F.C.D Bangkok Bank account

So what does that have to do with a FCA (other than the fact you don't require one) ?

I was considering alternatives to leaving my Sterling in UK of which an FCD was one. I would not be intending to use it as a substantiation of funds for applying for extensions of stay.

[Edit: I wouldn't wish anyone to think that I was one of the "hand to mouth" Farangs and to feel sorry for me]

Last edited:
I've had both visas in the past .
A type O suits me because I like to travel .
Me and the family like to get out a bit there is more to life than stagnation in Surin City .

Life's for living while I'm still young and able I will enjoy doing so .

Maybe when I'm to old to get around I will get a marriage visa and sit around the house drinking like a lot of boring old guys do .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Quite correct, CoCo. You can only conduct FCA business at the exact branch that opened your account.
(The FCA book is not honoured elsewhere...though you can transfer your account to another branch if you relocate.)

Not much use to a travelling man then. But I ceased travelling the world in 2008 so maybe for me it could be an alternative to consider now all the facts are known.

I have many bank accounts.
This 1 is only for transfer I would not use it while traveling !

I have many bank accounts.
This 1 is only for transfer I would not use it while traveling !

Then you lose one of the benefits of it being 'immediately' available. If you are building in Pattaya you can't get at your money if the rate moves to a favourable level while you are away.

Good product apart from that slight restriction.

Then you lose one of the benefits of it being 'immediately' available. If you are building in Pattaya you can't get at your money if the rate moves to a favourable level while you are away.

The "system" that I use enables transfer and subsequent conversion from anywhere in the world that has internet access. Not that that is much use to me now but I believe it would be good for you CO-CO, given your extensive travelling.

Im very seldom away on the job for more than a couple of days a week .
And most of our work is now local to Issan .
So I dowt very much this will ever be a problem .
But I will pop into the back and get more details On this.
Thanks guys .

I think Alan if your FCD account is with Bangkok Bank, you can move money from this account to a savings account online. So as long as you have internet access-wherever you are -you can deal with your money at any time. Kasikorn Bank unfortunately to not provide the online facility.

I think Alan if your FCD account is with Bangkok Bank, you can move money from this account to a savings account online. So as long as you have internet access-wherever you are -you can deal with your money at any time.

Really Nick...are you speaking from conjecture or fact ?

Not much use to a travelling man then. But I ceased travelling the world in 2008 so maybe for me it could be an alternative to consider now all the facts are known.

Maybe wait a few more years...just to make sure. :D

One last thing that you as experienced expats in due course would knowingly inquire of any financial institution - is my account insured...and what is the maximum amount covered per Foreign Currency Account ?

(But I know you've already done that, haven't you?) ;;amazing;;

Fact Coffee, if you believe the BUMFF that Bangkok Bank produce.

Specifically what does the BUMFF statement read ?

Meanwhile I believe Alan 'live and in person' can substantiate for sure if what you write about online transactions involving one's Foreign Currency Deposit Account is in fact truth or fiction.

(I believe it is fiction. Sorry Nick.)

Back