Extending 'permission to stay' at Kap Cheong

Obviously my English was not as clear as it could have been. I said, "Now if the next few guys extending their permission to remain (based on retirement) can confirm similar then we are back on track to doing what we used to do before." What I was saying could have been better said as, "Wait and see". I hope that clarifies my post.

Just posted on TV.

I say that because when I was in Surin over the holidays I had to do my 90 day check-in. I have been doing it here in CM for the past 8 years and this was the first time I did it in Surin.

I have been under the impression (obviously mistakenly) that you are required to conduct the 90 day check-ins at the office from which you obtained your extension.

I have been under the impression (obviously mistakenly) that you are required to conduct the 90 day check-ins at the office from which you obtained your extension.

Have seen now about 6 people being able to do their out of area 90 day report at KCI recently. They may be lighting up BUT.;):rolleyes:

I went to KC for my retirement extension this morning. All a bit of a muddle, but after more than 90 minutes, I walked out with a full year's extension to 31.3.17. No home visit required. Seven people in all were involved in dealing with my papers, including the boss who signed me off (I didn't actually see him, as the papers were taken in to him to sign). Nung was with me, but the only purpose he served, as far as I could see, was to go across the road to copy the file.

Nung was with me, but the only purpose he served, as far as I could see, was to go across the road to copy the file.

I'm not about to rock the boat over this considering your success; but I understood that the reason for the second copy (not required before 30:06 last year), was for the use of the Suppression Unit when paying you a visit.

I'm not about to rock the boat over this considering your success; but I understood that the reason for the second copy (not required before 30:06 last year), was for the use of the Suppression Unit when paying you a visit.

Well, we can only wait and see what happens, Yorky. One thing I did notice was a couple of large piles of files which looked as if they contained individual sets of papers, perhaps for use on house visits. Perhaps people who have been visited could tell us what paperwork their visitors brought with them. (stiff board files containing a wad of papers?)

At one point in the process Nung, for no particular reason that I could gather, suddenly told the IO we were dealing with that we had been visited a few months ago by the Krasang Police, who said they, or rather he, was checking on foreigners living in the Krasang police district. Maybe relevant!

Last edited:
can-of-worms.jpg

Did my retirementextention the 18 of feb and got stamped "under consideration" and to report again the 18th of march, no talk about homevisits ... was in SC the last three days, got a call the first day in the morning from an immi off asking to talk to my missus. Told him I was in Banglamung so I wanted to give him my wives number. No he said, you have to call your wive and she has to call me on this number. Did it, called the missus to explain and she called the dude.
Called me back to explain they wanted to come and visit my "dwellings". The next day same scenario, got a call from an immi off - different number this time - same story : call your wive and have her call this number.
I told the missus DO NOT give the w@n6ers any petrolmoney !!!!
They came to my house, went out and asked some neightbours about my "behaviour", two people were asked to provide id - no pujai baan needed !!! - and they squeezed 500 baht out of the missus and left.
Now just got home from SC but the missus is off to Buriram - shopping I hope - so I have to wait till she comes home tonight for more info.

Seems KCI is becoming more inconsistent when it comes to home visits.

(Maybe they know where to go for 'petrol'. They know IB is a tough one.) :p

Yorky in June will be the 'tipping point' , eh. :hearteyecat:;)

Petrol money? WTF. Now they want to be paid to come to visit?

There will be no "tipping" if they visit me (unless they blatantly request it, of course).
Yorky, the missus might and will do it behind your back as it happened in my place. You know how our thai spouses are : big mouth to us but if a uniform shows up they fold like the wind.

Back