F.C.D Bangkok Bank account

^^^ The only difference is that Alan's FCA funds in GBP can be utilized to make an extension on a visa without being converted to Thai bhat; whereas monies sitting in accounts outside of Thailand can not.

^^^ The only difference is that Alan's FCA funds in GBP can be utilized to make an extension on a visa without being converted to Thai bhat; whereas monies sitting in accounts outside of Thailand can not.

I wasn't aware of that fact.

Yes mate correct .
I don't have a UK bank account they closed them down .
But on Monday if I need I can walk in the bank 5 mins from my house and draw money out free of charge at the TT rate so it good .Also this may be of use for other Xpats .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

"Michael Evans on 2nd Nov 2016

Is there a way to determine what the UK exchange rate will be in 3 month’s time? Today it is 42.4 baht to the pound? I’m asking because I’m told I have to allow a “cushion” amount of money in my bank account to allow for fluctuations in the exchange rate. I am renewing my retirement visa with a pension plus funds in the bank. But I do not know how much my pension will be and how big is the cushion I need."

There are some thick bastards around are there not?

Very good point coffee indeed .

Yes mate correct .
I don't have a UK bank account they closed them down .
But on Monday if I need I can walk in the bank 5 mins from my house and draw money out free of charge at the TT rate so it good .Also this may be of use for other Xpats .

So you are f**ked if you are working away then..............................

Try walking into Hua Hin branch on Monday to get your money out :)

Quite correct, CoCo. You can only conduct FCA business at the exact branch that opened your account.
(The FCA book is not honoured elsewhere...though you can transfer your account to another branch if you relocate.)

Is it not possible to use Bualuang iBanking?

No. You must go to the bank in person with your account book(s) and passport (proving identity).

US citizens must report these monies over $10,000 each year to the US Dept of Treasury.

I just did on Thursday utilizing an FCA with monies in USD.

(Though I had to walk the IO's through it as they were not familiar with an expat doing this.)

Sorry coffee, I wasn't clear................ Alan has said before that he prefers to stay here on a Non-Imm 'O' visa from Savannaket rather than arrange an extension.

Sorry coffee, I wasn't clear................ Alan has said before that he prefers to stay here on a Non-Imm 'O' visa from Savannaket rather than arrange an extension.

Sorry coco, i wasn't aware of that.

Back