on 2 of my UK pensions, my state pension and my RAF pension and I do. However, my third pension, a company pension is not subject to any UK tax. The Taxman has declared this pension as being free of tax and I have a letter that confirms this. I earned this pension while working overseas and was ordinarily non-resident from the UK.

Duly noted.... my statement was correct in that income tax is paid on ALL income derived from the UK.

@Mel Malinowski , now that you've spent some time with this young man you can tell us what you think about his initiative, aptitude and employment capabilities...if any at all.

Which direction of gainful employment are you heading him towards ?

@Mel Malinowski , now that you've spent some time with this young man you can tell us what you think about his initiative, aptitude and employment capabilities...if any at all.

Which direction of gainful employment are you heading him towards ?
What can he do? What is his education? Is he trying to further his skills by taking classes in some line he would like to do? Has he any employable skills? They're looking for wait staff at Hakuzou Japanese restaurant. 9K a month 6 days a week. Also they are looking for an assistant cook. Send him to mixology classes. Always a need for a good bartender. :)

Back