Employment options for young men in Surin

Not any more! What about AtB?

Obviously not now, but presumably when you were teaching - or whatever you did.

I was trying to establish if you had a TIN (Tax Identification Number).

AtB is not an individual, I am sure that he would seek to avoid personal taxes......

Last edited:
I certainly don't. My bank in IoM asks for one every year and I tell them I don't have one. They call it a TIN (Tax Identification Number).
I have to do a non resident tax declaration every year to my bank and my superannuation fund including my Australian T.F.N--Tax file number.

Obviously not now, but presumably when you were teaching - or whatever you did.

I was trying to establish if you had a TIN (Tax Identification Number).

AtB is not an individual, I am sure that he would seek to avoid personal taxes......
I guess I have. Hoping for another rebate this new year, like the last one!!!!

No one answered my question as to whether anyone on forum files Thai tax returns. You?

Surely there are many (Americans) that don't even file a US Tax Return annually.

I report any interest received on a Thai bank account less Thai tax taken out in my US return under interest. I'll bet the past decade has been negligible.

Mel, do not forget the FINCEN and FBAR reporting to US Dept of Treasury for any holding equivalent or more than USD 10,000 at anytime during the year.
Holding THB 800,000 for a day outside a US financial institution qualifies.

Now Mel, tell me again - what is the title of the OP supposed to be about that you initiated ? LOL

Ezzzentially Mel, after you spend a month with this young man you can tell us what you think about his initiative, aptitude and employment capabilities...if any at all.
(Surely he'd get a kick riding around town on that new Kubota. :p )

As far as New Zealand goes. I don't have to do anything re tax's.
I was 'excused boots' by the UK Taxman and was informed, in writing, that I did not need to file a UK tax return each year. I have not filed a UK Tax return since 2003, the year I was excused, although I do pay tax on some of my UK income each year. This is calculated and published online by the Taxman. It is available for me to review, comment or challenge if I so wish.

I was 'excused boots' by the UK Taxman and was informed, in writing, that I did not need to file a UK tax return each year. I have not filed a UK Tax return since 2003, the year I was excused, although I do pay tax on some of my UK income each year. This is calculated and published online by the Taxman. It is available for me to review, comment or challenge if I so wish.

Not wishing to be pedantic but (to avoid any misunderstanding by any Brits reading this thread), you pay tax on ALL of your UK income. The annual tax allowance mitigates the amount on which tax is calculated. The tax allowance is always greater than the state pension, so anyone just in receipt of that will pay no tax.

I report any interest received on a Thai bank account less Thai tax taken out in my US return under interest.

Insignificant perhaps, but surely any interested tax at source (by Thai authorities) would not be subject to further USA tax?

Insignificant perhaps, but surely any interested tax at source (by Thai authorities) would not be subject to further USA tax?

Really ?

My understanding is in the US interest from foreign sources could be subjected by the IRS to the individual filers tax rate even after Thailand takes its cut.

But I do believe we'd be talking about higher interest amounts and wealthier citizens.

Back