HMPO, Liverpool

I wonder what would happen if Immigration were less stupid and did notice.

Any issues with Kasikorn bank - and were your vaccine certificates issued correctly?

Immigration noticing next time is a potential situation that I may have to bluff my way out of.

No issues. Kasikorn Bank accepted that the incorrectly issued passport was mine and the hospital amended one set of records to match the other (my name spent correctly on both).

I wonder what would happen if Immigration were less stupid and did notice.

Maybe "stupid" was a bit harsh. However, when applying for an extension of stay they check, double check, triple check the information prior to the boss giving his/her final say. So maybe "insufficiently observant" may be a better description of their ineptitude?

My email to HMPO help line today:

"I still have not had a response from HMPO Liverpool regarding their assurances that either the cost for me to collect the replacement passport from Bangkok will be fully reimbursed or otherwise the replacement passport will be couriered to me direct from Liverpool or from VAC/VFS Bangkok.

Would you please look into this."

HMPO help line response:

"I am sorry to hear you have not recieved a response, i will forward your message to the passport office again. Please wait for a response."

Not surprising that they can't spell my name correctly.

"I still have not had a response from HMPO Liverpool regarding their assurances that either the cost for me to collect the replacement passport from Bangkok will be fully reimbursed or otherwise the replacement passport will be couriered to me direct from Liverpool or from VAC/VFS Bangkok.

HMPO help line response:

"I am sorry to hear you have not recieved a response, i will forward your message to the passport office again. Please wait for a response. "
You would think there would be some sort of agree timescale for them to resolve problems, but it's not mentioned.

Maybe they are waiting for you to die! ;;exciting;;

HMPO help line response:

"I am sorry to hear you have not recieved a response, i will forward your message to the passport office again. Please wait for a response."

Today, 8:21PM

"Thank you for your email.

I have contacted the office that your passport was returned to and have asked them to look into your enquiry. They will contact you directly once they have a response for you.

This is a no-reply mailbox, for any further information please visit www.gov.uk/hm-passport-office

Kind Regards,

A Condron
Customer Service Management Team
His Majesty's Passport Office"

HMPO help line response:

It's now been around four months since I first requested HMPO's decision on whether they (or VAC/VFS) would courier the replacement passport direct to me in Surin or whether they would reimburse the costs incurred by me in collecting it from VAC/VFS in Bangkok.

Nothing!

Surely COVID cannot be blamed for incompetence?

It's now been around four months since I first requested HMPO's decision on whether they (or VAC/VFS) would courier the replacement passport direct to me in Surin or whether they would reimburse the costs incurred by me in collecting it from VAC/VFS in Bangkok.

Nothing!

Surely COVID cannot be blamed for incompetence?

I don't think that they are incompetent - they just don't give a fook about you :)

I don't think that they are incompetent - they just don't give a fook about you :)

Or anyone else, apparently*.

Apathy then?

Laziness?

[Edit * Quote from "my" MP (Justin Madders): "Thank you for your email, I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, I am raising a high number of complaints on behalf of my constituents and so I am very familiar with the problems being encountered."]

Last edited:
Clerical error...........................in any event, you were referring to the time taken

Are the passports not checked before they are issued?

I'm referring to the whole shebang! It's been a comedy of cock-ups. But I haven't been laughing.

And it's taken 9 months to sort it out up to now. And I still haven't received the replacement passport and no indication of when I may receive it!

Are the passports not checked before they are issued?

I'm referring to the whole shebang! It's been a comedy of cock-ups. But I haven't been laughing.

And it's taken 9 months to sort it out up to now. And I still haven't received the replacement passport and no indication of when I may receive it!

It was a simple clerical error, not picked up in any quality control procedures.

The cock-up has been in the handling of the corrected passport - and the inability of someone to say "Yes, we can see what has happened, and on this occasion (as a one-off) we will arrange courier delivery of the passport to the address that you have provided evidence for".

A direct courier delivery is not without precedence. In April 2019, a certain gentleman in Surin received his new passport direct from DHL, who for unknown reasons had access to his address and by-passed VFS.

Despite a complaint to HMPO, like Yorky, I am still awaiting a reply!

A direct courier delivery is not without precedence. In April 2019, a certain gentleman in Surin received his new passport direct from DHL, who for unknown reasons had access to his address and by-passed VFS.

Despite a complaint to HMPO, like Yorky, I am still awaiting a reply!

There are 'gentlemen' in Surin?

Back