F.C.D Bangkok Bank account

kroner ,eh Pat...you do it all on-line without a passbook transferring into thai bhat ?

Did you accomplish this transaction on-line or in person at the bank branch where you opened your FCDA ?
In person that's why I spoke to the guy in the bank .
In the Bangkok bank Surin on the high st if you go up the stairs you will see a guy around 35 years old shaved head , this guy speaks great English and is very help full .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

kroner ,eh Pat...you do it all on-line without a passbook transferring into thai bhat ?

Why not.? Thats what Bangkok Bank say. Up to 14 currencies are acceptable. The passbook would only be required if you went into the bank personally to withdraw.

Yes.
iBanking account has both accounts and a transfer happens instantaneously.

When making a transfer I see the exact amount in Thai Baht before clicking the accept button.

I cannot however transfer/exchange the other way, THB to SEK. Nor can I make international transfers directly from the FCD account.

In person that's why I spoke to the guy in the bank .
In the Bangkok bank Surin on the high st if you go up the stairs you will see a guy around 35 years old shaved head , this guy speaks great English and is very help full .

That would be Mr Pound (great name) who indeed is very helpful to we farangs. He tells me he is about to be transferred to Surin Plaza Branch and that this, for him, is a promotion.

That would be Mr Pound (great name) who indeed is very helpful to we farangs. He tells me he is about to be transferred to Surin Plaza Branch and that this, for him, is a promotion.

I had colleagues in the bank called Richard Money, David Cash, Michael Buck, Sarah Loane and Alan Coyne.

Happy for him to have got a promotion but it's sad he is moving from the main branch.
I have always found him to be the only member of staff who gets things done correctly first time.

Bloody Bangkok Bank

Buriram branch insisted that I obtain a residence certificate from Immigration, despite my name being in the blue house registration book (Tabien Baan) Ironically Immigration would require the tabien baan to confirm my address. I also have my PR book and Alien registration book issued by the police. both of which show my address!

A complaint has been sent to Bangkok Bank HO. Small expectations!

Did Alan have a residence certificate from Immigration when he opened his FCD account recently?

Happy for him to have got a promotion but it's sad he is moving from the main branch.
I have always found him to be the only member of staff who gets things done correctly first time.
The lady who currently sits at the foreign exchange desk upstairs, Miss Pam, is also very efficient, Colin. She is rather shy to speak English but understands just about everything. She is the one to seek out in the absence of Pound, whether it be his lunch break or his forthcoming move to a different branch.

Got my FCD sorted out at BKB, Buriram.

Bloody expat with a retirement extensiion gets treated better that someone who is a permanent resident. Yet Bangkok Bank rules and regs list precisely what I had was needed, but local staff have no clue. TIT! No wonder Surin chose to escape.

Got my FCD sorted out at BKB, Buriram.

But............... it was not without it's issues.

Nick and I had decided to apply to BKB in Buriram for Foreign Currency Accounts. Alan's account was informative and BKB website was excellent in it's clarity regarding these accounts.Going on the same day gave the opportunity to compare experience.

Unfortunately, the clarity of a website often gets lost in translation in Bum-f**k Buriram!

I had the advantage of batting second (I have a general rule of NEVER following Nick for 'sloppy seconds') and was made aware of Nick's rejection by the pretty lady at BKB. For the record Nick fully satisfied BKB website requirements (as did I) and went a step further by having Permanent Residence and his name in the blue house book.Notwithstanding this Nick was told "Need immigration certificate of address". Despite pressing his point of righteousness the girl refused to yield - a rare outcome for Nick, I understand!

He kindly conveyed this result as I was en route for Buriram. My missus (Jip) had already spoken with BKB to check on requirements and when she was advised of the need for the immigration letter I pointed out that was not the case and I would correct them on my arrival. Then I received Nick's call. I got Jip to call immigration.... "Need letter from the bank..." Jip called BKb "Don't need letter...".

At this point deja vu kicked in- it was a repetition of my failed attempt to get a car passport a week or so earlier.

Change of tactic.......................... I call immigration and tell them I need a certificate of address for BKB and I am coming in NOW, If there is any issue I want to see the boss lady. Well, that worked - although it took 40 mins and much confusion that we were not married "Farang live in your house?" boss lady asked Jip. I said tell them it i my f**king house, they have visited there and have previously issued 3 visa extensions, done numerous 90 day reports and issued 5 address certificates for driving licences and vehicle purchases over the last 8 years - ALL of which required me to evidence my address.

(That beautiful song by Simply Red came to mind................... "If You Don't Know Me By Now.................."

Anyway,......... off to BKB with said certificate.

Was initially sent upstairs by nubile young 'meeter & greeter' but after 10 mins I wasn't convinced we were in the right place. Jip asked - and sure enough - off we went back downstairs. Immediately saw the pretty girl that had rejected Nick's approaches. Long-winded but successful - Oh, we were sent back upstairs part-way through to open a basic savings account (300 Baht) because my existing BKB basic savings account was NFU as it was held with Ban Kruat branch (who don't service FCD's) and if I wanted to join all the dots on internet banking I needed a basic savings account with Buriram branch.

All done and I should get the account number tomorrow. GBP 700 required to activate the account and free of charges as long as the balance doesn't drop below GBP 200.

I now understand why Surin gave up the ghost with Thais/Thailand and legged it back to Oz!

I see him being the manager 1 day

Bloody Bangkok Bank

Buriram branch insisted that I obtain a residence certificate from Immigration, despite my name being in the blue house registration book (Tabien Baan) Ironically Immigration would require the tabien baan to confirm my address. I also have my PR book and Alien registration book issued by the police. both of which show my address!

Did Alan have a residence certificate from Immigration when he opened his FCD account recently?
I had an existing account from years ago .

Bloody Bangkok Bank

My motto has always been never to accept NO. or in Thai "mai dai"

My firm but polite complaint bore fruit.

"Apologies for the inconvenience caused", and invited back to open the account with a named senior staff member. No immigration letter needed.

Back